Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Why online poker sucks. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555719)

STOPRAKEGREED 11-27-2007 09:39 PM

Re: Why online poker sucks.

OP has played every limit from .01-.02 up to 100-200, mostly multi tabling 15-30 online and mostly 15-30 live

Komodo 11-27-2007 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One big problem about discussing the topic on here is that a lot of people are on the payroll through the sites or through affiliate programs, etc, so of course they are going to defend the present rip off system. Keep up the name calling. I'm not going to budge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont have much to add, but thats a very good point.
Its pretty hard to find any other business where the affiliate get that much.

DMoogle 11-27-2007 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In Nov 05, Party started taking $250,000 more per day. Didn't that hurt the games?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure did. However, we seem to have different definitions of "killed". IMO, hurting != killing. For example, the other day I hurt myself when I stubbed my toe on my computer desk. BUT interestingly enough I didn't kill myself!

EDIT: BTW I'm not affiliated with any poker site.

STOPRAKEGREED 11-27-2007 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In Nov 05, Party started taking $250,000 more per day. Didn't that hurt the games?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure did. However, we seem to have different definitions of "killed". IMO, hurting != killing. For example, the other day I hurt myself when I stubbed my toe on my computer desk. BUT interestingly enough I didn't kill myself!

[/ QUOTE ]

This adds nothing to the debate. Absurd point really.

DMoogle 11-27-2007 10:27 PM

IMO if the games are killed, that means that either people stopped playing them or they became unbeatable. That rake increase did neither.

STOPRAKEGREED 11-27-2007 10:29 PM

the number of people beating the game for anything significant has dropped by about 80%

DMoogle 11-27-2007 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the number of people beating the game for anything significant has dropped by about 80%

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you back this up? Most people who beat the game "for anything significant" play at stakes where the rake is a much smaller percentage of the average pot size.

Wires 11-27-2007 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP has played every limit from .01-.02 up to 100-200, mostly multi tabling 15-30 online and mostly 15-30 live

[/ QUOTE ]

no you don't.

There is no way someone whining and complaining about micro limit rake and who thinks .5/1 PLO is a mid stakes game has even sniffed a 15/30 or greater table.

Plus you started the thread I link below which no one with your "experience" would post.

Basic 5/10 NL Question

And I still think you're nutty.

Edit: I don't post or even visit this forum very often anymore but it's nice to see things haven't really changed. Bunch of veterans helping each other out as well as a bunch of sub 200 post crazies with wacked out conspiracy theories and looney ideas that will improve online poker (which is still thriving and profitable, btw).

gg Internet Gaming Forum. gg.

STOPRAKEGREED 11-27-2007 10:43 PM

yeah, i'll back it up. about 4 years ago almost all of the top san francisco pros were playing online. now about 80%, roughly 40 out of 50, have given it up. online is now just a bad joke unless you are one of the very best players.

edfurlong 11-27-2007 10:47 PM

About 4 years ago I could beat online poker, people learning hand rankings probably had more of an impact than the rake.