Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Guitar Hero III (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523244)

ehafner 10-15-2007 04:17 AM

Guitar Hero III

Man this wait is brutal...2 more weeks!

The setlist looks amazing so far. Cliffs of Dover!! One!!

Setlist

Wondercall 10-15-2007 05:55 AM

Re: Guitar Hero III

I'm not usually nitty but did this need another thread?

fiskebent 10-18-2007 12:57 PM

The final encore
http://www.mp3tube.net/musics/Steve-Ouim...-version/63178/

This sounds awesome and like something I'll never be able to play.

Number27 10-18-2007 02:11 PM

Sounds cool; but not nearly as tough as TTFAF or Jordan. It will probably be somewhere on the level of Six in terms of difficulty. Not terribly hard to pass; but difficult to 5*.

CCx 10-18-2007 07:32 PM

I can't friggin wait for the game - someone ripped the GH3 demo from the new Tony Hawk game, you can burn it as an ISO image using any CD or DVD and play it on your 360... thread here... this should keep me occupied until next Sunday..

http://www.xboxlivetheguide.co.uk/News/p...asc&start=0

PwnedDonk 10-19-2007 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't friggin wait for the game - someone ripped the GH3 demo from the new Tony Hawk game, you can burn it as an ISO image using any CD or DVD and play it on your 360... thread here... this should keep me occupied until next Sunday..

http://www.xboxlivetheguide.co.uk/News/p...asc&start=0

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you are in the UK and have to wait until 23rd November [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

fiskebent 10-19-2007 11:39 AM

If GH3 is region free I might be tempted to import it from the US.

MuresanForMVP 10-23-2007 09:48 AM

Only 5 more days. If you search youtube you can find a good amount of actual gameplay footage of GH 3 songs.

Here's Cliffs of Dover for anyone who's interested

Zimmer4141 10-23-2007 01:04 PM

Am I the only one that thinks it's kinda weird that this game is being released on a Sunday?

Ghazban 10-23-2007 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that thinks it's kinda weird that this game is being released on a Sunday?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that's weird. Allegedly some stores have it in stock and are selling it already (not gamestop/best buy, think more like Target or Sears). I happened to swing by my local Target this morning but didn't see it.

Edge34 10-23-2007 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that's weird. Allegedly some stores have it in stock and are selling it already (not gamestop/best buy, think more like Target or Sears). I happened to swing by my local Target this morning but didn't see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Local gamespot had boxes full of GH3 just sitting on the sales floor yesterday. They're not going to even think about selling them until Sunday according to the manager.

MuresanForMVP 10-23-2007 07:05 PM

a Best Buy in MD is selling them tonight at midnight, but it's far away and I have work until midnight

kkcountry 10-23-2007 07:21 PM

all,

what's the GH III combo look like for 360?

MuresanForMVP 10-23-2007 08:06 PM

Full video of Through the Fire and The Flames: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThGwxvoMJRY

christ that looks hard

Ghazban 10-23-2007 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Local gamespot had boxes full of GH3 just sitting on the sales floor yesterday. They're not going to even think about selling them until Sunday according to the manager.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most stores already have them in stock. Stores like Best Buy and Gamestop know what release dates are and will stick to them. Random non-specialty stores will occasionally put games out earlier just because they have them in stock and don't read/care about the release date.

4 High 10-23-2007 09:23 PM

Do they have a wireless guitar yet?

DonkeyKongSr 10-23-2007 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think non-360 versions do. The 360 one is supposed to come later for some reason.

gharp 10-23-2007 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think non-360 versions do. The 360 one is supposed to come later for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hadn't heard that, and this article says they're all wireless. I'd be bummed if it wasn't wireless for my 360, but I'd probably get over it.

DonkeyKongSr 10-23-2007 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I hadn't heard that, and this article says they're all wireless. I'd be bummed if it wasn't wireless for my 360, but I'd probably get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nevermind, I just checked Bestbuy.com and it is selling as wireless. Must have been some dumb rumor I picked up along the way.

jkamowitz 10-24-2007 12:01 AM

. . .NO one else has downloaded the demo?!?!? WTF is going on here?

I was skeptical and began playing at hard thinking that these songs would be cakewalk. They weren't. 85-95% each and the demo only lets you play 4 songs before it does its promo thing and i need to stop because of GH tunnel vision.

But seriously, no one?

Edge34 10-24-2007 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I was skeptical and began playing at hard thinking that these songs would be cakewalk. They weren't. 85-95% each and the demo only lets you play 4 songs before it does its promo thing and i need to stop because of GH tunnel vision.

But seriously, no one?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had GH 1 and 2 for my PS2, so I don't have a 360 guitar yet. I will be getting GH3, obviously, for 360, and won't need the demo in 4 days. Did it just come out on Live today?

TheCroShow 10-24-2007 03:24 AM

i LOVE the difficulty of hard now. feels like i'm melting some faces!!!

Dromar 10-24-2007 05:28 AM

I wasn't all that excited about the release of this game until I watched those videos.

Finally some songs that I might not be able to beat!

T0ne D0wn 10-24-2007 10:43 AM

They need an extra hard option, because it is to easy.

jkamowitz 10-24-2007 11:19 AM

What do people think of the new controls? The key clicks feel different, I missed a lot of notes where I could've sworn I hit them on time.

