Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222300)

NewTeaBag 06-23-2007 12:11 PM

Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

[ QUOTE ]
Banking Question: Do the ATM cards the banks issue, work in the United States? Can you send Western Union or MoneyGram back to US?

[/ QUOTE ]

ALmost every ATM machine I've seen in Thailand has the like 15 different logos of types of cards that work so I'd tentatively say, Yes. My gf's ATM card (issued from Bangkok Bank has the PLus/Cirrus/etc stuff on it)

I have also seen several Western Union Outlets over here (not sure bout moneygram).

WhoIam 06-23-2007 03:49 PM

I sent money to Stars via Western Union but the rake was ridiculous. Not worth it unless there's an emergency.

NewTeaBag 07-03-2007 05:17 AM

Update plz boyz!

Are WhoIam and OfdaBeat official Male Prositute Pimps in BKK yet?

Has ofDaBeat shagged the volleyball team yet?

WhoIam 07-03-2007 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Update plz boyz!

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pulling out of my personal Asian financial crisis and am going back to Laos on the 11th. No prostitution, but I did briefly consider teaching English before my luck turned around. Do you still have those firecrackers? This would be a good day to use them. Because today...is the day...we celebrate...our independence!

NewTeaBag 07-04-2007 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Update plz boyz!

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pulling out of my personal Asian financial crisis and am going back to Laos on the 11th. No prostitution, but I did briefly consider teaching English before my luck turned around. Do you still have those firecrackers? This would be a good day to use them. Because today...is the day...we celebrate...our independence!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLZ We used the firecrackers at the temple (ZOMG intended use!)

Enjoy Laos.

I have entered my own Asian Financial Crisis. Someones nicked my ATM card and dropped over $1K fraudulent charges on it. SOz no access to me monies whilst sorting it out now. ARRRRRRRGH!

iwantbooze 07-08-2007 10:39 AM

bit of a bump

currently in BKK for 2 months, was wondering a good place to buy high quality fake watches?

I have a friend who got a great one from china, and I had a look around silom and mbk but the watches don't look *really* good.

Any suggestions? :-)

WhoIam 07-08-2007 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bit of a bump

currently in BKK for 2 months, was wondering a good place to buy high quality fake watches?

I have a friend who got a great one from china, and I had a look around silom and mbk but the watches don't look *really* good.

Any suggestions? :-)

[/ QUOTE ]
That's funny, ofdabeat and I were just talking about this today. He knows of some places in China but nothing here. I assume you mean watches in the several hundred dollar range, right?

NewTeaBag 07-08-2007 03:08 PM

Shameless addition/promotion of friends place in Patong.

Patong Hotel

If anyone is visiting Patong, this place is close to the beach and nightlife and I can get you a decent disoucnt on their advertised rates.

(Owner is woman who spent a week with my gf at the temple and pretty nice/straightforward)

iwantbooze 07-09-2007 05:24 AM

whoiam: yeah, most of the ones i've seen are in the 2,000B range and are ok. As I see it though, a fake watch that only looks ok is a waste of time :-/

PilotMatt 07-13-2007 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is Bangkok abbreviated BKK instead of BK? Or am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its their airport code (just like lga or jfk)