Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   This is why I never fold. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=283781)

Andy B 12-15-2006 02:19 AM

This is why I never fold.

Razz ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (5.50 SB)

Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls

5th Street - (8.75 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls

6th Street - (20.75 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

River - (24.75 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls___folds
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___raises___calls

Total pot: (31.75 BB)

Shortly afterwards, it was established that seat 8 thought that this was stud high and was pushing Kings-up. Winner had (69)(J) for a 97.

bigredlemon 12-15-2006 02:54 AM

Re: This is why I never fold.

shouldn't A2359 beat a 97?

Andy B 12-15-2006 02:57 AM

Not when the 95 doesn't make it to the showdown.

2461Badugi 12-15-2006 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shortly afterwards, it was established that seat 8 thought that this was stud high and was pushing Kings-up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where by "shortly afterwards" you mean "on fifth street?"

electrical 12-15-2006 03:47 AM

This was a HORSE game, right? People don't click on the little tab that says "Razz" and then settle in to play Stud High, do they?

Do they?

If they do, my mind is blown a little bit.

Andy B 12-15-2006 03:47 AM

Third or fourth for that matter, I s'pose.

Andy B 12-15-2006 03:49 AM

This is a razz-only table. I think the converter indicates hands that come from HORSE games.

cgrohman 12-15-2006 10:05 AM

Got to love that raise by the K4 on 4th. Seat 5 must have actually been smoking crack while playing. I not talking about shortly before playing. I am talking pipe in left hand, mouse in right hand.

cgrohman 12-15-2006 10:16 AM

How does your fold make you feel?

Andy B 12-15-2006 11:31 AM

I don't have the HH handy, but my response in the chat was to the general effect of "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA."

*TT* 12-15-2006 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seat 5 must have actually been smoking crack while playing. I not talking about shortly before playing. I am talking pipe in left hand, mouse in right hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you alluding to?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Bartholow 12-15-2006 03:57 PM

I was going to berate you but it sure seems like seat 4 should have you beat here.

Andy B 12-15-2006 08:39 PM

Well, that's what I was thinking. I've shown a lot of aggression, not to mention three wheel cards. Apparently, he thought I was doing this with 98 down.

Anyone think that third was too loose?

*TT* 12-15-2006 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone think that third was too loose?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but only because the duce raised into three low cards including an A, he probably wasn't out to steal and therefore is drawing smoother than you. I have been known to call with a hidden 9 though vs some opponents, so its far from horrible considering your up card.

[ QUOTE ]
I've shown a lot of aggression, not to mention three wheel cards

[/ QUOTE ]

When you check on the end you give your opponent license to steal. If I check this river its because I am prepared to overcall or re-raise. We know that seat 8 is a spaz and will bet, and anyone else who wants to win the hand will insta-raise to shut out the field. In short since we figured out that the spazz thinks he is playing Stud, the real question is do we bet, c/c, or c/r? I think since he is dead money a bet into the field is the long term money play - thats really your only significant error in the hand.

PS: really great to see you playing lowball games now! I predict you will be hooked on Triple Draw next within the next 4 months.

Andy B 12-15-2006 09:29 PM

"Deuce."

Yeah, if I bet and the high hand raises, folks are going to be hard-pressed to re-raise. It costs me exactly two bets, and I never get raised off of the best hand.

Andy B 12-15-2006 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I predict you will be hooked on Triple Draw next within the next 4 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played it some. I was playing a lot of badugi about a year ago until I figured out that I stink at it.

*TT* 12-15-2006 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I predict you will be hooked on Triple Draw next within the next 4 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played it some. I was playing a lot of badugi about a year ago until I figured out that I stink at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

no worries, everyone stinks at it. There are only a handful of us who have a clue, and even among us nobody has truly cracked the game wide open yet. Just value bet your 3 card nut draws relentlessly, and you will get paid off - thats the #1 money maker in that game, you have to be tighter than a 2 year old's xxxxxx.

*TT* 12-15-2006 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Deuce."

Yeah, if I bet and the high hand raises, folks are going to be hard-pressed to re-raise. It costs me exactly two bets, and I never get raised off of the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the worse case scenario is you can fold if someone raises besides the stud playing spaz. Oddly I see value in that bet.