Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Odd banking situation.... getting cash in Vegas (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533138)

octaveshift 10-28-2007 12:59 PM

Odd banking situation.... getting cash in Vegas

I'm a Colorado resident, but my banks (BofA + eTrade) don't have branches in this state.

I'm headed to Vegas this coming Thursday, and I'd like to bring $5000 in cash. I'm staying at the Bellagio- I know they will cash a check (max $1000?) at the cage for me.... but I'm wondering what the best way to get $5k in cash would be.

Does anyone know what the general ATM limits are in Vegas? Should I just wire the money?

I'd EFT the cash to my local credit union, but I am sure there is some sort of "hold" period where I wouldn't be able to withdraw it.

(I've tried searching, but I guess I haven't found the optimal search term.)

JackInDaCrak 10-28-2007 01:03 PM

Re: Odd banking situation.... getting cash in Vegas

if you're worried about carrying the cash, go to your bank and buy a cashier's check. Other banks will cash it for you.

octaveshift 10-28-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you're worried about carrying the cash, go to your bank and buy a cashier's check. Other banks will cash it for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Appreciate the reply, but if you read my post, you'll see my banks don't have branches in this state.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Percula 10-28-2007 01:20 PM

Withdraw the money, fold it half, put a rubber band around it, stick it in your front pocket.

NickMPK 10-28-2007 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Appreciate the reply, but if you read my post, you'll see my banks don't have branches in this state.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's why he said "other banks"....but banks usually charge to write a cashier's check. Last time I got one made from BoA it was $6.

RR 10-28-2007 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Walk into a Bank of America in Vegas and get what you want.

octaveshift 10-28-2007 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Walk into a Bank of America in Vegas and get what you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

DOH!

octaveshift 10-28-2007 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Withdraw the money, fold it half, put a rubber band around it, stick it in your front pocket.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but was my original post hard to comprehend?

It's like people are replying to the wrong thread....

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Percula 10-28-2007 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are such a pussy that you cant carry half a brick in your pocket, you should rethink how much you are bringing...

bav 10-28-2007 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They are. They're used to the frequently asked question that goes more like "I have $5000 in cash with me and I want to take it to Vegas but I'm afraid to carry that much on me". The standard answer to that one is "just carry it, ya wuss".