Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   GF invites me to wake, whats my line? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553615)

The Man 11-24-2007 04:33 PM

GF invites me to wake, whats my line?

So her grandfather died after alot of hospitalizations, and she definatley saw it coming and so did her family but she isn't taking it well. I have to drive awhile and meet her family, which i've never done, and I really don't want to go. We aren't very serious. Is it -ev to just say "I don't want to go." and be honest?

I don't think lying is a good line... and I wouldn't expect her to attend a wake for my family and I doubt I would even invite her unless she knew the family member.

need help =-0

mbillie1 11-24-2007 04:36 PM

Re: GF invites me to wake, whats my line?

"I wouldn't really feel comfortable, especially having this be the first time that I meet the rest of your family. I'm sorry."

JuntMonkey 11-24-2007 04:36 PM

You left out how long silly.

Sponger. 11-24-2007 04:37 PM

Does she want you to go or is she making you feel like you have to go? Have you talked to her about it at all?

mbillie1 11-24-2007 04:38 PM

alternately,

"Well I kind of have other things to do this weekend, but I'll tell you what, I'll go to your mother's funeral, she doesn't have that much time left anyway."

ElliotR 11-24-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So her grandfather died after alot of hospitalizations, and she definatley saw it coming and so did her family but she isn't taking it well. I have to drive awhile and meet her family, which i've never done, and I really don't want to go. We aren't very serious. Is it -ev to just say "I don't want to go." and be honest?

I don't think lying is a good line... and I wouldn't expect her to attend a wake for my family and I doubt I would even invite her unless she knew the family member.

need help =-0

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't want to break up, go. If you do, then be honest, then break up with her in a couple of weeks.

The Man 11-24-2007 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does she want you to go or is she making you feel like you have to go? Have you talked to her about it at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

She is making me feel like I have to go, and she knows I have some plans for tomorrow. She gave me 1 day notice (its tomorrow). She told me to call her back because she had to go, we didn't finish talking about it

Bulletproof Monk 11-24-2007 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly that comes after asking 2+2....

The Man 11-24-2007 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

need help =-0

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't want to break up, go. If you do, then be honest, then break up with her in a couple of weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if I don't want to break up and I don't want to go?

To be honest if she dumps me because of this, then she coudn't think too much of me the first place.

gumpzilla 11-24-2007 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

To be honest if she dumps me because of this, then she coudn't think too much of me the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that, it's just that from her perspective you are failing to support her in an hour of need. And, if you're not very serious, then who cares if she dumps you?

mbillie's first line is pretty reasonable. Perhaps a better way of approaching it would be to say "I'm thinking about it. Here's my concern."

NLSoldier 11-24-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I wouldn't really feel comfortable, especially having this be the first time that I meet the rest of your family. I'm sorry."

[/ QUOTE ]

ElliotR 11-24-2007 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

need help =-0

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are failing to see this from her point of view. She clearly thinks that you should be there to support her.

IggyWH 11-24-2007 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

need help =-0

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You not only suck with women, you such at life with a statement like this.

cbebop007 11-24-2007 05:42 PM

You should probably go if you care about her at all.

Golden_Rhino 11-24-2007 05:42 PM

It is uncomfortable, but you should go.

Tartufo 11-24-2007 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
alternately,

"Well I kind of have other things to do this weekend, but I'll tell you what, I'll go to your mother's funeral, she doesn't have that much time left anyway."

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid plan, A+

tarheeljks 11-24-2007 05:46 PM

i would grit my teeth and go. she needs your emotional support and if you care about her you should give it to her.

IggyWH 11-24-2007 05:55 PM

The OP should have read :

"I want to continue blowing my load into a chick that wants me to go to the funeral for her grandfather when I don't give a [censored] about her or him. How can I get out of it and still stick my peepee in her?"

TomVeil 11-24-2007 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"I want to continue blowing my load into a chick that wants me to go to the funeral for her grandfather when I don't give a [censored] about her or him. How can I get out of it and still stick my peepee in her?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilarity!

OP, if you want to keep dating her, be honest.

"Honey, I know that you need support during this time. I just don't really feel comfortable meeting your family under such awful circumstances. This is a private family matter and it would make me VERY uncomfortable to be there. That being said, I'll go if you need me."

Hey, maybe she'll let you pork her when she stops crying, right?

JuntMonkey 11-24-2007 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilarity!

"Honey, I know that you need support during this time. I just don't really feel comfortable meeting your family under such awful circumstances. This is a private family matter and it would make me VERY uncomfortable to be there. That being said, I'll go if you need me."

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently it's a "thing" that after a funeral everybody has sex.

TomVeil 11-24-2007 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilarity!

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently it's a "thing" that after a funeral everybody has sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

At mine, it's open bar and topless waitresses. You're all invited.

Tony_P 11-24-2007 06:10 PM

go idiot. I can't even believe you have to ask

XXXNoahXXX 11-24-2007 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
go idiot. I can't even believe you have to

[/ QUOTE ]

also, I vote to ban anyone that uses "Whats my line" or "whats my play" instead of "what should i do?"

