Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   When To Give Up? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553938)

heck dead 11-25-2007 04:27 AM

Re: When To Give Up?

[ QUOTE ]
Just like me. I released long ago though I was never going to be a professional. I usually deposit 20 bucks a week and get up to 200-300 then lose it doing something stupid ($10 nl tables, which oddly have seen me get up to 1500 at times). I know its stupid but it gives me one hell of a rush and costs less then I spend on smokes a week so I can't complain.

[/ QUOTE ]i dont do that [censored]. i dont realy get a rush from poker anymore, it's mostly real boring now. i haven't deposited in about 5 months.

a nonymous 11-25-2007 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd prolly give up on life tbh

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

heck dead 11-25-2007 04:32 AM

99% of the people that play dont work 1/10th as hard as i do or have the drive i do.there are plenty of live games i can beat. but i dont have a proper roll.

Savage Guy 11-25-2007 04:34 AM

The fact that you have won a lot cashed some out then lost the rest over a longer period of time doesn't mean your any different. If you don't get any sort of a rush when you win a nice pot and are bored you should give it a break for a few months. Play for fun and if you actually win constantly then consider pro, its not the other way around.

a nonymous 11-25-2007 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
99% of the people that play dont work 1/10th as hard as i do or have the drive i do.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hate to break it to you, but it takes more than that to succeed as a professional poker player.

[ QUOTE ]
there are plenty of live games i can beat. but i dont have a proper roll.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you work so hard/have so much "drive", why not get a job? Then you'll have a roll and you can go play live.

a nonymous 11-25-2007 04:48 AM

lol @ "99% of the people that play dont work 1/10th as hard as i do" - You work that hard, you haven't succeeded, and you don't think you should give up?

bkkdude 11-25-2007 04:48 AM

i work harder than alex rodriguez and have a greater drive than he does...........lol.

but for some reason he better than i..........lol.

hard work and drive i think is overrated.

a nonymous 11-25-2007 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i work harder than alex rodriguez and have a greater drive than he does...........lol.

but for some reason he better than i..........lol.

hard work and drive i think is overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol yea.

heck dead 11-25-2007 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
99% of the people that play dont work 1/10th as hard as i do or have the drive i do.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hate to break it to you, but it takes more than that to succeed as a professional poker player.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you work so hard/have so much "drive", why not get a job? Then you'll have a roll and you can go play live.

[/ QUOTE ]i have a job

a nonymous 11-25-2007 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]i have a job

[/ QUOTE ]
Get another one/work more. Then you'll have a roll. ?