Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   TPTK in uncomfortable depth (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=412911)

THEOSU 05-27-2007 01:39 AM

TPTK in uncomfortable depth

six max tourney. money bubble is approaching, but decently in the distance.

neither player has gotten out of line, but the big stack has been aggressive, but he's had a hand every time i've seen. I have been reasonably aggressive, less so than I normally am, checking more often when i have something than usual, though I'm not sure how aware these two can be of that.

me: 15k
bb: 48k
utg+1: 10k

blinds 120/240 with a quarter ante, table is five handed

hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I open under the gun to 650, utg+1 calls, BB calls.

flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

checks around

turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, I bet 1220 into the 2195 pot, utg+1 calls, BB folds.

river: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, planning to call most bets.

After the hand, I absolutely hated my line, but I could not find a better one.

luckychewy 05-27-2007 01:42 AM

Re: TPTK in uncomfortable depth

what's the buyin? flop check is okay in moderation, possibly even okay as a standard, obviously better with a specific read on post flop aggression though. i'd bet more on the turn and bet the river for sure. your line isn't horrible, though.

Foucault 05-27-2007 09:13 AM

You have to bet more on the turn. Although you're denying him the odds for either a flush draw or a straight draw and he probably doesn't have a combo (at least he shouldn't, with his passive line), you don't know which one he has. Even not particularly good players can bluff scare cards when you check to them on the river, which means you've got to charge him for his bluff outs as well on the turn. And you might as well bet the river, because he calls with one pair hands a lot more often than he bluffs busted draws.

gobboboy 05-27-2007 10:04 AM

Flop check is very good I think. This river is a definite valuebet though.

0evg0 05-27-2007 10:06 AM

dunno why you hate this line so much, prob just being results oriented

bet 1500 on turn, and river is close but since you didnt give much read on i'm more inclined to bet again.

you're def not making a huge mistake by c/c'ing though. and responding to gobbo's post, i guess this is a pretty unlikely spot for a bluff from villain and c/c really only gets money from him mistakenly vbetting KQ. so okay, def bet

ZJ123 05-27-2007 12:34 PM

yeah every street is fine, except betting this river seems like a must.

roo400 05-27-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dunno why you hate this line so much, prob just being results oriented

bet 1500 on turn, and river is close but since you didnt give much read on i'm more inclined to bet again.

you're def not making a huge mistake by c/c'ing though. and responding to gobbo's post, i guess this is a pretty unlikely spot for a bluff from villain and c/c really only gets money from him mistakenly vbetting KQ. so okay, def bet

[/ QUOTE ]

great analysis