Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Average Speed XVII Game Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=464155)

Bulletproof Monk 08-02-2007 09:00 AM

Re: Average Speed XVII Game Thread

2nd, to explain what ive been doing thus far,

Supine's first post, (note this was early on from an inactive player):

[ QUOTE ]
Theme is sooo good.

I work late today, which means I cannot post between 12 and 9 pm, but I should be here before deadline.

I am a villlager, will try to read voraciously and participate as much as I can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im guessing noone else saw this as supine peeking vr as village - actually i thought it was so obvious that i tried to protect him by faking seer. honestly who the [censored] uses the word 'voraciously' in a sentence ever.

day 3 i waited for supine to post, his first 2 posts talked about gt1t without voting him, noting that he was no longer supine's #1 suspect despite the fact that supine had pushed gt1t on day 2. i took this to mean supine had peeked gt1t villager (actually at that point i felt there was a very good chance i was wrong but was kind of stuck to go with it, just in case i could get killed last nite)

My initial 'villager' list consisted of the guy i assumed was seer, his peek, and the guy i was trying to protect. my 2nd day list consisted of the people i really trust; namely clown, dustin and chuckles (RIP)

anyway, this doesnt say anything about my role. im just letting people know so i dont have to answer future questions about why the hell i was switching on gt1t + protecting vr/supine.

fwiw, i feel like vr has been taking the piss a bit this game (earlier she pointed out she was 'peeked', seemed wolfy to me) and she is far from confirmed. im not reading anything in to the fact that i wasnt killed because honestly noone could possibly have really thought i was seer after day 1 even if vr was villager.

Bulletproof Monk 08-02-2007 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And I don't really see who was obviously "cleared" on d1/d2, per se.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i guess its just something to think about. it was a really strange thing to say in the circumstances, and it seems to me that wolfs must be winning (somehow).

keep in mind that in addition to being 2 down, gt1t was a major wagon for the day.

lastchance 08-02-2007 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
keep in mind that in addition to being 2 down, gt1t was a major wagon for the day.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, he wasn't. He could have been, I think I would have tried my hardest to shove him, but I dunno.

Bulletproof Monk 08-02-2007 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Monk 180ed on gt1t on d3 after d2. This is interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

see my recent post for full explanation.

fwiw based purely on gt1t's posts he was in my top 3 suspects all game (tho i guess that makes me more likely wolf than villager haha)

Bulletproof Monk 08-02-2007 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, he wasn't. He could have been, I think I would have tried my hardest to shove him, but I dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he really was. Maybe not in vote counts, but look at how many people suspected him/were willing to vote for him, and how many people were waiting to push him.

His name was mentioned so much there is no way he could have thought he was safe.

Bulletproof Monk 08-02-2007 09:10 AM

Villagers:

Bulletproof Monk
shortline99

Likely Villagers:

clowntable
DustinG
ScottHoward v3.1
fnord_too (trusting shortys read)

Neutral:

VoraciousReader
bojtun (trusting dustins read)
lastchance
Nez477 (maybe slightly lean villager, gt1t strangeness moves him here i think)
Supine

Likely Wolf:

fishmonger
bravos1

Wolf:

fmxda
Nicholasp27

Thoughts?

lastchance 08-02-2007 09:14 AM

Fish, have you figured out what I was talking about yet?

fnord_too 08-02-2007 09:24 AM

quick thoughts before I get to work:

I reread supine due to attention he was getting early yesterday and I got nothing from his tone that suggested wolf.

I really did not like the way shorty was posting yesterday. Specifically, I really didn't like the "The only way I get lynched is if GT is a wolf, if GT is village there is no way I get lynched" (or words to that effect) and the whole argument with dustin. Gaping logical falacies, like saying "Look at durron in this game gunning for me in this game, he sounds like you and was wrong" is just awful. I would not clear shorty after yesterday. One way to read the GT exchange is between two wolves who in damage control mode because they are both catching some heat and know they both cannot make it through to the late game. Not saying that is necessarily the case, but it is a real possibility.

I should be able to get a little time after lunch, but it is unlikely I will have any before then.

lastchance 08-02-2007 09:24 AM

Fnord's post is really interesting.

Supine 08-02-2007 09:32 AM

Wait I'm a missing something?