Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Thinking of getting a kitten. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515098)

mused01 10-03-2007 09:03 PM

Thinking of getting a kitten.

Good idea, bad idea, wtf why a kitten?

Just moved into my apartment and thought it'd be a good time to get a kitten.

Obv the pros are:
-It's cute.
-It's relatively easy to take care of.
-It's cute.

And the cons:
-It turns into a cat.
-Vaccination.
-It gets hungry.
-Cleaning litter box

Should I still get one? And, if I get one, should I get it declawed? I go to school so I won't be able to spend too much time with it.

swingdoc 10-03-2007 09:06 PM

Re: Thinking of getting a kitten.

[ QUOTE ]
Obv the pros are:
-It's cute.
-It's relatively easy to take care of.
-It's cute.
-Tasty with a little a-1 sauce

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty 10-03-2007 09:14 PM

Get two.

ncboiler 10-03-2007 09:15 PM

Pro; They kill things that you want dead.

hanimal 10-03-2007 09:16 PM

I dunno, me personally, I'd probably not get it declawed.
Unless it's abused, it probably won't scratch you except on accident like if you're holding it and the nails poke out a little.

And a cat is way better than a dog if you're not gonna be around a lot. By no means neglect it, whenever you're home you should give it tons of affection, but you don't need to baby it nearly as much as a dog, very independent those cats.

kerowo 10-03-2007 09:18 PM

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...3930309570.jpg

ncboiler 10-03-2007 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno, me personally, I'd probably not get it declawed.
Unless it's abused, it probably won't scratch you except on accident like if you're holding it and the nails poke out a little.

And a cat is way better than a dog if you're not gonna be around a lot. By no means neglect it, whenever you're home you should give it tons of affection, but you don't need to baby it nearly as much as a dog, very independent those cats.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to watch the "Dog Whisperer"

pergesu 10-03-2007 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-It turns into a cat.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is probably kind of a joke...but even so, think hard about it. They're cute kittens for like 6 months, and then they can stick around for 6+...sometimes 16 years.

As far as getting it declawed, don't. For one it's super painful, it's actually amputation. Also the cat won't have any way to defend itself when it escapes from your house. I know they're not supposed to get out but the little [censored] always find a way every few months.

I love my cats. There are real downsides though, as you pointed out. Also I don't think cats are ever as easy and as good as people think they will be. They often scratch up [censored] around your house. If you can get past that sorta thing and accept the bad with the good, then cats are great. But don't think that they're super easy pets at all.

btw, I got one cat at first. He was doing great living on his own. I was home all day though...when I got a day job I felt bad, so I got another cat. Now they both ignore me.

aladare 10-03-2007 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as getting it declawed, don't. For one it's super painful, it's actually amputation. Also the cat won't have any way to defend itself when it escapes from your house. I know they're not supposed to get out but the little [censored] always find a way every few months.

[/ QUOTE ]
ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh all of a sudden i really like you Pergesu! What he says is very true, also inhumane like cutting off the cats fingers, and should be illegal.

I LOVE my cat, Murphy, who is all boy and a turd. But he is very funny, more personality than most people, and i adore him.
Down side, is the scratching furniture, etc..

ZenMusician 10-03-2007 11:44 PM

Cats are awesome, but in an apartment be prepared to have hair on your furniture, dishes, food, eyeballs, etc. Spay/neuter is a good idea too. GL

-ZEN