Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Hold 'Em or Fold 'Em (part deux) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=279810)

bobhalford 12-10-2006 10:59 AM

Hold \'Em or Fold \'Em (part deux)

Hand 1
Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ?

Hand 2
Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero ?

Hand 3
Preflop: Hero is MP with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, Hero ?

Burnsabre 12-10-2006 12:26 PM

Re: Hold \'Em or Fold \'Em (part deux)

1) call down
2) call
3) fold

Hobbs. 12-10-2006 12:27 PM

need reads and stakes, but say unknowns that haven't been retarded yet....
1. holdem
2. foldem
3. call and fold to a river follow through

stonescar 12-10-2006 12:32 PM

1)without read I fold
2)15:1 I call closing the action, but expect to lose

EDIT:
I think these situations are pretty read dependant.
Against the loose-passive fish that I normally play against, I don't think folding in hand 1 is wrong, since they aren't that aggressive in blind defence. Maybe I would call flop and bet/fold turn in hand 2, I'm not sure. I just hate folding the river.

ILOVEPOKER929 12-10-2006 12:54 PM

Hand 1: Calldown unless you have a read that says otherwise.

Hand 2: I wanna fold the river but youre getting 15-1 to overcall. The only way you win this hand is if the CO is a total retard and the SB sux too, the pot may be big enough to call hoping for this parlay. Having a read on the CO would be critical here and it would tip the scale for me between calling or folding.

Hand 3: Call down.

bobhalford 12-10-2006 12:57 PM

In hand 3 notice he is doing this into 2 players, including the pf raiser.

stonescar 12-10-2006 02:28 PM

Still, BB peeling the flop could mean anything unless he's a good player, and I think a 7 could raise this turn.

SlyGuy 12-10-2006 04:32 PM

1. Call.
2. Fold
3. Fold. ( I would like a read here. ) A good player might C/r with A7. Although I would discount that possibility with the PF Cold call.

milesdyson 12-10-2006 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. holdem
2. foldem

[/ QUOTE ]
i think we need to make the decision to sd/fold on the turn in hand 3. if he raises a 7 or some other worse hand there are a lot of low river cards that wont scare him at all and he'll still bet w/ a 7. so does he have the 7 enough to calldown? i dont think so so i fold the turn. agree w/ other two, and that there's no reason to remove the stakes.

Hobbs. 12-10-2006 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. holdem
2. foldem

[/ QUOTE ]
i think we need to make the decision to sd/fold on the turn in hand 3. if he raises a 7 or some other worse hand there are a lot of low river cards that wont scare him at all and he'll still bet w/ a 7. so does he have the 7 enough to calldown? i dont think so so i fold the turn. agree w/ other two, and that there's no reason to remove the stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Miles, this is a good point. I guess I think calling a folding the riv UIed is best because given the two options you present folding the turn is probably best, but the few times we improve on the river (set smashing) or getting villain to check behind with a worse hands adds to our net equity which imo makes the call/fold UIed slightly more profitable than either other option. Very player dependent though.