Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   AJo closing action three ways on Kxx flop in bloated pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541622)

efficacy 11-08-2007 07:36 PM

AJo closing action three ways on Kxx flop in bloated pot

SB is overaggro 34/27/3.6
BB is 36/13/0.8

PokerStars $5/$10 Limit Hold'em - 5 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#FF0000">Hero caps!</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.00 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero

1) Is capping preflop ok?
2) Can I peel?

Realyn 11-08-2007 07:41 PM

Re: AJo closing action three ways on Kxx flop in bloated pot

i allways cap AJ in this spot(button vs sb 3bet), AT is closer.

to the hand ... you really need to know those 2 guys to say something about the hand. My first thougt was:

Call flop for sure and, IF turn bricks off and bb folds ... calldown?
We really need more reads, with what is bb calling/raising the flop ?

istewart 11-08-2007 09:21 PM

Call with a diamond, fold without is how I would play it.

Catsailor 11-09-2007 02:29 AM

I don't cap preflop. After semi loose passive bb coldcalls, I call to avoid bloating the pot any more. I'm sure you're ahead of lag but bb range is smaller. Am I wrong?
On this draw friendly board, I peel and re assess on turn. On Turn I Fold any diamond except A or J and many other straightish cards that don't improve me.

kimchi 11-09-2007 03:19 AM

HU against the LAG I'd cap, but what is the BB calling range here? I suspect it's not so wide and I'd just call unsuited AJ after the BB calls pre-flop.

On the flop you don't have much of a hand to work with and I doubt the SB is going to check the turn, but after a cap I think the pot is big enough to peel one off closing the action. I'd fold this on the turn unless I pick up something interesting - even if the BB quits.

I know he's a but LAGgy but what do you think he thinks your range is after a pre-flop cap?

Kvacke 11-09-2007 03:41 AM

As played I def peel the flop, pot is big, you close the action, bb didnt raise, aggressive sb may donk more than usual (does he like to c/r with strong hands here or have you seen him donk before?)

Anoter question: When you guys make a statread such 34/27/3.6 in this case, what is the general rule, its supposed to be filtered for 5-6 handed play or something else?