Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   blind battle, auto stack off? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556243)

irockhoess 11-28-2007 07:19 AM

blind battle, auto stack off?

villain has been at my tables for about 20-30 minutes. he has been very aggro preflop in the blinds, but postflop has been slowing down some. i dont recognize the screenname, but it seems familiar so hes probably a regular. who likes to call off here? what about the turn bet and sizing?

Full Tilt Poker, $5/$10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $1,085.50
UTG: $1,799.75
BTN: $750
SB: $1,391.50

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
2 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $30</font>, Hero calls $20

Flop: ($60) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $40</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $150</font>, SB calls $110

Turn: ($360) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $260</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $1,140</font>, Hero...

its like 650 more to me. i had trouble putting him on any range here, that would call this board oop then c/r an ace. i think the turn is very awkward. if i bet, i think he always raises or folds, but i cant figure out a hand he c/r the turn with that i am beating... maybe Ax of spades. Any help constructing a range and a good turn plan would be appreciated, thanks.

emil3000 11-28-2007 07:38 AM

Re: blind battle, auto stack off?

I think I fold...

irockhoess 11-28-2007 07:56 AM

ill reserve the results for a little while, hopefully we can get some good views here with explanations cause i think this is a tricky spot.

Nick Royale 11-28-2007 07:57 AM

Axss/A8 is the only hand I can come up with, but I guess your small bet when the A falls might make him inclined to push some kind of draw/combo draw and the board is really drawy. There's not many better hands possible either (AT/A9?) since he shouldn't be slowplaying this flop esecially oop. Maybe he thought his 98 or whatever gained fe. I call

irockhoess 11-28-2007 08:06 AM

i would think A8s (and prob Axs) oop would push the flop rather than c/r the turn. I think the only hands i am beating are a random Axs like you said, or maybe like 97/10 7 that are waiting for a "blank" turn to get it in. i would think if you had two pair on this board you would play it fast out of position. i dunno im pretty stumped.

Kala1928 11-28-2007 08:23 AM

3betting / jamming the flop with A8hh has to be awful with these stacks.

Ship Ship McGipp 11-28-2007 08:26 AM

man, this is a weird spot and a bad turn card for you.

i'll be honest, without further reads, i can't imagine calling or folding being wrong. i think either is fine.

Jinx 11-28-2007 08:34 AM

I think villain has aces up a lot here.

Nick Royale 11-28-2007 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would think A8s (and prob Axs) oop would push the flop rather than c/r the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a valid point but more true for combodraws (fd+gs etc). He might call Axss and A8 on the flop to see a turn and decide he must felt it when he hits TP.

And as said not 3-betting the flop with a stronger made hand than T9 would be bad, not 3-betting a worse but good hand like T7 is bad as well. Limiting his range of better hands to mostly aces up only probably makes this a call imo, even though a slim one.

1o BoY 11-28-2007 08:59 AM

I think any made straight plays like this or A8.