Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Getting skunked in Beirut/beer pong (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549501)

Das Budrick 11-19-2007 03:08 AM

Getting skunked in Beirut/beer pong

Do any of you play with skunking rules, where if you get skunked (you+your parter make zero cups, opponents make all ten) you must do something humiliating?

Personal backstory:

I'm a 3rd year student at UCSB. This quarter I moved in with 3 guys whom I met on the facebook marketplace. The second week of the quarter, we played a game of beer pong and I got skunked (stupid bitch on my team couldn't sink a cup and refused to blow spinning balls because the rule 'bitches blow' is "demeaning to girls"). My roommate and his girlfriend whom I am playing against get incredibly excited, because I got skunked and therefore I had to run around the block naked.

I had never heard of this rule and never agreed to it before we started playing, so I refused to do it. I got a lot of shtt for not doing it for a long time, because for some reason it was an important rule to them. They even made a note on a whiteboard in the living room that said I had been skunked and needed to run around the block naked, but that I had yet to do so. Tbh it made things kind of weird in my house for a week or two, because I refused to do something that they took to be a set in stone tradition. But that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, I sort of gave in and said I would run one day and eventually they got over it, the sign came down and we all moved on. Last night I got near black out drunk from shots and Beirut, and at about 2:30am someone mentioned the time when I got skunked so I just dropped my pants/shirt/etc (left my socks on duh) and hoofed it around the block to make up for when I was skunked before. One of my roommates took a video on his cell phone of my re-entry, it's pretty funny, people are laughing and you can see my ass running back to my room (I covered the goods when I came back inside because I do not have the ghey)

So, does this sound weird to you, have you seen/done this, is it standard, any of you have any stories? It was a totally foreign idea when I moved in, despite having played a lot a lot of beer pong my first 2 years here.

I've also heard of the Troll Under the Bridge rule: if you get skunked, you have to sit underneath the table until the next game is over.

doubLe a tom 11-19-2007 03:12 AM

Re: Getting skunked in Beirut/beer pong

in before Don G. Feels.

MuresanForMVP 11-19-2007 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got skunked (stupid bitch on my team couldn't sink a cup and refused to blow spinning balls because the rule 'bitches blow' is "demeaning to girls").

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait,you got skunked right? And you blame the "stupid bitch on your team" for not making any cups? LOL op, LOL.

Das Budrick 11-19-2007 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got skunked (stupid bitch on my team couldn't sink a cup and refused to blow spinning balls because the rule 'bitches blow' is "demeaning to girls").

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait,you got skunked right? And you blame the "stupid bitch on your team" for not making any cups? LOL op, LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know right [censored] that bitch

edit: so yeah ldo i totally blew that game but it was really annoying that she refused to blow spinning balls

lippy 11-19-2007 03:17 AM

I've heard of the rule. If I ever got skunked I would for sure man up.

But, seriously, "(stupid bitch on my team couldn't sink a cup and refused to blow spinning balls because the rule 'bitches blow' is "demeaning to girls")"...

To quote South Park, "if you don't like it, you can giiiit out.

OMGuraBOT 11-19-2007 03:19 AM

Did the stupid bitch on your team get nekkid?

Das Budrick 11-19-2007 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no she didn't, and no one even mentioned that she should. it was all on me. i don't really hold that against her though

AE6 11-19-2007 03:20 AM

i cant even imagine how devastatingly bad you need to be to get skunked

kkcountry 11-19-2007 03:20 AM

yeah getting naked is incredibly standard

MuresanForMVP 11-19-2007 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i cant even imagine how devastatingly bad you need to be to get skunked