AlexM 11-24-2007 06:27 PM

If you just say "I don't want to go" she will be pissed.

If you say it nicely, explaining that you're not comfortable with it and all(AKA expressing your feelings), she might understand if you don't go.

If you suck it up and go anyway, you will get some nice brownie points.

If you explain your feelings about not being comfortable with it and then go anyway, you will get anal.

AlexM 11-24-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The single biggest thing most women want in a man is someone she knows can support her when she's emotionally distressed. You have failed to provide this at a time when she needed it the most. From her point of view, you have basically said "I don't care about you." Now, women are to some extent used to this from men, so you might get away with it, at least for a while, but overall it's really bad to consistantly do this kind of thing.

The guy version would be like discovering that your GF will never ever give you head or do it doggie style. As much as you might like the girl, it might well be a deal breaker.

Seriously, if you want to pursue this relationship, you really have to go.

CrayZee 11-24-2007 06:35 PM

Doesn't sound like you care at all about this "gf". I wouldn't go then. But if you're looking for an out of the relationship, I doubt you'll get dumped over this. She will, like all women, remember this for eternity if you do decide to become more serious.

AlexM 11-24-2007 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She is making me feel like I have to go, and she knows I have some plans for tomorrow. She gave me 1 day notice (its tomorrow).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, people don't die with notice, so wakes have very short notice. You just have to drop your plans and go when it happens and not bitch about not having enough notice.

mbillie1 11-24-2007 06:37 PM

massive LOL at every OOT girl thread that turns into "you obv don't care about her if you don't want to go to her grandfather's funeral" ... get outta here. funerals suck, other peoples' family funerals are awkward and unpleasant, whether or not you care about the person. not wanting to go is fine, and telling her it makes you uncomfortable meeting her family for the first time at a funeral is fine, because that would be a [censored] up way to meet someone's family. i don't see any problem just telling her plainly that it makes you uncomfortable (but through in a "of course, if you really want me there, i'll come with you, i just want to explain why i'm reluctant")

CrayZee 11-24-2007 06:45 PM

Doesn't matter what the excuse is, men will always look like dogs here if they don't go. It appears selfish and unsympathetic. If you are always afraid of awkward, unexpected family situations when it comes to dating, then you are likely unexperienced. Suck it up if you care. Otherwise don't.

mbillie1 11-24-2007 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't matter what the excuse is, men will always look like dogs here if they don't go. It appears selfish and unsympathetic. If you are always afraid of awkward, unexpected family situations when it comes to dating, then you are likely unexperienced. Suck it up if you care. Otherwise don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry but this is just not the case

JuntMonkey 11-24-2007 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
go idiot. I can't even believe you have to

[/ QUOTE ]

also, I vote to ban anyone that uses "Whats my line" or "whats my play" instead of "what should i do?"

[/ QUOTE ]

"What's my line" is debatable, "what's my play" is right on the edge, but "what's my play, OOT?" should be dealt with instantly and mercilessly.

kurosh 11-24-2007 07:02 PM

Try talking to her and explaining how you feel???

cpitt398 11-24-2007 07:46 PM

when i get into situations like this with a girl where i know i should do one thing but don't feel like it, I usually just tell them I will call them back and never do, ever.

zer0 11-24-2007 08:23 PM

my gf's grandfather was just diagnosed with lung cancer and is in pretty bad shape in the hospital. i feel your pain, because even though i've met her family, i hate them all.

The Man 11-24-2007 08:32 PM

Re: GF invites me to wake, what do I do?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said we aren't that serious. But I didn't mention she likes me alot more than I like her. I am not inexperienced at dating. How many people go to a wake not knowing a single person? I've never met these people, and I have to get up early to drive two hours to see a wake (i've actually never been to a wake or a funeral before)

The Man 11-24-2007 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try talking to her and explaining how you feel???

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been very honest with her and she is horrible at bluffing me. I know she takes this very seriously, even though she says she doesn't. I think it is a test. I think that her testing me is unfair, and cruel.

I guess OOT votes that I don't go and dump her huh?

Uglyowl 11-24-2007 08:38 PM

No one likes wakes/funerals.. sack up and go

wall_st 11-24-2007 08:43 PM

If you like her and want to keep a good relationship you should go. If you don't care about her that much then you should break up with her and not go. Sounds like you are being tested but from your attitude she may have reason for doing so.

tarheeljks 11-24-2007 08:50 PM

only you know whether she is capable of testing you in this manner, but i'm skeptical. it is far more likely that she just wants you to be there for her b/c she's hurting. i really doubt she is going to dump you if you say no, but she may not let you forget about it. either way you should let her know your reservations and go from there.

xxThe_Lebowskixx 11-24-2007 08:54 PM

if you arent serious, just be honest and dont go. dont let these guys convince you otherwise.

edit: ,imo