Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gonzo flop in 3 way reraised pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537569)

TheRempel 11-03-2007 01:26 PM

Gonzo flop in 3 way reraised pot

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
TheRempel: $975.25
UTG+1: $460.35
CO: $221
Button: $171.55
SB: $356.85
BB: $204.65

Pre-flop: (6 players) TheRempel is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">TheRempel raises to $7</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $31</font>, 3 folds, TheRempel calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: ($96) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)

Preflop reraiser has reraised me several times and every time his hand's gotten to showdown he's had QQ, KK, AA, mostly with decent sidecards. UTG+1 is fairly fishy, coldcalling a lot. Postflop he massively overplays two pair but seems reticent to raise any draw.

Given that I am getting it all in here regardless of how the bets go off, what is my best play to maximize my EV?

BadBenOni 11-03-2007 01:42 PM

Re: Gonzo flop in 3 way reraised pot

I would check, hope +1 bets and co calls then you can push.

if +1 checks and co bets which I expect will happen most of the time I just call, expecting +1 to push when I am happy to call.

BadBenOni 11-03-2007 01:45 PM

I am not convinced you are in great shape here, if either player has a higher flush draw its bad.

but as you probably have to hit to win you want then both in so checking seems best.

TheRempel 11-03-2007 01:47 PM

The only time it's bad is when one of them has a better flush draw with a straight draw. I am 45% against AA with hearts. Since I have two ten's including the ten of hearts as well as the nine of hearts it really narrows down the range of straight/flush draws that can be involved. There is only about a 8% chance by my monkey math that either of them has a 9T combo hand. Against everything else I am in great shape and can often be up to 65% vs an AA hand and another hand that may play a big pot on this flop.

AlexKP 11-03-2007 02:27 PM

check, see action

wazz 11-03-2007 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check, see action, push regardless

[/ QUOTE ]

Flip-Flop 11-03-2007 02:52 PM

Check raise, what else is there?

TheRempel 11-03-2007 02:54 PM

OK so I checked, UTG+1 checked, CO potted for half his remaining stack. I def think CRAI is the standard play but I wanted UTG+1 in the pot. I didn't want to let him in cheap enough that I can get in trouble with 150BB left on the turn so I took a kind of weird line for my playing style and I minraised, putting the CO all in. UTG thought for like 5s and called.

Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

How now brown cow?

Flip-Flop 11-03-2007 03:07 PM

Haha I totally like the min-raise.
The turn is the worst card possible, I think I check call it.

BadBenOni 11-03-2007 03:09 PM

this looks like a dry sidepot to me,
no value in betting because you probably are not winning the main pot.

I check, because he may check too (dry sidepot) then you can fold a blank river because you are probably losing to co

I suppose if he pots you have a tough decision but thats poker.