Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   newt g. advocates terror (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511559)

PLOlover 09-28-2007 08:42 PM

newt g. advocates terror

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=331VYtpGmAY

newt advocates sabatage and terrorism against iran. admits US has sponsored terrorisim in the past vs. USSR.

good or bad?

VayaConDios 09-28-2007 08:44 PM

Re: newt g. advocates terror

Sounds like a good idea. That way, we can give the entire defense budget to Blackwater rather than just part of it.

kimchi 09-28-2007 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Iranian weapons are coming into Iraq to kill American

[/ QUOTE ]

American weapons are coming into Israel to kill Palestinians.

Everytime I watch a Fox News clip I think about their ratings and hold my head in my hands.

Copernicus 09-28-2007 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=331VYtpGmAY

newt advocates sabatage and terrorism against iran. admits US has sponsored terrorisim in the past vs. USSR.

good or bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

next time please post the time of what you imagined you heard. I wasted 8 1/2 minutes listening to what I knew would be NOT A WORD ABOUT US TERRORISM.

canis582 09-28-2007 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Iranian weapons are coming into Iraq to kill American

[/ QUOTE ]

American weapons are coming into Israel to kill Palestinians.

[/ QUOTE ]

Iraq and Turkey aggreed combine forces to crack down on a terrorist group: the Kurds, the ally of the US. WTF?????? The US is the ally of a terrorist group? That our bff4lyfe Iraq said is terrorist?

PLOlover 09-29-2007 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
next time please post the time of what you imagined you heard. I wasted 8 1/2 minutes listening to what I knew would be NOT A WORD ABOUT US TERRORISM.

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't you hear the part about newt wanting a covert operation to blow up iran's only oil refinery? is that not terrorism?

PLOlover 09-29-2007 01:41 AM

I mean, look at it this way. a former top iranian politician, goes on iranian tv and says that iran must set up a covert operation to smuggle a nuke into the US and destroy a major US city.

isn't this the precise terror scenario everybody in D.C. keeps talking about?

Is it terrorism when it's done to the US, but not terrorism when the US does it?

Copernicus 09-29-2007 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't you hear the part about newt wanting a covert operation to blow up iran's only oil refinery? is that not terrorism?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, its not.

The UNs working definition in drafting anti-terrorism resolutions:

"intended to cause death or serious bodily harm to civilians or non-combatants with the purpose of intimidating a population or compelling a government or an international organization to do or abstain from doing any act."

Moreover in general discussions of terrorism the key element is targeting civilians.

Nothing he talked about involved death or bodily harm to civilians and noncombatants.

ZeroPointMachine 09-29-2007 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, its not.

"intended to cause death or serious bodily harm to civilians or non-combatants with the purpose of intimidating a population or compelling a government or an international organization to do or abstain from doing any act."

Moreover in general discussions of terrorism the key element is targeting civilians.

Nothing he talked about involved death or bodily harm to civilians and noncombatants.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, as long as Iran supplies weapons that only kill US Marines/Soldiers and Iraqi security forces they are not sponsoring terrorism? So, in reality the only terrorism Iran is sponsoring is against Iraqi civilians?

Copernicus 09-29-2007 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, its not.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, as long as Iran supplies weapons that only kill US Marines/Soldiers and Iraqi security forces they are not sponsoring terrorism? So, in reality the only terrorism Iran is sponsoring is against Iraqi civilians?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, the specific act of providing weapons and personnel against US forces is not terrorism. It is still an act of war, but not terrorism. That also doesnt preclude them from taking other actions that ARE terrorism, including sponsoring other terrorist organizations such as Hamas and Hezbollah.