Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Why is everyone giving up? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=311526)

Cubicle 01-21-2007 05:25 PM

Why is everyone giving up?

I see all these posts of "hanging it up" because of the ewallet debacle. While things are certainly at a low point, I would argue that it is far from the end of things. Remember, all it would really take is 1 ewallet to be offshore and have a wide array of retailers to which they are a part(epassporte?). Can the US really make them do anything? No. Neteller, is NOT a good example of the US reigning supreme. See the numerous posts for what the founders were ACTUALLY arrested for.

Sure, some fish might call it quits, but I think that you fail to realize that a lot of the fish that were going to call it quits because of this legislation would have when the original legislation went through and they were kicked off Party (c'mon we all know that is where ALL the fish were [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).

Am I being too optimistic in thinking that Online Poker will make it through this?

donater 01-21-2007 05:35 PM

Re: Why is everyone giving up?

i think probobly too optimistic. i thought online poker was [censored] when party went down, but then i saw the 5-10 full ring games on stars grow by like 600%. now just a few days after the neteller bomb the games are back to preparty crash. unless stars credits people the fee for epassporte i think its over. epassporte fees are horible.

HSB 01-21-2007 06:01 PM

I aint giving up.

SlapPappy 01-21-2007 06:06 PM

Its out of our hands. The only way it is going to be over is if every site and every funding method leaves the market. I don't see that happening. So, since its out of our hands why worry? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

bettyqs 01-21-2007 06:06 PM

not giving up...just waiting until things settle. I am a rec player...the ones you make most of your money off of. I am not going to jump thru hoops to make 50.00

cardcounter0 01-21-2007 06:09 PM

Not giving up. Have no need to deposit. Grinding away on a couple of sites building my roll. Waiting for things to settle before I rake off the winnings.

T50_Omaha8 01-21-2007 06:10 PM

Losing another chunk of fish while keeping the population of winning players steady is indeed gonna make the games much harder.

I'm sure if you're a recreational player that you'll be able to play poker as long as you want, provided you don't mind jumping through some hoops.

But if you're a pro who plays lots of hands of lower stakes games for a living, I think you'll notice fewer bad players and tighter tables over time.

Remember that every dime you take out of online poker once had to be put in by someone else. If other peoples' deposits slow down dramatically, so will the amount of money coming out. The less-than-spectacular players will be washed ashore.

PokerEveryDay 01-21-2007 06:15 PM

I don't care either way, but with millions of dollars being taken of the tables each day in rake, things are going to change.

JAY SPRING 01-21-2007 06:17 PM

NO NEED TO WORRY!!!!!

Some of the EWALLET sites do other stuff besides fund gambling sites. There is no way the gov't can possibly stop them. Once the Gov't realizes this, they will give up and online poker will live on. LOL.

Synergistic Explosions 01-21-2007 06:18 PM

When I run out of toilet paper, it doesn't stop me from crapping.....