Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Poker Sites with Good Stud Action (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=517999)

FishSticks 10-08-2007 01:38 AM

Poker Sites with Good Stud Action

Where do you guys play? I'm a hold em player that's been playing some stud lately, but often times on FTP or Stars I see like only one table of 2/4 running. Are there other sites with more stud players, or is this pretty much the norm?

The Worm 10-08-2007 01:47 AM

Re: Poker Sites with Good Stud Action

I dont think Ive only ever seen just a 2/4 table going at Pokerstars. Usually a 10/20 going, a couple of 5/10s and 3/6s, and sometimes a 30/60 in stud hi. In Stud 8, there is sometimes a 100/200. Pokerstars has the most stud action of any site.

PokrLikeItsProse 10-08-2007 02:57 AM

Mostly, people are afraid to play short-handed. Sometimes, to play, you have to be willing to start the game and play 2- or 3-handed for 20 minutes before people start coming in. The best time to try and start a game is when there is at least one table going at the limit directly below what you want to play.

RobNottsUk 10-08-2007 08:20 AM

I've had that problem with FLO8 & PLO full ring tables on Stars.

There's ppl allowed to sit out for long time with 7 waiting, but noone wants to start a new game; because it would take for ever to fill I suppose.

The players most likely to start a full ring game, are LAG's and LP's, and they frequently enjoy 6-max more than full ring, with Tight players.

roggles 10-08-2007 08:33 AM

I think playing short-handed stud is more profitable (at my limits at least), so starting a new table is ok

FishSticks 10-08-2007 01:28 PM

I play mostly on FTP, so perhaps I'll have to give Stars some more time.

On Stars right now I see one 3/6 game, three 2/4 games, and four 1/2 games.

On FTP right now I see one 3/6 games, ZERO 2/4 games, and two 1/2 games. I like FTP and I prefer 2/4 so this is a problem for me - at most there's generally only that single 2/4 table going there (the Perry Friedman table).

On UB right now I see zero 7stud games and I hardly ever see any whatsoever. I only have accounts at these three sites so I was curious if any other sites out there are known for having some stud game selection.

As a NLHE reg, I'm accustomed to having like 50+ tables at a given limit to choose from, and I didn't know if I was just missing the boat somehow or if the player pools for stud hi were just pretty small.

wheatrich 10-08-2007 02:16 PM

A lot of that has to do with site design. Because of the extra tab you have to get to go to the games you're not going to find many games on those sites. If you can't find games at stars you're probably not going to find one anywhere else. The fish have to see the game on their screen to play it. I wish they'd just combine them instead of seperate tabs or have the tabs on the main screen as that would increase these games.

SGspecial 10-08-2007 02:53 PM

Does anybody have any recon on the stud/razz action on Carbon poker? (or lack thereof)

Noir_Desir 10-08-2007 03:55 PM

Never seen a table going there but i have not played there for long. But they hardly have LHE players either so it doesn't look good.

I've played stud on the ongame network, but AFAIK that's non-US.

Nina 10-08-2007 04:14 PM

-Low limit games at AP, rarely higher than FL 0.50/1
-sometimes FL 0.50/1 at Microgaming, low limit PL often
-low limits at iPoker -when games, rarely more than 5 players at limits above 0.25/0.50
-OnGame & Boss some games often
Never at Carbon

European evening time.