Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   A floor call I had never seen (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=476217)

RR 08-13-2007 05:03 AM

A floor call I had never seen

It is pretty rare that something happens in a poker room I have never seen. I was called to an Omaha game tonight because the dealer had flashed a player's card (no big deal it would become the burn), dealt around and instead of giving the button his fourth card he dealt it to replace the exposed card. I got to the table and there had been a raise and a call and the button pointed out he only had 3 cards. I won't mention what I ruled because that would alter the discussion, but I am interested in what others think should happen.

UbinTook 08-13-2007 05:52 AM

Re: A floor call I had never seen

This is the fault of the dealer, player should not be penalized into not being able to play the hand.
Assuming the replacement burn has already been returned to the top of the stub...
Remove the burn(exposed card) deal the next card to the button, return burn to stub, play on.

Only two cards are "out of order", flop , turn , river will remain the same...not enough harm done to warrant punishing button player by not allowing him to play a hand.

But at CAZ, most likely call...no flop, misdeal.

NicksDad1970 08-13-2007 05:53 AM

W/O thinking too much I would call the hand dead and deal over since there wasn't any action. (NM, I saw there was action)

I swear I've seen something that makes no sense like I'm about to suggest but how about decalring the persons hand dead who only had 3 cards? Unless there was a BBj or the person was in the blinds it wouldn't change much, right?

Ok, I'm tired, back to NVG I go.

HOWMANY 08-13-2007 06:14 AM

The sane thing to do would be just give the button another card but there is no way I can see that flying because poker players are superstitious retards and they couldn't live with giving two people different cards than what they were "supposed" to have.

So kill button's hand is what I would guess happens in this situation.

snuffdip 08-13-2007 06:21 AM

2 dead hands?

Coffee 08-13-2007 08:02 AM

Because everyone else got what they were "supposed" to get, I would probably treat this like a turn card that gets dealt too early. Reshuffle the remainder of the deck, then give the button his fourth card, and play the hand out. I think the button needs to wake up if he managed to make it to the flop with only three cards, but the fact that there has been action pooches the deal.

I dunno...maybe I'm not understanding what happened.

afish 08-13-2007 08:26 AM

I'd give the button the top card on the deck, but I don't care about the folks who care about the cards that were "supposed" to be on the board.

Magicmanu 08-13-2007 09:15 AM

Button's hand is dead.

AngusThermopyle 08-13-2007 09:24 AM

Give the Button his 4th card and carry on.
No misdeal. No dead hands.

pfapfap 08-13-2007 09:58 AM

Yeah, this seems fairly straightforward. You need to give the button another card to keep the integrity of the flop (if you're one who believes in such things). Least harm to least people with as much as 'should' have been as possible. If you kill the button's hand, do you also burn an extra card to get back to the 'proper' flop?

FWIW, I think I did something very similar to this once. Can't remember what the floor ruled.