Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Bank info for a credit check (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=538278)

popeye18 11-04-2007 03:41 PM

Bank info for a credit check

Im moving into a new place and im filling out the credit check info. The application wants my banking information(bank and acount numbers). Is this standard? The last credit check application thing i filled out they did not check any banking info. The reason im kinda apprehensive is that the landlord is out of town for awhile and so i havent met him and have had all my conversations with him by phone and e-mail.

Yes i am pretty retarded when it comes to stuff like this. I just feel weird sending an e-mail with all this info. Thanks.

mbillie1 11-04-2007 03:42 PM

Re: Bank info for a credit check

That's shady, don't give it to him

XXXNoahXXX 11-04-2007 03:44 PM

yeah, i definitely would not give out account numbers. if they want to see how much you got in the bank, you can show them printed or even PDF statements that don't include your account info.

bobman0330 11-04-2007 03:50 PM

My landlords have always asked for account info.

mosdef 11-04-2007 04:08 PM

It's normal, but if you're uncomfortable with it just say so.

stabn 11-04-2007 04:10 PM

I would not do it. They can make a decision without that info.

z28dreams 11-04-2007 04:49 PM

I've had to provide credit reports for a lot of contracts / insertion orders I've signed at my work.

A few have asked for bank account numbers. Apparently, they can ask the bank "how many zeros" you have in there to get an idea of your status.

We've always refused this information though, as they can run a perfectly good credit history check without it.

mosdef 11-04-2007 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've had to provide credit reports for a lot of contracts / insertion orders I've signed at my work.

A few have asked for bank account numbers. Apparently, they can ask the bank "how many zeros" you have in there to get an idea of your status.

We've always refused this information though, as they can run a perfectly good credit history check without it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. If you don't want to give bank info, they may be happy getting the first and last as a certified check as an alternative.

JJSCOTT2 11-05-2007 12:59 AM

Every landlord I've had has asked for this, I find it kind of weird but personally don't have a problem with it A.) because I don't have any money to steal and B.) because it's relatively easy to get it back if they do.

But I agree that they don't NEED it and if you're not comfortable with it, I would not give it out.

case3 11-05-2007 04:04 AM

This is standard. Most landlords are using form applications, so they may not even care about this information.

Is it at all reasonable this person is running an elaborate scam just to get this small amount of information?

All checks you are writing will contain this info anyway:

Name
Address

Bank

Account Number

Things to worry about are whether the lease/place/room mates are something you want to commit to, giving out this info is fine.