Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Which US Friendly Poker Room Do You Least Trust? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=452191)

Pokeraddict 07-16-2007 03:49 AM

Which US Friendly Poker Room Do You Least Trust?

I took the top 7 US friendly sites from Poker Site Scout. I left off Prima because of the number of skins and the fact they ban 11 states.

Josem 07-16-2007 04:10 AM

Re: Which US Friendly Poker Room Do You Least Trust?

I think asking "Which US Friendly Poker Room Do You Least Trust?" is a bad question.

I think you would get more meaningful answers if you asked people to rate each site out of 5, and then averaged those scores.

adanthar 07-16-2007 04:12 AM

various Prima skins seem to suck a lot more than anyone on that list, but who knows, I'm in the wrong state anyway.

otherwise, I have decent money + on all of them and probably won't change that (except for poker.com but that's because it's a ghost town.)

Pokeraddict 07-16-2007 04:15 AM

Yeah I didn't know how to include Prima. There are certainly several shady skins. To rate the rooms 1-5 would have been painful with 5 different polls.

chisness 07-16-2007 04:16 AM

which skins are the shady ones? is battlefield one of them?

Coy_Roy 07-16-2007 04:21 AM

You left out TruePoker which I won't trust with my added info they are asking me for.

After 2 years of supporting their numerous skins, making numerous deposits and less numerous withdraws, they suddenly demand more info(without explanation) before I can play there anymore. Screw them.

Josem 07-16-2007 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To rate the rooms 1-5 would have been painful with 5 different polls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but it would actually give you a meaningful answer. The way you have done this will give you an easy answer, but one that has no meaning.

I feel that if one site gets the highest score, it is probably because it is the most high profile/has the most accounts/had the most bad experiences with it.

eg, hypothetical scenario:

Site A has 1million users. 1% of them have had problems. 10,000 people post about it, and there are 10,000 threads about this. Thus, very low trust, and would likely get a high score on your method.

Site B has 10 users. 100% of them have had problems. 10 people post about, and there are 10 threads about this. Thus, unlikely to be the most untrustworthy site in the eys of most people - 'cause people don't know about the problems.

Which site is least deserving of trust? I think in this hypothetical scenario, Site B is obviously far less deserving of trust.

If your purpose was to start a thread and a poll with very little effort, you have succeeded. If your purpose was to obtain even half meaningful information on the question of poker site trust, you have failed.

(edit: word correction)

Pokeraddict 07-16-2007 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
which skins are the shady ones? is battlefield one of them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Battlefield is not one of them. I'm thinking of ones that decided not to honor bonus terms after they were fulfilled.

Pokeraddict 07-16-2007 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If your purpose was to start a thread and a poll with very little effort, you have succeeded. If your purpose was to obtain even half meaningful information on the question of poker site trust, you have failed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry you didn't like my poll. If I did it your way it would have been a total pain. I doubt 5 polls would have had a good response. This should do.

Black winter day 07-16-2007 05:24 AM

FTP and it's not even close.
This site is starting to remind me of Party.