Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The Impossible Quiz Deluxe (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=343431)

I.Rowboat 02-28-2007 02:20 PM

The Impossible Quiz Deluxe

Got some time? Like being frustrated? Here's a Flash-based quiz that's pretty fun and oddly compelling:

The Impossible Quiz Deluxe

Most answers are clever, some are devious, and a few are very obscure and/or cruel.

Enjoy!

PS: Be patient; as it's an 8MB Flash file and will take a few minutes to load.

eurythmech 02-28-2007 11:50 PM

Re: The Impossible Quiz Deluxe

Damn you, level 40

I.Rowboat 03-01-2007 12:38 AM

Glad at least someone gave it a try. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I originally learned of this quiz via this MetaFilter thread. The answers to the first 102 questions can be found in this comment in the above-linked thread. WARNING/SPOILER ALERT: The answers are in a single-spaced list and it would be hard to read just one without reading them all.

PS: Hint for #40 in white: <font color="white"> you will need to right click and use the context menu to solve this one. </font>

kyro 03-01-2007 01:24 AM

I gave it a try tonight. Very strange.

Patton4 03-01-2007 01:36 AM

I just got up to 63... it is pretty funny and demented at times. Some questions are simply frustrating and the fact that you have to go back to #1 when you die sucks big ones. Pretty good find though.

Insane_Steve 03-01-2007 02:44 AM

I gave up in the mid 80's somewhere when I think 2 or 3 questions in a row were of the "nonsensical, make a random guess and hope you're right" type and the one immediately after used a really cruel (yet rather clever) trick to pass. Looking at how the stages in the 90s and beyond were, I'm kind of glad I gave up because I'd have never figured out a lot of those stages on my own without several tries and several really annoying runs through the first 90 stages.

40 was one of my favorites. I liked 101 also because you -know- what you have to do but I seriously think maybe 2% of the people who play the game will actually know how to do it. A lot of good questions, but the experience is dampened way too much by the questions that are really random in nature and you having to plod through 80 stages over and over again to have another chance to blindly guess at those questions again.

mute 03-01-2007 03:21 AM

Got to the toenailclipping one (somewhere in the 80's). Can't do it fast enough with a touchpad, and you can't skip it.

durron597 03-01-2007 09:48 AM

I'm stuck on the second vanish one, bleh

grando 03-01-2007 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of good questions, but the experience is dampened way too much by the questions that are really random in nature

[/ QUOTE ]

yep - there are many that are very clever