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a poker forum. Variance. if you're playing 6 cup and the opponents are hot it's not THAT uncommon. 10 cup is less so but still, [censored] happens man, it doesn't mean you're "devastatingly bad" imo. Sincerely,

someone who's never been skunked

ghostface 11-19-2007 03:23 AM

sounds like a gay party

literally

MuresanForMVP 11-19-2007 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sounds like a gay party

literally

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, I seriously wonder about people when it's 2 vs. 2 (with 4 guys) and the winners start screaming,demanding a naked lap. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

eviljeff 11-19-2007 03:26 AM

when I skunk my squash partner he buys me a coke zero

ghostface 11-19-2007 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sounds like a gay party

literally

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, I seriously wonder about people when it's 2 vs. 2 (with 4 guys) and the winners start screaming,demanding a naked lap. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i play 4 guy games but its either at a party with a bunch of girls, or me and my friends pregaming

ghostface 11-19-2007 03:28 AM

or in my room with 3 other naked guys

tarheeljks 11-19-2007 03:29 AM

skunk equals naked run whenever i've played. it should never happen in a 10 cup game, but maybe on 6 cup.

Das Budrick 11-19-2007 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well yeah this is usually how we do things, but in this instance there were ~15 people over and 2/3 ish were girls

getting skunked in a 10 cup game is pathetic, yes. they did run white hot though, the game was over in 6 turns. 6 misses in a row (for our team) isn't devastatingly bad imo, just bad

cstone 11-19-2007 03:35 AM

Stevie Wonder would skunk OP.

btw it's beirut, not beer pong. get used to it.

EHoffman 11-19-2007 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well yeah this is usually how we do things, but in this instance there were ~15 people over and 2/3 ish were girls

getting skunked in a 10 cup game is pathetic, yes. they did run white hot though, the game was over in 6 turns. 6 misses in a row (for our team) isn't devastatingly bad imo, just bad

[/ QUOTE ]
With all 10 cups, 12 missed shots in a row is pretty much the definition of devastatingly bad.

dukemagic 11-19-2007 03:49 AM

yeah i play with the same rule, although my friends never want to do it. good for you for finally streaking.

although wtf at this: "I covered the goods when I came back inside because I do not have the ghey"

i just laugh at people who cover up when streaking. i dunno, i'm pretty comfortable being naked around people (not that i do it a lot, just for cases like streakign and such), but yeah, don't be embarrassed. just man up and run normally.

The Man Mulcahey 11-19-2007 03:53 AM

ms paint pls.

ghostface 11-19-2007 04:21 AM

i could throw it sideways and still make a cup playing 10 cup

keikiwai 11-19-2007 04:38 AM

LOZL

CalledDownLight 11-19-2007 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
skunk equals naked run whenever i've played. it should never happen in a 10 cup game, but maybe on 6 cup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should it never happen in a 10 cup game? Do you not have the rule that if both teammates make it then they get to shoot again?

I've played a 10 cup game where I never got to shoot. The other team makes 1 each the first time and gets a rollback. Repeat this 4x and all the cups are gone. They then shoot again and make the last cup for a second time so my team has no rebuttal.

This is a skunk and had literally nothing to do with my play. This is the only time I have been skunked, but to say it never should happen is ridiculous.

ghostface 11-19-2007 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should it never happen in a 10 cup game? Do you not have the rule that if both teammates make it then they get to shoot again?

I've played a 10 cup game where I never got to shoot. The other team makes 1 each the first time and gets a rollback. Repeat this 4x and all the cups are gone. They then shoot again and make the last cup for a second time so my team has no rebuttal.

This is a skunk and had literally nothing to do with my play. This is the only time I have been skunked, but to say it never should happen is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

you run bad

smokingrobot 11-19-2007 05:16 AM

i never heard the rule but i havent bplayed beer [ong in about5 years give or take

xSCWx 11-19-2007 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no she didn't, and no one even mentioned that she should. it was all on me. i don't really hold that against her though

[/ QUOTE ]

kiddcheckers 11-19-2007 05:25 AM

standard rule used at a lot of games I've played at.

