Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Bonuses (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   $500 bankroll: Where to next? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524034)

Sampson26 10-16-2007 05:37 AM

$500 bankroll: Where to next?

I started my bankroll at UB and cleared my approximately $70 bonus and just cashed out with $500 after some grinding and running hot.

I am at an impasse now, since i want to move up limits to .25/.50 (NL) but the only action at UB are jackpot tables with an extra 50 cents taken out of each hand. So i obviously need a new site(s).

Basically as an American what are my best options for quality and quantity of games and bonuses, and is it best to spread the 500 on a few different rooms.

The full tilt 100% bonus looks attractive, but is it realistic to earn 500 through it playing a mix of .10/.25 and .25/.50? Thanks in advance for any advice you guys might have.

hallo! 10-16-2007 05:52 AM

Re: $500 bankroll: Where to next?

yes Full Tilt is ok. I have cleared 100 of the 600 $ in 12k hands NL25, so you should do better. If you get also rakeback, then its even better

and if you are looking, you always find some fish

99killed 10-18-2007 11:32 AM

why anyone plays any where else but stars is beyond me. i know RB blah blah blah. stars VIP is the same.

stars checks take 5 bus. days. FTP 30.
stars customer service responds in 5 minutes, FTP ??.

stars ftw.

kooze 10-18-2007 11:41 AM

deposit on stars. although you cannot get rakeback, you can get other sign-up bonuses. The Stars 100% bonus up to $50 kicks in a t500 FPP's. My affiliate offered a $50 bonus at 100 FPP's. The bonuses are stacked- after you earn the 1st you can earn the 2nd. i.e.- the stars bonus still kicks in at 500 fpp's. earn both and then move $600 to FT and earn their bonus. Yuo can earn the entire FT bonus at .10/.25- see bonuswhores.com for more info.

gl at the tables

Casper0 10-18-2007 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why anyone plays any where else but stars is beyond me. i know RB blah blah blah. stars VIP is the same.

stars ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play micros so take this for what you will.

butttt...

Not to knock on FTP because I quite like their software but I played about 15K hands there recently and made a significant amount of RB for micros. (probably ~$500)

I also played about 15K hands at Pokerstars recently and made 2000 FPP points which can buy me a Greg Raymer poster.

You do the math.

Greg Miller 10-20-2007 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

stars ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

butttt...

Not to knock on FTP because I quite like their software but I played about 15K hands there recently and made a significant amount of RB for micros. (probably ~$500)

I also played about 15K hands at Pokerstars recently and made 2000 FPP points which can buy me a Greg Raymer poster.

You do the math.

[/ QUOTE ]

Realistically, it's hard to compare Stars vs. FTP with the information given by the OP, because FTP gives flat rakeback that works out to a little less than 27% of your rake, while Stars varies from less than 10% to more than 35%, depending on volume and stakes, and we don't have any info on monthly volume here.

In any case, a $50 NL player would do considerably better in your example. How well depends on whether it's 15k hands per month, 15k per year, or 15k in his lifetime.

WiSeIVIaN 10-20-2007 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

stars ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

butttt...

You do the math.

[/ QUOTE ]

Realistically, it's hard to compare Stars vs. FTP with the information given by the OP, because FTP gives flat rakeback that works out to a little less than 27% of your rake, while Stars varies from less than 10% to more than 35%, depending on volume and stakes, and we don't have any info on monthly volume here.

In any case, a $50 NL player would do considerably better in your example. How well depends on whether it's 15k hands per month, 15k per year, or 15k in his lifetime.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if its 15k hands a month at 50NL your not gonna come close to supernova, and even you got supernova it would be at least a bit under 20%. And even it it was 30% and he was a supernova elite (both of these are completely unrealistic, the FTP Bonus+rakeback is 60% rakeback total, which means realisticly via bonus+rakeback he is getting about 5x more back at FTP then he would at stars(while clearing the $600 bonus which releases in $20 increments). Even in the best case (completely impossible) scenario OP would still get twice the total rake back via fulltilt over stars.

Take that for what you will i guess...

bigblackbuddha 10-20-2007 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You made $500 in rb playing only 15k hands at micros...?

[ QUOTE ]
Yuo can earn the entire FT bonus at .10/.25- see bonuswhores.com for more info.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just how accurate are those clearing times posted at bonuswhores? Anyone have an idea if they are actually a good way to gauge how long it will take?

WiSeIVIaN 10-20-2007 05:22 PM

They are more accurate then randomly guessing i suppose...

freecard4all 10-20-2007 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just how accurate are those clearing times posted at bonuswhores? Anyone have an idea if they are actually a good way to gauge how long it will take?

[/ QUOTE ]
divide by 2 or 3 (sometimes more) and you are good to go
Depends on site (more for F games) and your style (more for TAGs) and method (more for contributed)