Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Why online poker sucks. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555719)

Bobo Fett 11-28-2007 05:51 AM

Re: Why online poker sucks.

[ QUOTE ]
One big problem about discussing the topic on here is that a lot of people are on the payroll through the sites or through affiliate programs, etc, so of course they are going to defend the present rip off system. Keep up the name calling. I'm not going to budge.

[/ QUOTE ]
And there's the problem with many of these threads. The OPs don't start these threads to have a discussion, this is just a soap box for them. No amount of logic will sway them, they have come here convinced of something, and think we all need to know about it.

blackize 11-28-2007 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

RAKEBACK IS NOT THE CURE FOR ABSURD RAKE

[/ QUOTE ]

What is then and how do we get it?

Bobo Fett 11-28-2007 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

RAKEBACK IS NOT THE CURE FOR ABSURD RAKE

[/ QUOTE ]

What is then and how do we get it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Radiation therapy. Jamie sticks his head in the microwave, LDO.

Rek 11-28-2007 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey stop, while i dont agree with a lot of what youve said, i do agree that the rake is far too high in most online games.

However, its not even worth arguing about it on here. Awhile ago, I merely brought up the point that IMO the "standard" rake that is common online today is not optimal for the growth of the games and the future of online poker. For this i was flamed repeatedly.

This forum is full of shills who will try to make you feel stupid for questioning the profit margin of the major poker sites. They feel that the rake is great the way it is for two reasons. Either they are affiliated with some site, or they make a living playing on a site and think that those who complain about the rake are just poor players. Then they talk about rakeback and try to equate rakeback or fpps with a lower rake which is just stupid.

You will not be able to have a constructive conversation on this forum about this subject. No one seems to care that the low limits are where beginners start out and that right now it is harder than ever for them to win. They just say "move up limits then you will hardly notice the rake... blah blah blah." Nevermind the fish who are getting picked apart by the rake at the lower limits. These fish have a far smaller chance of going on a hot streak winning a little bit, and then donking it off at the bigger tables.

Anyways IMO the combination of the high rake and the better players is making for a far lower percentage of winning players at the lower levels. AND THIS IS VERY BAD FOR THE GAME.

FLAME ON SHILLS.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am not affiliated to anything and I would like to see rake as low as possible. All players would benefit by greater profit or less losses. The vast majority of all posters here would like the same thing.

If you want a sensible discussion then post your view but be open minded as to the responses you get, especially when they don't agree with you.

Poker sites are there for one reason - to make profit for the sites owners. They are not a charity and noboby forces you to play there. As with any business there is a cost to pay for their services or goods. The art of a good business is to find the optimum level to charge their customers. Poker sites seem to have decided that their rake structure achieves their aims. Judging by the amount of traffic on poker sites I think they are probably right with the rake structure.

Would I like it cheaper? of course - then again I want cheaper car insurance, travel, food, drink, houses, clothes, mobile phones, internet connection, furntiture........................................ ........etc. It is a never ending list - apart from cheap women. I don't like them.

Bobo Fett 11-28-2007 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want a sensible discussion then post your view but be open minded as to the responses you get, especially when they don't agree with you.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT.

[ QUOTE ]
apart from cheap women. I don't like them.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not what I heard. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

pricklypete 11-28-2007 07:42 AM

I would like to know how much the big poker sites take in.

El_Hombre_Grande 11-28-2007 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
About 4 years ago I could beat online poker, people learning hand rankings probably had more of an impact than the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the(censored) unfortunate (censored) truth. There were people on party playing 5/10 limit who didn't know whether a flush or a straight was the winner. Well, the unfortunate part is they either went broke or got better.

El_Hombre_Grande 11-28-2007 08:08 AM

Rek hit the nail on the head.

I want free rake. I'm not an affiliate, I'm a winning player (to be distinguished from "whining player.)It doesn't take a genius to understand that lower rake is better than higher rake, but careful. That money is spent to promote and advertise games, and find fish.

You offer a "theory" (I'm being kind) with no evidence and no solution. You are being flamed (rightfully) for this, not because anyone wants to pay more rake rather than less.

I am also of the belief that I should be provided with free lawyers, guns, and money but thusfar the bar associations, gun dealers and US Treasury seem to feel different. Why should you expect an offshore poker site to be any more charitable?

OnYourBike 11-28-2007 08:51 AM

Play live if you think online rake it too high.

TylerD 11-28-2007 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[x] OP has never played live 2/4 limit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob - you can't have a question mark in those [x] things, it doesn't work. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]