Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   New name for the forum - voting thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=525417)

El Diablo 10-17-2007 10:38 PM

New name for the forum - voting thread

'How bout just changing it to the letters EDF that don't mean anything'

That's probably the winner. But I want to at least consider a few options. So, a poll! This is not really to pick a winner, moreso to exclude choices from consideration.

LyinKing 10-17-2007 11:39 PM

Re: New name for the forum - voting thread

Just people know where this is coming from:

An agora was a public space and an essential part of an ancient Greek polis or city-state. An agora acted as a marketplace and a forum to the citizens of the polis. Agora also means a place of assembly in any Ancient Greek state. It is sometimes used in modern language to refer to a crossroads, either metaphorically (the point or concept which links, or is the crossroads of multiple related concepts), or literally, a point at which many physical roads or paths meet.

ItalianFX 10-17-2007 11:54 PM

I'd rather have EDF than any of those other options. The Smoking Room would be a far second, but manageable.

I think those names are too sophisticated.

jono 10-18-2007 12:28 AM

write in vote for: Other Better Topics

or: OOT4AP (OOT for advanced posters)

traz 10-18-2007 12:51 AM

Those three in the middle are too obscure imo. If you're going to change the name, it should conjure up an instant visual image.

WhoIam 10-18-2007 01:05 AM

Write in vote for unchanged--ED just makes me think of erectile dysfunction.

Dominic 10-18-2007 01:09 AM

wow, those are some horrible names...do they have any special significance that I'm missing?

10-18-2007 01:17 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Mermade 10-18-2007 01:37 AM

Again, does the current name really need fixing? I think EDF is a strong favorite simply because it evokes the current forum name. Really then, what is the point?

Zeno 10-18-2007 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to change the name, it should conjure up an instant visual image.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good idea. El D's may work. If conjures up the image of a somewhat shady but friendly bar or gathering place with just enough sinister and sophisticated atmosphere to have a outlaw tone to it. Something like an old-time, first-class speakeasy or jazz club, and you had to know the password or past the scrutiny of the doorman to get in. Perhaps view the name as a classy neon sign and someone could come up with a stylish logo and font etc. Something to ponder on anyway.

-Zeno