Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Did Jamie lose money this season? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555999)

sublyme 11-27-2007 10:52 PM

Did Jamie lose money this season?

Obviously I don't have the numbers, otherwise I wouldn't be posting this thread. On HSP Jamie seemed to be winning all season and when he finally left in this last episode with around $100k, I'm wondering if he broke even for the season, came out behind or slightly ahead? Does anyone have any solid numbers for HSP wins/losses for other players as well?

Hipsdontlie69 11-27-2007 10:56 PM

Re: Did Jamie lose money this season?

Being JAmie Gold alone is already a big loss.

Tofu_boy 11-27-2007 11:04 PM

He did won some at the beginning but I don't think he won 400K before the big game start. Very sure he's down for the season.

Doc T River 11-27-2007 11:06 PM

I would bet he is down.

jwc529 11-27-2007 11:19 PM

I think around 200k+ first part, -400-450k 2nd part (he rebought a little). You know the first lineup is soft when Hellmuth and Gold come out the winners, lol.

Hipsdontlie69 11-27-2007 11:19 PM

he was up in the beginning but he promised half of it to vinny vinh in exchange for some promotional stuff, now Vinny is suing him for half of the winnings so Jamie have to intentionally lose this season so he dont have to give half of his initial winning to vinny vinh.

bones 11-27-2007 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he was up in the beginning but he promised half of it to vinny vinh in exchange for some promotional stuff, now Vinny is suing him for half of the winnings so Jamie have to intentionally lose this season so he dont have to give half of his initial winning to vinny vinh.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the worst attempts at humor I have ever seen.

Honestly...

sqwisssssss 11-28-2007 12:37 AM

meanwhile, in the back of greensteins mind about jamie, "PLEASE DONT LEAVE YOU F'N SUCKER!!!!!!!!"

OnYourBike 11-28-2007 12:50 AM

Gold outplayed Farha with KK vs AA. Great psychology.

Assani Fisher 11-28-2007 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously I don't have the numbers, otherwise I wouldn't be posting this thread. On HSP Jamie seemed to be winning all season and when he finally left in this last episode with around $100k, I'm wondering if he broke even for the season, came out behind or slightly ahead? Does anyone have any solid numbers for HSP wins/losses for other players as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sublyme,

Thanks a lot for the thread, as its always a joy to read your posts. I don't have any special information, but I'll agree with the other that have said he is most likely down somewhere around $200K. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. Best wishes man.

Love,
Assani

LiveNow 11-28-2007 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
jamie seemed really desperate actually. I don't think there was much great psychology involved.

OnYourBike 11-28-2007 01:18 AM

He was trying to save himself $200k because he had to call with KK. Smart move. Farha fell for all the talk.

Zorlac 11-28-2007 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Either that or Farha/Gold really ARE sleeping together.

btmagnetw 11-28-2007 02:51 AM

JUST CHECK IT DOWN. CMON SAMMY PLEASE. PLEASE SAMMY!!! JUST CHECK IT DOWN!! THERES ENOUGH MONEY!! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SAMMY JUST CHECK IT DOWN PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"i check"

....ha, i totally just "outplayed you"

john voight 11-28-2007 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol this is so stupid/lame that it actually is funny

sapol 11-28-2007 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot the part where Vinny doesn't show up to get his half and loses it

OnYourBike 11-28-2007 07:25 AM

At least Jamie is entertaining and understands his role in the game, unlike those embarrassing internet nerds.

Hotel Detect 11-28-2007 08:20 AM

I am pretty sure gold was +250 and then -400.. I would say he might have only lost 150-200k. All things considered it's not bad at all since he played so bat-@*)$ crazy.

Al Capwne 11-28-2007 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jaimie: JUST CHECK IT DOWN. CMON SAMMY PLEASE. PLEASE SAMMY!!! JUST CHECK IT DOWN!! THERES ENOUGH MONEY!! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SAMMY JUST CHECK IT DOWN PLEASE! Man, I got these cheeseburgers. They some double cheeseburgers.
Sammy: I just ate. I just ate.
Jaimie :Come on, man. I'll suck your dick, man.
Sammy: The [censored] you just said?
Jamie: I said I'll suck your dick, man. Come on now.

