Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222300)

Bodhisattva 09-27-2006 02:50 PM

Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

Degen,
Can you post a picture of what, in your opinion, a perfect 10 thai girl looks like?

xxThe_Lebowskixx 09-27-2006 02:50 PM

Deg is totally right about not letting things bother you. In Thailand, its very important to never cause anyone to lose face. That means that you never insult anyone or raise your voice. For narotic Americans who "Didnt want onions on it" this will probably be the hardest part.

Also, so many farang are incapable of handling and understanding thai women, or the way that thai people think and how to get what they want from them.

if you are the type of guy who "doesnt care" but is arguing because "its the principle"... just stay home you will get eaten alive.

xxThe_Lebowskixx 09-27-2006 02:52 PM

"It is pretty rare to have deep conversations with Thai people because of the language barrier."

LOL.. I kinda like this about Thailand!

Dont think too much is a phrase you will hear 1 million times!

09-27-2006 02:53 PM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

xxThe_Lebowskixx 09-27-2006 02:56 PM

btw, as you mentioned its not jsut the language barrier that prevents deep convo. their minds just dont work like that. hard to explain.

xxThe_Lebowskixx 09-27-2006 02:59 PM

but seriously who cares? the last thing i want to do is have a deep convo with a thai girl. id rather roll around in the sheets giggling and than let her cook for me!

328ifly 09-27-2006 03:00 PM

What positive traits have you picked up from being in Thailand, surrounded by thai ppl. Basically, How have you changed?

Also, do you feel you are getting ripped off alot by "hustlers" in Thailand?

xxThe_Lebowskixx 09-27-2006 03:02 PM

as for hotness, thai women exude feminity. tehre is jsut something so intoxicating and sexy about them. maybe its because they are so conditioned to please their husband/bf. when i get free time, im going to write up an essay on difference between thai girl and western girl approach to relationship.

xxThe_Lebowskixx 09-27-2006 03:04 PM

What positive traits have you picked up from being in Thailand, surrounded by thai ppl. Basically, How have you changed?

become more polite and patient.

my english has also gotten bad. ive picked up some incorrect wordings, and stopped using higher vocab.

Alobar 09-27-2006 03:06 PM

Does being around thai women make it harder to have a relationship when you come back home?

It would be a lot harder for me to deal with [censored] from my GF if I was used to a woman giving me what I wanted all the time

Same thing for being somewhere that is so relaxed. Is it hard to readjust when you get back home. Or does it carry over and you just generalyl have a better attitude when dealing with "normal" life back home?

Audrey Hepburn 09-27-2006 03:07 PM

Assess the veracity of Brokedown Palace.

gumpzilla 09-27-2006 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What is great about them is the way that they treat you and make you feel. This absolutely cannot be beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

When reading this and other quotes of its ilk, I find myself thinking:

"Thailand! Where a man's a man,
And the children dance to the pipes of Pan."

AlexSem 09-27-2006 03:09 PM

Potentially silly question but how's the climate in Thailand?

Does everyone walk around half naked? Do you sweat like a pig and have to take showers a couple times a day? Do mosquitos and the like bother you?

How cold does it get during the winter? How hot during the summer.

09-27-2006 03:13 PM

Audrey Hepburn 09-27-2006 03:14 PM

ROFLMAO

xxThe_Lebowskixx 09-27-2006 03:15 PM

its hard to describe. you probably think from reading this that they are completely powerless. this is not true. my girl is very capable of manipulating and getting what she wants. hard to explain.

09-27-2006 03:15 PM

Alobar 09-27-2006 03:16 PM

nice, and I generally dont find asians attractive.

How hard is a 10 to come by for a typical average dude traveling over there?

daryn 09-27-2006 03:18 PM

holy [censored] i just want to pack up right now and go

Soulman 09-27-2006 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as for hotness, thai women exude feminity. tehre is jsut something so intoxicating and sexy about them. maybe its because they are so conditioned to please their husband/bf. when i get free time, im going to write up an essay on difference between thai girl and western girl approach to relationship.

