Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Poker After Dark thread (week of 10/1 - Poker Prowess) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513582)

Kevmath 10-02-2007 12:02 AM

Poker After Dark thread (week of 10/1 - Poker Prowess)

It's another brand new week of Poker After Dark episodes, but the lineup may not be as exciting as previous weeks if the discussion is to be believed. They've titled this week's lineup "Poker Prowess", and they got that half right. This week's lineup features:

John Juanda
Annie Duke
Andy Bloch
David Williams
Phil Laak
Clonie Gowen

Torello 10-02-2007 12:25 AM

Re: Poker After Dark thread (week of 10/1 - Poker Prowess)

Are you saying that all these people are good in bed? How would you even know?

Ishan 10-02-2007 02:34 AM

this show sucks balls
why would anyone waste their time watching this [censored] when you have hsp

cobrakai111 10-02-2007 03:05 AM

David Williams is trying way to hard to maximize his air time.

Pokerjeu 10-02-2007 11:50 AM

Am I the only one who found the first hand strange or badly played?

Block flop top set and just called the weak bet on the river on a pretty safe board

Only on thing could beat him is if williams have flop a flush but pretty unprobable in a heads up hand

this is in the same category than the J Tilly hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

MNoller 10-02-2007 01:43 PM

Okay, where the hell on the new website are the complete episodes?

JDesab 10-02-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Block flop top set and just called the weak bet on the river on a pretty safe board

Only on thing could beat him is if williams have flop a flush but pretty unprobable in a heads up hand

this is in the same category than the J Tilly hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

no it is not. if anything block played the flop badly.. his river call was not a bad play... if he raises, williams is capable of a) had the flush the whole way and played it the exact same way or b) bluffing huge. either way block took the correct action on the first hand of a six player freeze-out where you start the match with 100 big blinds.

raising williams is not the problem.... calling williams potential re-raise is the problem.

uauaEEE 10-02-2007 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, where the hell on the new website are the complete episodes?

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.nbcsports.com/poker/index.html

Passaman 10-02-2007 03:49 PM

(cross-posted from Freekobe's thread)

I'm really happy that Laak is gone. It makes the rest of the week waaaay more enjoyable. BTW, I hope Williams goes quickly too. He's one of those, "I have to prove how smart I am" kind of guys. Note how he says to the table, "That's why you don't play 7-5 suited" when Juanda is drawing dead and on the trailer for tomorrow's show, "I've got poker down, boys and girls." Disgusting.

JDesab 10-02-2007 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(cross-posted from Freekobe's thread)

"That's why you don't play 7-5 suited" when Juanda is drawing dead

[/ QUOTE ]

ever heard of self effacing humor? he is aware that the table is aware that he's an ATC player. Juanda is much less so. there's the humor. perhaps you should have someone watch the episodes with you so they can explain to you what's going on.

Fermion5 10-02-2007 04:08 PM

lol, awkward handshake at the end...

q16 10-02-2007 06:52 PM

WTF with Laak and cereal? Is that his shtick?

Last week it was funny, when he first brought it up with Shana this week it was amusing. When he kept going on about it, I dunno, the guy's totally Asperger's for cereal maybe.

Better week than I expected so far, though.

DinkinFlicka 10-04-2007 02:47 AM

I think that Juanda got a little steamed when David repeatedly called him "sweet". After Juanda took a huge pot from him he started talking some of his super soft trash, which can be frustrating in it's own right. I think John Juanda talking genuine trash is so subtly funny.

bigdaddydrew 10-04-2007 03:41 AM

Where is one Shana Hiatts?

bigshowmack 10-04-2007 05:52 AM

Clownie Gowan needs to lay off the coke. She looks like death.

Nelish 10-04-2007 08:58 AM

Just watched the first episode.. David Williams has a huge tell!!

charliecozz 10-04-2007 01:06 PM

Looks like it's about time for David Williams to bust out. Course I don't blame him at that table....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

GaryTheGoat 10-04-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clownie Gowan needs to lay off the coke. She looks like death.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like Clownie is trying too hard to act like she has straightened up...it ain't workin' partly because of her looking like death warmed over.

gg

q16 10-04-2007 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like Clownie is trying too hard to act like she has straightened up...it ain't workin' partly because of her looking like death warmed over.

[/ QUOTE ]

brunette > blonde, but not for Clownie. She looks like a bulimic Elvira.

Dan87 10-04-2007 08:45 PM

"whats that saying go you can only shear a sheep once or something like that"

stick to foot pron instead of proverbs

MrFizzbin 10-04-2007 09:32 PM

Is it me or does Shaina seem Pregnant (boobs larger, flowing dress over midsection...)

