Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   missed AK against Donk in multiway (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556393)

Thomas Luice 11-28-2007 12:42 PM

missed AK against Donk in multiway

I haven't any reads on both villain. was it a easy folding?

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6SB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, SB calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4BB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB calls all-in $2.3</font>.
Uncalled bets: 0.42BB returned to BB.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.15BB, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: 5.15BB)

Results:
Final pot: 5.15BB

thrasher789 11-28-2007 12:49 PM

Re: missed AK against Donk in multiway

I'm usually inclined to peel here depending on the villain(s), but probably a good fold given it's a multiway pot and either opponent could have A-368 or K8 which would have you reverse dominated after the flop and the backdoor flush draw doens't overcome that possibility imo. Fine fold given the situation I think.

Wolfram 11-28-2007 01:16 PM

Bad fold imo.

A flop-donking range from a blind-defender is very wide. It will include stuff like any pair, some draws and sometimes even worse (A-hi, air).

You shouldn't be worried about being dominated in this position and you shouldn't either be too worried that SB will raise cause his range is basically any 2 cards.

Most of the time you'll have 6 semi-clean outs + a backdoor nutflushdraw, and sometimes you'll have the best hand. On top of that you have position.

That's enough for me to call and then reevaluate based on the turn.

thepizzlefosho 11-28-2007 01:27 PM

easy peel bd flush draw and overs. he is either donking with a flush draw and you likely have the best hand, or he is donking with a pair and you have about 7 outs on average.

FlopYouDead 11-28-2007 01:35 PM

With SB likely going all-in on the turn you have some protection. He can't charge you if he catches and BB will likely not bluff river if he's drawing. I call.

numbnuts007 11-28-2007 01:55 PM

I call this for sure. I estimate about 5 outs here, with implied odds we're getting enough and there is a small chance that we're still ahead. My only real concern is a c/r from sb to put himself all in. I also don't like folding here because it's an invitation to donk the flop when you pfr.

LukeSLTS 11-28-2007 04:59 PM

Why not raise here? You will buy yourself a free card if you choose. If you are three bet then you can peel.

maxter 11-29-2007 07:29 AM

Raising the flop for a free card is bad IMO. Third player is nearly all-in (we don't need to protect or buy outs cause if he has something he'll call a raise anyway) and BB may re-donk the turn, also we're likely behind his donking range (pairs mostly). Easy peel.

efficacy 11-29-2007 08:02 AM

I am usually raising this flop unless I have a strong read that villain donk 3-bets pairs on the flop.

If it gets HU I'm betting again on safe turns and checking behind the river unimproved.

If the small blind comes along I'm checking behind on the turn unless I pair up.

Folding this flop is giving up too much. If you just call flop drawing with over cards but raise the flop with your made hands, you become too easy to play against I think. Of course you have to consider your table image and not go overboard. If you've been caught 3 times in a row with unimproved ace-big, then you need to consider backing off some.