Never been skunked

ghostface 11-19-2007 05:29 AM

i just typed out a 20 minute story and didnt post it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

pwnsall 11-19-2007 05:31 AM

I've never seen anyone close to skunked and I BRAG: made last seven in a row before. We play 12 cups and last shot need to make in water cup so two of them were singles. BEAT: it feels like it was probably one of the most amazing things I've done and no one ever seems impressed.

ghostface 11-19-2007 05:35 AM

12 cups

is that like rocketship pong? 12? how?

pwnsall 11-19-2007 05:56 AM

2 triangles of six restack at 6. Longer games and more drinking so I guess I like it better. Played pretty much every way tho

ghostface 11-19-2007 06:01 AM

12 cups

a bunch of bored guys looking for an excuse to drink?

girls would not stick around for a game that long

Das Budrick 11-19-2007 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i play with the same rule, although my friends never want to do it. good for you for finally streaking.

although wtf at this: "I covered the goods when I came back inside because I do not have the ghey"

i just laugh at people who cover up when streaking. i dunno, i'm pretty comfortable being naked around people (not that i do it a lot, just for cases like streakign and such), but yeah, don't be embarrassed. just man up and run normally.

[/ QUOTE ]

for the actual streak around the block, no I didn't cover up anything, people were out, saw, laughed, oohed and aahed etc and my junk flopped around for all to see. I actually thought about this and I decided if you're gonna streak, do it right.

upon returning inside, yeah I covered my package, my roommates don't care to see that and I don't care to show them. theres a difference between running around and being up close to someone

benza13 11-19-2007 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
12 cups

[/ QUOTE ]

We used to play 45 cups on a side, 4 man teams, went higher a few times but 45 is best because of the amount of room on the table. Yes, it was for bored guys looking for an excuse to drink

ghostface 11-19-2007 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
12 cups

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] dongfeels

pwnsall 11-19-2007 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
12 cups

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you are just really bad at beer pong?

ghostface 11-19-2007 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
12 cups

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you are just really bad at beer pong?

[/ QUOTE ]

12 cups

have you ever played beer pong?

i could bounce the ball off your foot and make you drink faster than you could make this post.

zing.

prodonkey 11-19-2007 07:39 AM

getting black out drunk + naked = +ev

terance 11-19-2007 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do any of you play with skunking rules, where if you get skunked (you+your parter make zero cups, opponents make all ten) you must do something humiliating?

Personal backstory:

I'm a 3rd year student at UCSB. This quarter I moved in with 3 guys whom I met on the facebook marketplace. The second week of the quarter, we played a game of beer pong and I got skunked (stupid bitch on my team couldn't sink a cup and refused to blow spinning balls because the rule 'bitches blow' is "demeaning to girls"). My roommate and his girlfriend whom I am playing against get incredibly excited, because I got skunked and therefore I had to run around the block naked.

I had never heard of this rule and never agreed to it before we started playing, so I refused to do it. I got a lot of shtt for not doing it for a long time, because for some reason it was an important rule to them. They even made a note on a whiteboard in the living room that said I had been skunked and needed to run around the block naked, but that I had yet to do so. Tbh it made things kind of weird in my house for a week or two, because I refused to do something that they took to be a set in stone tradition. But that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, I sort of gave in and said I would run one day and eventually they got over it, the sign came down and we all moved on. Last night I got near black out drunk from shots and Beirut, and at about 2:30am someone mentioned the time when I got skunked so I just dropped my pants/shirt/etc (left my socks on duh) and hoofed it around the block to make up for when I was skunked before. One of my roommates took a video on his cell phone of my re-entry, it's pretty funny, people are laughing and you can see my ass running back to my room (I covered the goods when I came back inside because I do not have the Peter North penis)

So, does this sound weird to you, have you seen/done this, is it standard, any of you have any stories? It was a totally foreign idea when I moved in, despite having played a lot a lot of beer pong my first 2 years here.

I've also heard of the Troll Under the Bridge rule: if you get skunked, you have to sit underneath the table until the next game is over.

[/ QUOTE ]