Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Bluescouse in freefall (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=505176)

MYNAMEIZGREG 09-20-2007 11:40 AM

Re: Bluescouse in freefall

Jim,

I really enjoy your posts and I look for them every time I am in NVG. Please ignore everyone who has some unprovoked dislike for you, as it is just a sign of insecurity. You have been nothing but helpful (and I know a lot of other people enjoy your posts as well). Please keep it up.

Greg

MYNAMEIZGREG 09-20-2007 11:42 AM

Also, don't feel the need to address everyone who calls you out. And, I would like to give you a free hour of coaching. Please PM me.

Greg

Jackal69 09-20-2007 11:47 AM

what was the house worth/what did he put into it?

MegaFossil 09-20-2007 11:57 AM

Has anyone watched or played against this guy long term? Does he have talent, but poor bankroll skills or is mostly just a LAGtard spew-monkey who's gotten on a few heaters only to come crashing back down every time?

ipp147 09-20-2007 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he is just a LAGtard spew-monkey who's gotten on a few heaters only to come crashing back down every time?

[/ QUOTE ]

luckyjimm 09-20-2007 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, don't feel the need to address everyone who calls you out. And, I would like to give you a free hour of coaching. Please PM me.

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, thanks, cool! Just had a read of your blog. But you do realise I play exclusively PLO?

luckyjimm 09-20-2007 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone watched or played against this guy long term? Does he have talent, but poor bankroll skills or is mostly just a LAGtard spew-monkey who's gotten on a few heaters only to come crashing back down every time?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how he wins (from July):

"i was pretty tilted and put my entire crypto roll on £100/£200 (£19,700). no-one came though for the first few minutes. so i opened up betfair and put my entire betfair roll $45k on $250/$500. i couldn't afford to lose both if i wanted to get the house i'm looking at so whichever table started first i would close the other. a player on betfair joins me after awhile so i close down crypto. he buys in for $50k. first hand i raise pre and he calls. i bet flop and he check raises me. i call him down on flop turn and river when he pushes with K high and my top pair which i made on the turn was good for a $90k pot.

he still has a few $k left over from the $50k and that goes shortly. he buys back for $20k and a couple of hands later i re-raise to $4500 pre with AK and he calls. the flop comes 6810. not a great flop but i commit myself by betting $7k/$8k of his $14k and change (pot $9k). he moves in instantly. i call. turn Q river A. he shows Q9 and i win the $38k pot. he leaves."

MYNAMEIZGREG 09-20-2007 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, thanks, cool! Just had a read of your blog. But you do realise I play exclusively PLO?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can prob teach SS PLO

ben wb 09-20-2007 12:13 PM

I think he spent £150k ($300k) on the house but he still has a mortgage, think his roll was up to £350-400k or $7-800k at one point but after spending nearly half of it on the house he busted the rest.

luckyjimm 09-20-2007 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he spent £150k ($300k) on the house but he still has a mortgage, think his roll was up to £350-400k or $7-800k at one point but after spending nearly half of it on the house he busted the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

No wai!!!

His roll got up to £150-£200k in July this year. He lost £63k in a night and since then has been losing steadily. The idea was that he would buy a house outright; but, instead, it seems he just put down a deposit. I think he only put down like £30k, and got a big fat mortgage. Remember he lives in Wales where houses are pretty cheap. He had the money to buy outright but chose not to, keeping the money to gamble with, and giving himself a mortgage he didn't need and won't be able to pay.

I don't see why he doesn't just get a job, any job. But I've been in his position myself - living at home, no income, any money I can get hold of going on poker, and so obsessed and addicted that it's impossible to be interested in any job, in anything other than gambling.