Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   This is why I never fold. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=283781)

*TT* 12-15-2006 11:44 AM

Re: This is why I never fold.

[ QUOTE ]
Seat 5 must have actually been smoking crack while playing. I not talking about shortly before playing. I am talking pipe in left hand, mouse in right hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you alluding to?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Bartholow 12-15-2006 03:57 PM

I was going to berate you but it sure seems like seat 4 should have you beat here.

Andy B 12-15-2006 08:39 PM

Well, that's what I was thinking. I've shown a lot of aggression, not to mention three wheel cards. Apparently, he thought I was doing this with 98 down.

Anyone think that third was too loose?

*TT* 12-15-2006 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone think that third was too loose?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but only because the duce raised into three low cards including an A, he probably wasn't out to steal and therefore is drawing smoother than you. I have been known to call with a hidden 9 though vs some opponents, so its far from horrible considering your up card.

[ QUOTE ]
I've shown a lot of aggression, not to mention three wheel cards

[/ QUOTE ]

When you check on the end you give your opponent license to steal. If I check this river its because I am prepared to overcall or re-raise. We know that seat 8 is a spaz and will bet, and anyone else who wants to win the hand will insta-raise to shut out the field. In short since we figured out that the spazz thinks he is playing Stud, the real question is do we bet, c/c, or c/r? I think since he is dead money a bet into the field is the long term money play - thats really your only significant error in the hand.

PS: really great to see you playing lowball games now! I predict you will be hooked on Triple Draw next within the next 4 months.

Andy B 12-15-2006 09:29 PM

"Deuce."

Yeah, if I bet and the high hand raises, folks are going to be hard-pressed to re-raise. It costs me exactly two bets, and I never get raised off of the best hand.

Andy B 12-15-2006 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I predict you will be hooked on Triple Draw next within the next 4 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played it some. I was playing a lot of badugi about a year ago until I figured out that I stink at it.

*TT* 12-15-2006 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I predict you will be hooked on Triple Draw next within the next 4 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played it some. I was playing a lot of badugi about a year ago until I figured out that I stink at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

no worries, everyone stinks at it. There are only a handful of us who have a clue, and even among us nobody has truly cracked the game wide open yet. Just value bet your 3 card nut draws relentlessly, and you will get paid off - thats the #1 money maker in that game, you have to be tighter than a 2 year old's xxxxxx.

*TT* 12-15-2006 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Deuce."

Yeah, if I bet and the high hand raises, folks are going to be hard-pressed to re-raise. It costs me exactly two bets, and I never get raised off of the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the worse case scenario is you can fold if someone raises besides the stud playing spaz. Oddly I see value in that bet.