MrBlue 10-24-2007 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

But seriously, no one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the heads up.

I wasn't sure if I was going to get this along with Rock band but what the hell, might as well. The graphics are much sharper and it seems like the game is more forgiving as to my timing. I gave up on GH2 after my 360 died so never finished expert but GH3 is just as fun as GH2.

J-P 10-24-2007 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

qft, 6 fret buttons ftw!!!

Tinga 10-24-2007 12:35 PM

i've been looking forward to play this game for a while, so last night i finally got a chance to try the demo, and for what i got a chance to play, i was pretty impressed with it. i was able to get through 4 of the 5 songs on expert, and if i didn't have to get up for work today, i would have beaten tenacious d's "the metal."

graphically, everything is much more crisp. without having seen the rest of the game, what i played looked great. based on pictures, magazine articles, internet, videos, i was afraid that the notes on the fret board were going to be small/harder to see (and then press), but those fears were washed away, and playability was just as good as gh2.

the HOPO system is awesome. they have improved this a lot. i was able to RIP through some of the [censored] on these songs that i may have had a tough time with earlier (granted, these songs aren't super difficult on expert, just a few tricky spots). after i get my copy at midnight release, i will be able to see how it is with more difficult songs.

i have been trying to get this earlier than the expected shelf date, but it appears that everything i tried will not work. i'm really looking forward to getting this in my hands.

ALSO:
who wants to jam with multiplayer once we get this thing? maybe we can organize a 2p2 tourney sometime in the future.

Zimmer4141 10-24-2007 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called Expert.

MuresanForMVP 10-24-2007 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i've been looking forward to play this game for a while, so last night i finally got a chance to try the demo, and for what i got a chance to play, i was pretty impressed with it. i was able to get through 4 of the 5 songs on expert, and if i didn't have to get up for work today, i would have beaten tenacious d's "the metal."

graphically, everything is much more crisp. without having seen the rest of the game, what i played looked great. based on pictures, magazine articles, internet, videos, i was afraid that the notes on the fret board were going to be small/harder to see (and then press), but those fears were washed away, and playability was just as good as gh2.

the HOPO system is awesome. they have improved this a lot. i was able to RIP through some of the [censored] on these songs that i may have had a tough time with earlier (granted, these songs aren't super difficult on expert, just a few tricky spots). after i get my copy at midnight release, i will be able to see how it is with more difficult songs.

i have been trying to get this earlier than the expected shelf date, but it appears that everything i tried will not work. i'm really looking forward to getting this in my hands.

ALSO:
who wants to jam with multiplayer once we get this thing? maybe we can organize a 2p2 tourney sometime in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getthere1Time would take it to the house

Tinga 10-24-2007 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Getthere1Time would take it to the house

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, yea .. that thought did cross my mind.

mmbt0ne 10-24-2007 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nevermind, I just checked Bestbuy.com and it is selling as wireless. Must have been some dumb rumor I picked up along the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're thinking Rock Band, which is only coming with wireless guitar for PS3.

chuckleslovakian 10-24-2007 03:46 PM

I will not rest until I beat GT1T at least once online...

daryn 10-24-2007 05:56 PM

i played the demo.. it's good.

DukeSucks 10-24-2007 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most stores already have them in stock. Stores like Best Buy and Gamestop know what release dates are and will stick to them. Random non-specialty stores will occasionally put games out earlier just because they have them in stock and don't read/care about the release date.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Sears had the copies on the shelves tonight. I asked for the bundle and he checked the back but didn't have any. So if anyone doesn't want the guitar too, check Sears. They had both the Xbox and PS2 versions.

gusmahler 10-24-2007 10:34 PM

Yeah, the demo is cool. The graphics are much improved over the PS2 GH2. Unfortunately, my Xbox guitar broke and I was forced to play with the regular controller. That's tough, even on Medium. But none of the songs in the demo were even close to being difficult on the medium difficulty setting. Were these all first and second tier songs?

Dromar 10-24-2007 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My Sears had the copies on the shelves tonight. I asked for the bundle and he checked the back but didn't have any. So if anyone doesn't want the guitar too, check Sears. They had both the Xbox and PS2 versions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have never thought of Sears to look for video games. Thanx for the info though. I plan on getting this tonight yet.

Shaffer 10-24-2007 11:52 PM

Played the dmeo for a few hours tonight. Very well done. Notes are clear and the strum/hopo distinction is much easier than with GH2. Models look much better. The voice-matching of the singer models is quite impressive.

Note windows seems significantly relaxed vs. GH2. Probably an extra 50ms or so.

The little flame animation for hitting a note is a bit more intrusive and longer. Makes hitting those quick runs seem more impressive but sometimes gets in the way of fast trills.

Note charts are well-done, particularly in this case for "The Metal" - hella fun song. Fun combo of chords and hopo's. I managed to FC it after about 10 runs and some dinking with the tricky middle section in practice mode. It'll be one of those tier 6 songs that's easier than some of the tier2/tier3 songs to FC.

Can't wait for the full game to come out. Just a few more days...

TimTimSalabim 10-25-2007 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So I take it that means the old guitars are compatible with GH3?

Dromar 10-25-2007 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So I take it that means the old guitars are compatible with GH3?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that if the game is sold by itself (which it is), then the old guitars must be compatible. From what I"ve heard, the new guitars just have quieter strummers.