PokrLikeItsProse 10-05-2007 11:41 AM

Wow, that was an interesting bust out hand for Williams. Based on the table talk and hands played on this show through the whole week, I may not be aggressive enough with king-high preflop in online tournaments. Then again, maybe not.

bitbytebit 10-05-2007 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it me or does Shaina seem Pregnant (boobs larger, flowing dress over midsection...)

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be, either way she is looking hotter than ever.

What the hell is with Williams saying JJ is 'sweet' .. sounds like prison talk.

charliecozz 10-05-2007 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell is with Williams saying JJ is 'sweet' .. sounds like prison talk.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought that was very odd too. Who calls another man sweet?? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

ibluffoldladies 10-05-2007 01:06 PM

oops nevermind, found it.

private joker 10-05-2007 06:01 PM

1) Why did Clonie keep trying to bluff a calling station?

2) God I love Juanda. Not only is he the best player at the table by a country mile, but his table talk is short and efficient -- he knows how to say just one line to needle Williams, then does it. And when he said "It's time for me to take a big pot off you, David," he woke up with AQ and busted David's KTs. His comeback so far from 3k to the overwhelming chip lead is so awesome.

3) Williams kind of sucks. And his bustout interview with Shana was so arrogant and dickish. He said it wasn't a very tough table compared to other PADs, as if he's the best player in the world and they didn't give him top notch competition to try to beat. Nice bling, David. Now get off the set.

AKoffsuit 10-05-2007 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i noticed it to she also looks hotter than usual this week
and she asks good questions to the players

PokrLikeItsProse 10-05-2007 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Why did Clonie keep trying to bluff a calling station?

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it just me, or did she seem to try and check her good hands to trap him and bluff with her bad hands?

hkdsixgun 10-05-2007 10:36 PM

Is it only my computer but when i click to watch poker after dark online the nbc link does not work

SuperUberBob 10-06-2007 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just watched the first episode.. David Williams has a huge tell!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it involve toe sucking?

kioshk 10-06-2007 03:44 AM

Clonie's oversold by Full Tilt, but I don't hold that against her. She's humble when she talks about her poker skill, probably too much so. She looks pretty good for a lady in her 30's. I'll give her a pass on the internet forum hate and save mine for David Williams, who acted like an ass and didn't play well.

(too humble in the sense that poker players should sound confident)

Kos13 10-06-2007 06:41 AM

What's the deal with people bashing Clonie's looks? She's pretty cute for being in her mid-30's.

KSOT 10-06-2007 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the deal with people bashing Clonie's looks? She's pretty cute for being in her mid-30's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll handle this fellas.

http://www.ultimatepoker.com/images/...day-1c-012.jpg

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/7...onienewsd1.jpg

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/5...enewsd2ge5.jpg

menacing_1 10-06-2007 04:34 PM

I think Clonie deserves some recognition here. Hardly anyone on 2+2 picked her to win this match, but she now joins Howard Lederer as the only other two-time winner on PAD. I thought she played very well, but apparently I'm in the minority of people on this site who think kudos are in order.

Dominic 10-06-2007 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clonie's oversold by Full Tilt, but I don't hold that against her. She's humble when she talks about her poker skill, probably too much so. She looks pretty good for a lady in her 30's. I'll give her a pass on the internet forum hate and save mine for David Williams, who acted like an ass and didn't play well.

(too humble in the sense that poker players should sound confident)

[/ QUOTE ]

she looks good for a lady in her 30s??? 40s I'll give you with that kind of statement, but 30s?

Dominic 10-06-2007 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus, you young guys are ridiculous. mid-30s is hardly over-the-hill for most women.

Dominic 10-06-2007 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Clonie deserves some recognition here. Hardly anyone on 2+2 picked her to win this match, but she now joins Howard Lederer as the only other two-time winner on PAD. I thought she played very well, but apparently I'm in the minority of people on this site who think kudos are in order.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, good for her...although she did catch a lot of cards heads up...

JustCuz 10-06-2007 05:49 PM

Agreed. She caught the cards she needed to win HU, but ya still gotta give her props. She played well, and I can't take a thing from her as a poker player.

But you guys think she looks good? That combo of toothpick arms and almond-shaped face freaks me out. Compare:

http://pokerfolio.com/Gallery1/album...00day1_038.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...35px-Alien.png

kingbrody 10-06-2007 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, Clonie played well and proved again that PAD is a tough match every week. She's got 2 now and Hellmuth and Matusow are a combined 0-9! Also, I'd love to see all of the "Mega Hot" bloggers and their significant others who are bashing Clonie's looks. The last time I walked into a live Poker forum I thought the sign should have been changed to "Porker Conference"

I mean serioulsy, how many of you have a wife, girlfriend or hostage chained to the furnace as good looking as Clonie.

AKoffsuit 10-06-2007 08:55 PM

She kept being dealt good hands and hitting top pair on the flop
i don't remember Juanda ever being dealt a card higher than a Jack he was just constantly getting trash.