Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   200nl Video (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556823)

Parsy 11-29-2007 04:39 AM

Re: 200nl Video

Cheers for the vid.

I thought the QQ was a c/f on the flop but not a huge deal tbh.

One question, when you get 3 bet from the BB and you consider 4 bet bluffing, i'm guessing you're making it $120 with the intention of calling a shove 100% of the time?

1968 11-29-2007 04:40 AM

With the QQ hand- I dont like the flop c/c... if you play it like this it should be with the intention of leading the turn.. Check raise is an option- but with minimal reads and a really fishy small bet- I think c/f is fine..
Def make a note of villains fishy play there..

Some minor things-
-you folded A6 in the CO. easy open. but you were talking- so maybe distracted.
-you opened K3o on button and cbet the most coordinated board possible. fold pre imo.
-not crazy about cold calling a UTG raise with 75s on button with minimal reads. Deeper yes.
-you opened J5s on button against 2 short blinds. fold this regardless of short blinds.. imo.

Noam Chomsky 11-29-2007 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but if you bet, it is likely your opponent will fold because his 3bet calling range here pf is wider than you might think, especially since both you guys are deep. c/f is ok if there weren't a side pot; but in this case the side pot is bigger than the main pot. if this were checked to me, i'd make sure you didn't see anymore cards by stealing the side pot with ATC. in short, you need to protect your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh....

[ QUOTE ]
but if you bet, it is likely your opponent will fold because his 3bet calling range here pf is wider than you might think, especially since both you guys are deep. c/f is ok if there weren't a side pot; but in this case the side pot is bigger than the main pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would rarely bet QQ here if the pot were hu and I think it's generally not great poker to do so. I mean, sure, it's likely your opponent will fold but they're just folding worse hands, never better and only calling with better, never worse. Against a reasonably competent opponent you're just dumping money into the pot which you are in no position to defend. I love when people do it vs me though!!! I'm even less inclined to bet here in a protected pot because 99% of people are going to play sooo straight forward that there's really no need to complicate things.

[ QUOTE ]
if this were checked to me, i'd make sure you didn't see anymore cards by stealing the side pot with ATC. in short, you need to protect your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be true of you and it may even be true of me but ime vs the average 1/2 anyhow, it's going to be much more profitable for you to fold and take a note on the 1 or 2 guys that will be bluffing here knowing they have to go to showdown cause most aren't doing that.

r1tony 11-29-2007 05:56 PM

Appreciate the video man. I can't critic as I am still learning but enjoyed the quality and informative video.

Look for more in the future.

-Tony

ronitonline 11-29-2007 07:38 PM

Why does everyone say TCC works with WMV, it installs into quicktime doesn't it? I've installed TCC multi and it never lets WMV play [censored].