Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   grrrrr... A6 in the sb??? high blinds NLTRN (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553301)

daveT 11-24-2007 02:49 AM

grrrrr... A6 in the sb??? high blinds NLTRN

Sorry, if this one isn't entertaining, I have no real commentary, except that I don't feel like using a converter and my villain has proven a few times that his avatar is fitting: fish.

Hero (785)
Blinds at 25/50.

Hero holds A6o.

What is the best way to play this, and what is my plan in later streets?

Landonfan 11-24-2007 02:54 AM

Re: grrrrr... A6 in the sb??? high blinds

Minraise, 100 on flop, shut down after that if you don't have anything.

If villain isn't too bluffy, you can check behind some uglier flops.

daveT 11-24-2007 02:59 AM

the guy is really really bad. I mean calling station and bluff idiot all the way. He won a few bs races to get like this.

I want value!

jay_shark 11-24-2007 03:01 AM

The mini-raise with total disregard to your opponent's tendencies is one of the biggest mistakes made in this forum .

Landonfan 11-24-2007 03:47 AM

I was assumimg he was more stationy than bluffy. It doesn't really change my play, though.

I really don't like making it 150 pf, because we'd be c-betting 150-200, meaning we've got almost half our stack in the pot.

Is there some other line that I'm not seeing?

abcjnich 11-24-2007 04:42 AM

Well A6 isn't very good, so you're not magically going to get a ton of value. If he's that stationy just go all in.

Im still trying to figure out why people adhere to the same strategies against different opponents. Min raising and auto-cbetting doesn't seem like the best solution every time.

cwar 11-24-2007 04:53 AM

Push.

Landonfan 11-24-2007 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well A6 isn't very good, so you're not magically going to get a ton of value. If he's that stationy just go all in.

Im still trying to figure out why people adhere to the same strategies against different opponents. Min raising and auto-cbetting doesn't seem like the best solution every time.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't like any other option I can think of. I don't much like the play I stated either, but that's what I would do in practice and it's what I'm comfortable doing.

Fwiw, if the guy's bad enough that pushing 15bbs with A6 is profitable, then I've been overestimating him.

cwar 11-24-2007 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't like any other option I can think of. I don't much like the play I stated either, but that's what I would do in practice and it's what I'm comfortable doing.

Fwiw, if the guy's bad enough that pushing 15bbs with A6 is profitable, then I've been overestimating him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pushing A6o is profitable against anyone. UNEXPLOITABLE!

FeNeF 11-24-2007 11:50 AM

A6o is crappy enough and the blinds are short enough that I think I'd pretty much always push. There just isn't that much value in it. Against certain types of idiots (the ones who fold to every c-bet unless they hit) I might raise small and c-bet, and if he's really, REALLY bad I might consider limping , but in general I don't think you're going to get more value limping or raising than shoving.