Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Are The Players at WPEX that good? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=327023)

karpov 02-08-2007 03:41 PM

Are The Players at WPEX that good?

I'm a winning player at 100-200 Limit Holdem, Bellagio, Commerce etc. I made a lot of money playing Party from 15 to 50 games. I just can't win at WPEX. Now I'm trying 10-20 as a challange but I'm still loosing and just getting my money back from the rake. Is somebody having the same problem?

DING-DONG YO 02-08-2007 03:43 PM

Re: Are The Players at WPEX that good?

No, they're not.

and I wish you affiliates of other sites would just leave WPEX be.

Kinja 02-08-2007 03:57 PM

I'm trying to figure that out as well, I'm in the same situaton as you. Either run hot or cold there, too many semi- bluffing 4 betting maniacs in situations on 4th street where a 4 flush presents them after a bad flop call.

KurtSF 02-08-2007 03:58 PM

Never played there, but the line I've heard is that they're "tricky", not good.

That is, take the "correct" line in a hand and they eat you. Have to mix it up a bit to beat them, but they are beatable.

Again, this is just second hand info from what I've read here.

RikaKazak 02-08-2007 03:59 PM

I'm up a bunch on there

BigPoppa 02-08-2007 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Never played there, but the line I've heard is that they're "tricky", not good.

That is, take the "correct" line in a hand and they eat you. Have to mix it up a bit to beat them, but they are beatable.

Again, this is just second hand info from what I've read here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tricky and a near psychotic level of aggression.

Pots get big fast, with a lot of pots capped preflop with no one having a premium hand.

Typical sequence:
Folds to MP who raises with 77
CO 3 bets with A7s
BB caps with 99

If the flop comes 7 high, all three players will go to the river acting like they've got the nuts.

bcblack 02-08-2007 06:18 PM

I thought i was a healthy winner until I really looked at pokertracker, and found that I am a healthy loser at all limits with 5 or more players. However, I am a very big winner HU, 3 handed, and somewhat at 4 handed. So thats all I do now, and I am winning consistantly on there. Of course i'm mainly playing omaha now and the games are so easy I have quit holdem at the moment.

I don't know why I can't beat 5 or 6 handed games on there, but it is a fact. I have played large numbers of hands a all limits from 1/2 to 20/40, and it is the same at every limit. I am barely a winner at 1/2 5 and 6 handed, and a loser at all other limits. Go figure.