Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   cardrunner post = spam? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=489283)

Mat Sklansky 08-29-2007 05:50 PM

cardrunner post = spam?

someone complained to me about this post.

i'm not sure if they have a legit gripe.

Leader 08-29-2007 05:55 PM

Re: cardrunner post = spam?

Well I think the only thing different between this post and lots of others I've seen is that it was posted by a mod. I don't really see a problem with it, but in general I'm pretty liberal about this stuff.

ajmargarine 08-29-2007 06:04 PM

Yes, it's sort of a legit gripe.

This thread wasn't allowed as it was thought of as advertising for 3-bet.net coaching. This could be seen as somewhat similar. Is it news about a mod? Or is it a plug for the site? Grey area I suppose.

Dids 08-29-2007 06:15 PM

The basic rule that I've been using to guide me is "people from site can't post it, but others can" so it's fair game.

That said, if I ran 3-bet or dueces cracked, I wouldn't be happy about it. I think it's best if us greens didn't make posts like this.

*TT* 08-29-2007 09:53 PM

change it to 'BBV mod joins video-coaching team team as guest pro' and anyone who complains doesnt have a leg to stand on IMHO.

PS - I'm a guest "pro" at Deuces Cracked (I use the word pro very loosely), I did three razz coaching vids for them. Guild's post doesn't bother me at all if that gives you any insight.

Gildwulf 08-30-2007 12:18 AM

this is absurd, see my comments in other thread and my pm, mat.

Gildwulf 08-30-2007 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, it's sort of a legit gripe.

This thread wasn't allowed as it was thought of as advertising for 3-bet.net coaching. This could be seen as somewhat similar. Is it news about a mod? Or is it a plug for the site? Grey area I suppose.

[/ QUOTE ]

link

*TT* 08-30-2007 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is absurd, see my comments in other thread and my pm, mat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gild - you think my post is absurd, or did you use the quick reply? In the event you didn't understand my intention I was fine with your post - I see nothing wrong with it. My recommendation is only to silence those who might complain if that is Mat's concern.

Gildwulf 08-30-2007 12:28 AM

i just used quick reply sorry, i meant the situation of my post from bbv being moved to the mod forum because joe tall thinks it is going to ruin business is absurd.

*TT* 08-30-2007 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i just used quick reply sorry, i meant the situation of my post from bbv being moved to the mod forum because joe tall thinks it is going to ruin business is absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesn't bother me that its moved here temporarily to discuss, but I do agree its OK to return. We have to admit its at least a valid question to ask, nothing wrong with asking for a decision.

PS: full disclosure - I am friends with Joe/went to his wedding but my opinion isn't affected by this, I'd have the same opinion if it was the other way around with Taylor complaining.