Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   2-Pair against Bad Player - Max Value? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556173)

Dr_Doctr 11-28-2007 03:18 AM

2-Pair against Bad Player - Max Value?

Villian is really, really, awful - extremely loose and passive. Calls when he thinks he has a good hand - calls small bets (usually c-bets) when he thinks someone has nothing (he often thinks this) - calls preflop whether he has a good hand or not. How's my line here? My justification for preflop btw is to isolate - the rest of the table are pretty weak-tight and I wouldn't do it unless I could get away with it. Isolating against this guy with almost ATC in position is definitely +EV before the resident nits start complaining about it.

Who likes checking the flop instead? I'll get value against A-high or even less to a flop bet a lot of the time and if I'm behind his range for calling the flop I can handle that in exchange for bloating the pot in case I improve and can make larger bets. When he calls the turn he definitely has something - this guy could have top set for all I know. Checking the river behind would be bad right? Given that, who likes a shove instead of my value-bet. Often guys this bad don't like to call all-in because they plan to leave when they lose all their money - that was why I went for the VB - am I thinking the right things in this hand?

Hero is Lag fwiw

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $58.20
CO: $73.99
Hero: $348.13
SB: $28.30
BB: $78.68

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG, folds, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, SB folds, BB calls, CO folds.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($11.5, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $7</font>, BB calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($25.5, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $18</font>, BB calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($61.5, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $24</font>

nazahl 11-28-2007 03:22 AM

Re: 2-Pair against Bad Player - Max Value?

dude, you got 2 pairs against a retard.

[ QUOTE ]
BB: $78.68

[/ QUOTE ]

you should be tryin to find a way to get all that in the middle w/out him gettin scared.

more on turn so you set up an easier river shove.

rebuyboy 11-28-2007 03:25 AM

40 on river

Dr_Doctr 11-28-2007 03:43 AM

Ok, thanks for comments on this one.

ChoicestHops 11-28-2007 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
40 on river

[/ QUOTE ]

He's right. No reason to slow down here.. your hand is completely disguised and you need to value bet 2/3 the pot.

ChoicestHops 11-28-2007 03:52 AM

and with his stack size call a raise.. better yet, just put him all-in