Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Forum Political Identity Poll (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=280409)

Poofler 12-11-2006 03:03 AM

Forum Political Identity Poll

I don't know if this has been done before, but the recent threads have got me wondering what the breakdown is like around here. I've got some suspicions about poster/lurker tendencies, let's see if they turn out. Apologies if none of the options fit you perfectly. If you are Fascist, you don't get a vote.

Dan. 12-11-2006 03:30 AM

Re: Forum Political Identity Poll

What's a "traditional anarchist?"

nietzreznor 12-11-2006 03:32 AM

What's the difference between "anarcho-capitalist" and "traditional anarchist"?

fwiw, i think i'm both.

Poofler 12-11-2006 03:40 AM

Sorry if the wording is off. I didn't want to include every kind of anarchist, and from my very limited knowledge, I thought "traditional anarchist" (saw this somewhere on the net) generally meant being anti-capitalism/private property, like anarcho-communists.

jokerthief 12-11-2006 03:44 AM

Isn't a social liberal, economic conservative a libertarian?

nietzreznor 12-11-2006 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if the wording is off. I didn't want to include every kind of anarchist, and from my very limited knowledge, I thought "traditional anarchist" (saw this somewhere on the net) generally meant being anti-capitalism/private property, like anarcho-communists.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.

I think that this is a fair description of some traditional anarchists, though many oppose the exploitation inherent in (state) capitalism while still believing that one can own private property.

bobman0330 12-11-2006 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no social moderate, economic conservative option, so I suspect that category will pick up those types. That's how i voted at least.

Poofler 12-11-2006 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sort of, social liberal/economic conservative would be for the more moderate statists. Those who don't necessary want government reduced to the level of your typical libertarian. Or maybe you support gun control while also being pro-drug/pro-choice/etc. Or you don't support big welfare initiatives but you are still pro-anti-trust laws, etc. It's all in your self labeling.

Case Closed 12-11-2006 03:51 AM

I am socially liberal and have some conservative economic tendencies. I don't feel like I am a libertarian per say. So I just went with that option.

peritonlogon 12-11-2006 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What's the difference between "anarcho-capitalist" and "traditional anarchist"?

fwiw, i think i'm both.

[/ QUOTE ]

A traditional Anarchist does not define the entire world in terms of possessions.