Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Sacramento KINGS (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=59844)

Jules22 03-13-2006 04:46 AM

Sacramento KINGS

Artest scored 15 points for the Kings (32-31), who won despite scoring just 33 points in a miserable second half. They still won with a remarkable defensive game against Nowitzki, with Artest leading a scheme featuring far more contact than the Mavs thought was legal.

6 Memphis 34 29 .540
7 LA Lakers 33 31 .516
8 Sacramento 32 31 .508
NO/Oklahoma City 31 31 .500
Utah 30 32 .484

i think the kings can catch up to MEM and then beat denver in the first round. LETS GO KINGS! i am also going to see the lakers kings game at arco tuesday, hoping for our 9th win out of 10 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

LETS GO KINGS

SammyKid11 03-13-2006 07:13 AM

Re: Sacramento KINGS

Congratulations...

IN Sacramento, you BARELY beat the Mavericks, who were on the second day of a travelling back-to-back, playing their seventh game in 11 days, playing without two of their five starters (Josh Howard, Adrian Griffin - yes, I know Howard started the game, but he was ineffective and didn't last long) AND without two of their top 4 players off the bench (Devin Harris, Keith Van Horn).

I realize Artest makes the Kings a better team, but don't get ahead of yourself, man. This team is still mediocre at best...the second round of the playoffs would be a HUGE over-achievement for the Kings this year.

Hornacek 03-13-2006 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations...

IN Sacramento, you BARELY beat the Mavericks, who were on the second day of a travelling back-to-back, playing their seventh game in 11 days, playing without two of their five starters (Josh Howard, Adrian Griffin - yes, I know Howard started the game, but he was ineffective and didn't last long) AND without two of their top 4 players off the bench (Devin Harris, Keith Van Horn).

I realize Artest makes the Kings a better team, but don't get ahead of yourself, man. This team is still mediocre at best...the second round of the playoffs would be a HUGE over-achievement for the Kings this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

???

As a Piston fan, good luck. Don't let a bitter Mavs fan do that to ya. The Mavs are a great team, and that obviously was a huge win for the Kings. The Kings and Lakers have shown a ton of improvement recently; should be a great stretch run.

p.s. wake me up when the finals start. Maybe a day before they start. I'd want a day to look into who we're playing.

Jack of Arcades 03-13-2006 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations...

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus christ, you're an ass.

capone0 03-13-2006 12:45 PM

Didn't the Kings hold the Mavs who shoot 46% for the year to 36%? That's pretty impressive. If the Kings could have hit some shots themselves (42%) this could have been a blow out.

The Mavs like to have their cake and eat it too. They haven't been playing all that well lately, yes Injuries are definitely big but aren't they supposed to be ultra deep. Mavs will honestly not get past the 2nd round either. You know why as being the 1st or 4th seed, guess what they get the Spurs in the second round. GG Mavs. Mavs can't beat the Spurs, we all know it.

GO KINGS!!!!!!!

Jack of Arcades 03-13-2006 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't the Kings hold the Mavs who shoot 46% for the year to 36%? That's pretty impressive. If the Kings could have hit some shots themselves (42%) this could have been a blow out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of that was a) being on the road and b) just missing wide open 3s. I don't think you can say it was really the kings that did this. The Mavs are a very good 3 point shooting team, but when it's not there it hurts.

capone0 03-13-2006 01:21 PM

When you hold Dirk to 10-25, Terry to 5-15 including 2-9 from 3, Howard to 1-6 (off injury) and Stack to 5-16, your going to win alot of games.

your right it probally wasn't all the Kings but who would have imagined a Kings-Dallas game being 85-80 as the score 2 years ago.

tdarko 03-13-2006 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of that was a) being on the road and b) just missing wide open 3s. I don't think you can say it was really the kings that did this. The Mavs are a very good 3 point shooting team, but when it's not there it hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much it right there.

kind of crazy how quickly things turn around, two weeks ago the mavs had their roster set for the playoffs and cuban said there was no chance of making any moves for the playoffs and after the game last night and realizing how injured and depleted they are that he has to now pick up a swingman and point guard. yikes [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

on a different note, what a different type of game this was...a year ago these teams would have been battling in a 130-128 dunk fest. oh and artest is an animal.

Jules22 03-15-2006 04:54 AM

kings 114 - gaykers 98

kings have won 5 in a row, 9 of their last 10, and 13 in a row. i hope we can catch MEM and play the nuggets in r1, i really think we can beat them

capone0 03-15-2006 10:55 AM

KINGS!!!!! Ron Artest baby. I've been for trading Peja since last season only because I could tell he wasn't giving his all (if you look what he's doing in Indy, he's playing much better). Ron has been a beast. Go KINGS!