[/ QUOTE ]
My god that sounds boring.

Edit: FWIW, I'm 31.

09-27-2006 03:33 PM

09-27-2006 03:36 PM

Farfenugen 09-27-2006 03:40 PM

Whats up with this "saving face" BS I keep reading about? Can you really not criticise anyone?

AllinDan 09-27-2006 03:42 PM

Can you talk more about the food? is it pretty similar to what you'd find at a Thai restaurant in the states? do you get a lot of food from street vendors? sitdown restaurants? or mostly just have your harem take turns feeding you when it's not their turn to fan you with large leaves?

octopi 09-27-2006 03:42 PM

Degen;
How did you learn Thai, or have you bothered?

09-27-2006 03:44 PM

zgall1 09-27-2006 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Potentially silly question but how's the climate in Thailand?

Does everyone walk around half naked? Do you sweat like a pig and have to take showers a couple times a day? Do mosquitos and the like bother you?

How cold does it get during the winter? How hot during the summer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just there this past summer and it is disgustingly hot at times. If you are someone who sweats easily, you will be soaked all day if you are outside.

The Thai people are very modest and will never wear shorts and often wear long-sleeved shirts as well. It is crazy to see them completely comfortable in the heat while you are sweating your ass off in your shorts and t-shirt and looking for somewhere to cool off.

Mosquitos are not a big problem in Thailand if you are in the city but can be a small nuisance in the islands and more rural areas.

dinopoker 09-27-2006 03:53 PM

You know, I've always wanted to visit Thailand. Now I want to more than ever! Degan this thread is fantastic - thanks for it.

Question: How did you proceed in some of your typical pick up/hook up with the Thai girls? Can you give a mini trip report?

Edit: Not looking for lurid details - just things like where you met and how the conversation proceeded.

iron81 09-27-2006 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: Not looking for lurid details - just things like where you met and how the conversation proceeded.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lurid details and pics pls.

Alobar 09-27-2006 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah im interested in this as well.

Also this thread is making me sad im not in thialand (and that I have a gf, heh)

Jasper109 09-27-2006 04:07 PM

Awesome thread. I think Thailand just pulled slightly ahead of Costa Rica as the place I will definitely visit.

Farfenugen 09-27-2006 04:11 PM

Are sports big over there? Would it be easy for a white guy to join a local soccer team?

Have you ever had to bribe the police or a government official?

What do you do for a living over there(sorry if I missed it)?

AceCR9 09-27-2006 04:15 PM

Reading this thread makes me want to visit a lot more. I have been thinking about it over winter break.

tboss888 09-27-2006 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah im interested in this as well.

Also this thread is making me sad im not in thialand (and that I have a gf, heh)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, how do you pick up all these thai chicks if you cant even talk to them in the bar, I'm assuming you're not so hot they instantly want to [censored] you.

young Nut 09-27-2006 04:26 PM

Very cool thread, and it really makes me want to go to Thailand. Thanks for the great info degen.

kolotoure 09-27-2006 04:28 PM

If you want to communicate with people in a foreign country how about learning the language instead of bitching about how they don't speak english

09-27-2006 04:31 PM

chachi 09-27-2006 04:35 PM

How common is it to see women doing "tricks" with ping pong balls in bars?

AJFenix 09-27-2006 04:38 PM

I am a Polish / Canadian citizen. How long would I be able to stay, and what do I need to fill out?

tortman 09-27-2006 04:45 PM

Degen, you have forgotten to include some very important warning information to NOOBS in Thailand.

BE CAREFUL OF LADYBOYS.

They are all over the place and many tourists don't notice until pants come off.

A telltale sign is the Adam's apple, but I heard that some ladyboys shave these off.

And no, I have not had any first-hand experience with this.