Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge: Discussion+Review (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Anti-depressants (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530848)

CharlieDontSurf 10-25-2007 02:18 PM

Re: Anti-depressants

I'm on wellburtrin..it works goot

Scully 10-25-2007 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems to be the one that I have talked to a lot of people about who have had very good results, myself included.

VoraciousReader 10-25-2007 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MissT74 10-25-2007 07:33 PM

I went to my doctor due to my insomnia and after discussing life and what not with him for 20 mins he decides to give me Paxil for anxiety, vs. sleeping pills. I was like, um ok whatever, I just want to sleep! They are AWESOME for sleeping, always knocks me out in about 20 mins.

After reading this thread it actually dawned on me that my lack of sexual desire that started about 6 months ago coincides with the time I started taking the Paxil. Sigh.

Hmmm...sleep or sex??

That reminds me, I need another refill. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

T

Scully 10-25-2007 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went to my doctor due to my insomnia and after discussing life and what not with him for 20 mins he decides to give me Paxil for anxiety, vs. sleeping pills. I was like, um ok whatever, I just want to sleep! They are AWESOME for sleeping, always knocks me out in about 20 mins.

After reading this thread it actually dawned on me that my lack of sexual desire that started about 6 months ago coincides with the time I started taking the Paxil. Sigh.

Hmmm...sleep or sex??

That reminds me, I need another refill. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

T

[/ QUOTE ]

Paxil worked well for depression and I took it for a while. It does sedate and squash sexual drive. It can also be a cause of weight gain. For a while that was worth it for the relief of the depression without the anxiety.

The Wellbutrin, which I recently started gives a boost, like a strong cup of coffee-not the best for sleep-but not the over the top anxiety. Sexual drive is back and I lost the weight I gained and then some. I need to get a few new things as my pre-paxil stuff is too big. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I am curious T, why not take a sleeping pill like Lunesta or Ambien? There are really no side effects to those if you are only needing to relieve insomnia.

MissT74 10-25-2007 08:52 PM

I got to say I was very nervous about Ambien or Lunesta because I know how addicting they can be and I have an addictive personality by nature. When I expressed that to my doc, he advised the Paxil and said it works great for sleeping problems which is caused by my anxiety (just didn't realize that!) and he assured me it was safe and non habit forming and he's been taking it for sleeping reasons for years (not regularly, but that's what he uses).

CORRECTION: I looked it up and I got the name wrong, I'm not on Paxil, I'm on Xanax. My bad.

Same side affects though....I think. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

T

Stagger_Lee 10-25-2007 09:19 PM

Something that would calm anxiety, help with sleep, help with weight loss and allow some level of alcohol consumption would be good.

beersportspoker 10-25-2007 09:36 PM

How does drinking alcohol and taking Anti-depressants work for you guys?

Nicky Balls 10-26-2007 01:12 AM

anti depresents work but they also suck, in my case im sick of taking them. so i stoped. they made me lose weight and made me into a diff person. ive ben off them for a long time now and my next step to fixing depresion is to just get it over with if it comes to a point where i cant stand it n e more. i actualy had the worst day of my life 3 days ago. very scary week for me. but im still hear n trying hard to get by. i should actualy start on the anti depresent again. if your depresed and suicidal take it. but if it dosent work like my case just try to find happiness some how...

ChipWrecked 10-26-2007 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I started on Prozac. It smoothed out the mood swings that were apparently a symptom of my depression. I'm not sure if it was a side effect or just the way the drug works, but I started to feel like a zombie. Sure, I didn't have rages anymore; in fact I didn't feel anything at all. Sexual side effects were there, and I posted a huge weight gain.

Switch to Wellbutrin, helped considerably. I even quit smoking. After a year of bicycle commuting, I was in pretty good shape, felt good, and quit them.

Lately I'm seriously considering starting up again. Oddly, for someone with a past containing an extensive 'recreational' drug history, I'm loathe to take a drug that attempts to fine tune my mind. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]