Sammy: "i check"

....ha, i totally just "outplayed you"

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

TheTruthSpeaks 11-28-2007 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the fact that Jamie Gold/ Vinnie Vinh material is easy to work with, it is almost impossible to create a joke this unfunny.

da_fume 11-28-2007 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At least Jamie is entertaining and understands his role in the game, unlike those embarrassing internet nerds.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you find Jamie Gold entertaining you are a sicko. He is disgusting and gross and also he is icky. There is no way Gold thinks of himself as a donator, which is exactly what he is.

TobyG 11-28-2007 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot the part where Vinny doesn't show up and his chair gets half and uses it to buy-in and win the 2008 main event

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

THEOSU 11-28-2007 02:34 PM

the better question is did jamie have a fold button this season?

Christophers 11-28-2007 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He was trying to save himself $200k because he had to call with KK. Smart move. Farha fell for all the talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I swear you're the biggest retard on this forum.

SappyMcG 11-28-2007 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I swear you're the biggest retard on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha...omg i love the POKERWORLD so much...POKERWORLD is full of Goldfishies yumyumyumyumyumyum

jcmoussa 11-28-2007 06:33 PM

technically hes down, but i heard he sold alot of himself off to some well known high stakes players.

Daliman 11-28-2007 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
technically hes down, but i heard he sold alot of himself off to some well known high stakes players.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, that would be like the worst investment opportunity outside of Nigeria, ( unless of course you are referring to the "they are all trading pieces of each other" conspiracy theory.)

gentlemole 11-28-2007 07:03 PM

why would anyone want a piece of jamie gold?
he really seemed determined to lose money in the last few
episodes

rocketsfan4lyfe 11-28-2007 07:07 PM

i wish he lost more, he probably wont be playing as much poker anymore after the HSP experience

NervousFC 11-28-2007 07:35 PM

Does anyone know what stakes Jamie Gold normally was playing before the show? He really seemed like a fish out of water at these stakse. And has anyone played against him after the show was taped? Did he go down in stakes?

Surely, after watching the last episode, if he's got half a brain - he's got to change his playing style.

JMa 11-28-2007 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, that would be like the worst investment opportunity outside of Nigeria, ( unless of course you are referring to the "they are all trading pieces of each other" conspiracy theory.)

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure durrrrr staked jamie

jmill2511 11-28-2007 07:49 PM

Thinking jc is leveling, I've never seen someone try so hard to lose as Jamie Gold. He's very good at it to be fair.

OnYourBike 11-29-2007 03:38 AM

How long until Jamie is busto? The main event money he won only goes so far giving half of it away, paying taxes, then getting slaughtered in cash games.

jwc529 11-29-2007 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How long until Jamie is busto? The main event money he won only goes so far giving half of it away, paying taxes, then getting slaughtered in cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't worry too much about Jamie, sounds like his friends are teaching him PLO and making sure that's all they will play for some reason.
http://video.pokernews.com/v/46e2e060cff6b.swf

dank stax 11-29-2007 04:23 AM

I heard he won the 11r on stars

88keyz 11-30-2007 08:24 AM

Helmuth killed it this season in my opinion.

That 99 hand vs that meathead was halarious though.
Great call on flop by Helmuth.

Quagmyer 11-30-2007 09:06 AM

but how much did he lose in insurance?

auc hincloss 11-30-2007 09:07 AM

the AJ vs KK hand between him and PA was absolutely ridiculous. fortunately for him he ran it three times, but not being results oreintated, in the same situation, i would run it once and once only. imo...

glimmertwin 11-30-2007 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jaimie :Come on, man. I'll suck your dick, man.
Sammy: The [censored] you just said?

[/ QUOTE ]

I could have sworn I heard Doyle asking Sammy Farha, 'Are you sleeping with the guy?' in reference to his letting Gold off the hook on the final street.

acadiamonds 11-30-2007 12:11 PM

Gold overall lost money this season on high stakes, but he still has enough to go around. I've never played with him in the big cash games but he's actually very good for someone so inexperienced in comparison to the professionals.