Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222300)

09-29-2006 09:49 PM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

PokerFink 09-29-2006 09:50 PM

Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

[ QUOTE ]
(thai is tonal so its hard to spell to how it sounds)

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean like Chinese? Where a single word has four meanings depending on the intonation of your voice? Ugh. I've tried learning some mandarin, it's really really hard.

wuarhg 09-29-2006 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't have that big of a roll at the time so I had to play. I was grinding out $50 SNG's from internet cafe's for much of the trip.

I have to say that was quite an awesome experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome experience playing $50 SNGs from internet cafe´s or just the trip in general? If the former you must have alot of fun playing SNGs and yeah.. the food, I crave the food now.

Am I wrong when I imagine grinding it out at internet cafe's to be boring?

AntonHeat 09-29-2006 09:54 PM

Dam all this talk about ThaiLand really makes me want to go there asap [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

09-29-2006 09:58 PM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

wuarhg 09-29-2006 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had put my company on hold (essentially quit my job) a couple months before. Playing for a living was something I really really loved at that time. Now its kinda meh and normal, but for me then, it was the best feeling in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it makes a little more sense [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Ya it sucks playing that way...cafe's aren't 24 hours and internet can be crappy and computers worse (lotta places you can't use the laptop) etc, but it was still awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mm, yeah. It sounds like if I want to go backpacking it's probably best to just take a month off poker and just enjoy Thailand. The alternative is to get some apartment/hotel with high-speed internet connection and grind away.

The best choice seems to be to go backpacking one month (without laptop) return to Sweden and return later on to the place you liked most with laptop in hand, agree?

southerndog 09-29-2006 10:33 PM

I get the satellite package "UBC" for TV, and I think its AWESOME. I get a bunch of movie channels, and they show lots of sports, and old american TV shows I never watched. There are a LOT less commercials t odeal with.

You can get DVD's for about $1.50 to $2.00 depending on where you go and how well you bargain.

---

In my village we have a married couple that does security for our neighborhood of about 15 homes. The husband rides around on a bike at night, and makes sure everything is safe. These people are really nice, and they would do absolutely anything to help. The woman is the one who cooks my meals for me regularly. She is the best cook I've ever had. (My wife and I are currently debating whether to hire her permanently to be our chef/maid for $75/month.) .. Anyway, the interesting thing is that they are the most well liked people in the neighborhood, despite the fact that they would be considered lower class. It seems like all of the residents of the neighborhood are so busy trying to impress one another, and watch whatever they say cause Thai's are HUGE gossips, that when they're around the security people, they can just relax and enjoy their company... I go over to their little station and swill back a bunch of beers with them, and they love to try and get me drunk. I try and teach them engrish, and they try and teach me thai. Its definitely one of the better things going here for me.

naMruM 09-29-2006 10:36 PM

*grunch*
Hey I'm in Singapore now. Should I go to Thailand?

Ribsauce 09-29-2006 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Degen and Co,

When in Thailand, what do you miss from America?

[/ QUOTE ]

A good [censored] breakfast. Don't get me wrong, you can get scambled eggs and toast everyday, but I want a goddamn sasuage biscuit or gravy biscuits or a bagel with cream cheese that doesn't taste like ass.

quick question (if no one sees this within like 10 minute ignore it)

Where is the best place to buy an airline ticket from Chiang Mai to BKK? I'm about to go to a travel agent because the internet isn't helping me

farang0 09-29-2006 11:12 PM

bangkokair.com

the first and last flights of the day are half price