Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Higer level thinking or donk? stud 8 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544068)

xxeximusxx 11-12-2007 02:43 AM

Higer level thinking or donk? stud 8

??whatever, i like my play anways [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

7 Card Stud High-Low ($2/$4), Ante $0.40, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 4: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (2.15 SB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (2.08 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (4.08 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

River - (6.08 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___raises

Total pot: (10.08 BB - $40.30)

Andy B 11-12-2007 02:56 AM

Re: Higer level thinking or donk? stud 8

I like third and fourth. I'm not crazy about the bet on fifth. I really don't like the bets on sixth and seventh.

Alchemist 11-12-2007 03:00 AM

I sometimes find myself in spots like this where I feel compelled to keep betting in order to get this guy to fold his crappy board. After all, it's what you'd do if you *did* have AA+ right?

I don't know if I'd pay off the river, but I'd be interested to see what crap he was calling me down with. And heck, maybe he's got a 6-low and Ace high is good.

Andy B 11-12-2007 03:09 AM

He didn't fold Q7. Why would he suddenly fold Q73?

I think that there's probably at least the necessary 20% chance that AK-high is good on the river. I don't think that we should have made the pot big enough to call, however.

ChipsAhoya 11-12-2007 03:15 AM

I hate this hand because I think it's played correctly. You bet the river hoping he'll fold if he pairs low and call the raise in case he's raising with a 7 low. It's going to be hard for him to come up w/ a straight since 2 4s and 5s are out, too.

Checking on 5th and giving up works too, though.

-ChipsAhoya

ChipsAhoya 11-12-2007 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He didn't fold Q7. Why would he suddenly fold Q73?

I think that there's probably at least the necessary 20% chance that AK-high is good on the river. I don't think that we should have made the pot big enough to call, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, thinking even more about this, you can't bet 5th.

-ChipsAhoya