Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Business, Finance, and Investing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   BFI November [censored] thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536089)

ahnuld 11-01-2007 11:55 AM

BFI November [censored] thread

Post any random thoughts, trades or ideas as they pop into your head in this thread.

Jimbo 11-01-2007 12:02 PM

Re: BFI November [censored] thread

Today is a good day to buy some stocks on the cheap if you have been waiting.

Jimbo

Moonshine 11-01-2007 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Jimbo

[/ QUOTE ]

i think US equities right now are a pretty shaky investment...i dunno why you would buy

not saying I'd sell either, just that there's going to be a lot of volitility in the near future and I'm not comfortable takign on a position

Jimbo 11-01-2007 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think US equities right now are a pretty shaky investment...i dunno why you would buy

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to elaborate? Some of them? Nearly all of them? Where did I specify only US equities? Multinationals are going back up after this mini-correction. I am referring to some short term traders right now and anyone who wants a long term position in some of the more solid US banks and a select few tech stocks. I even like the price of some of the retailers heading into the holiday season.

Now all that being said and asked; in my positions thread I have been concentrating on puts so on specific stocks I agree with you. I just bought MSFT $37.50 puts, made money on my GS puts and plan on buying puts on Google and buying December $110 calls on Garmin.

I increased my position in XMSR substantially and am planning on getting back into UA at any price under $58. Also would buy YHOO under $30.

Jimbo

Actual God 11-01-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Jimbo

[/ QUOTE ]

would today be like an especially good day to put a load of money in a broad index?

mtgordon 11-01-2007 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Jimbo

[/ QUOTE ]

not saying I'd sell either, just that there's going to be a lot of volitility in the near future and I'm not comfortable takign on a position

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't not selling pretty much equal buying? Other than transaction costs and taxes that is.

Jimbo 11-01-2007 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Jimbo

[/ QUOTE ]

would today be like an especially good day to put a load of money in a broad index?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would see if the S&P 500 holds above it's most recent resistance level. Personally I'm not a real index type person but there are some people on here that really follow them closely so I hope they chime in.

Jimbo

ahnuld 11-01-2007 04:34 PM

gogog my SP dec 22nd puts and my crocs puts. Actually mad money today despite holding C and MER, those pieces of crap. Might have had something to do with crocs dropping 36% [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ahnuld 11-01-2007 04:34 PM

oh, and I just bought STX and CX

john kane 11-01-2007 05:00 PM

down $4.5k today. boo. china index down nearing 5% plus losses in silver. always was expecting this though.