Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222300)

PokerFink 09-28-2006 01:38 AM

Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

[ QUOTE ]
If you like shrimp and calamari, this is the place.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, wow. Wow. Screw 2008, I'm coming sooner.

[ QUOTE ]
someone who is willing to give more of themselves to make you happy..

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok yeah I'm definitely coming.

PS Thanks for the answers Degen but you missed my question about chinese food.

southerndog 09-28-2006 01:40 AM

Pug, where'd u live in Chiang Mai? that is where I am staying now.

Who is KKF posting as now?

One other thing. You can get pure bred dogs here really cheap. I got a Golden retriever for $65, and that was paying a lot. If you go to the dog market you can pay like $40.

One thing that's kind of annoying about thai culture is that people are always asking how much you make/how much you paid for something.. "Tao Rai" means how much. I always hear my wife's family member's saying this crap. For those of you just visiting, it should't be an issue.

xxThe_Lebowskixx 09-28-2006 01:40 AM

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/Reade...reader3060.htm

tinin 09-28-2006 01:40 AM

First, I like the fact that this thread is growing about as fast as I can read it. Best OOT thread I've seen in a long time, and although I don't post I'm a religious lurker, thanks a million Degen. Makes me want to visit for a month or two, especially considering the cost.

I have come up with a few questions as I read through, but since I'm unmotivated I didn't write them down. I would have remembered them, except I'm a recovering pothead and I'm a bit drunk at the moment.

My closing comment is that I find it pissyourpants hilarious that at the moment, the bargirls.com site is experiencing difficulties due to excessive bandwidth.

By no means does this mean that I have tried to peep this site, and I know that none of 2p2 has either.

viva la biba, and go thailand

Klompy 09-28-2006 01:43 AM

degen, where's a good place fore me too look to stay for a month or so? All the better if it's with more 2+2ers.

Blarg 09-28-2006 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey degen, I'm coming to thailand and i have a feeling i'll screw up with the girls even there, will you make sure i get laid?

there are a few things i'm interested in doing in thailand and was wondering if you knew how they worked. i would like to do muay thai, learn thai cooking, and learn thai massage. anything you know about this, like is it easy to get into "schools" for these easy? how many hours is it? are there a lot of places to do these htings or just a few? thanks. oh and also scuba diving of course. and how about rock climbing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, there's the adventurous bruiser I remember from a post asking what to do with his life a few months back. Cool -- there world is way too full of cool things to be bored, especially with the kind of access poker money affords you.

southerndog 09-28-2006 01:49 AM

PokerFink,

You will find very authentic chinese food. In fact, a lot of Thai's are of chinese descent, and take pride in that.

I'm not really sure about Japanese food. I eat at a chain restaurant called "Fuji" and its really good food, i'm just not sure about authenticity.

IlPug 09-28-2006 01:49 AM

ill feild it - generally speaking chinese and thai are similar but different. while the chinese use lots of noodles in their cooking, thais use more rice..however there are plenty of dishes that are similar (lots of the stir frys for eg). if your not into hot food, but like chinese, you'll probably find most of the thai noodle dishes to your likeing.

if i had to describe thai food generally, i would say its sort of a cross between chinese, malay and indian food, but its not really similar to any one of those in particular.

someone asked abt whether or not you should worry abt islam in thailand - i would say NO. i lived a good amount of time in the south (where a the majority of the thai-islamic population is found) and have never had any issues, as most thai-islamics are only loosely islamic and despite news to the contrary, you'd be hard pressed to find any radicals living in thailand - more likely they live would be based in malaysia but of thai origin or whatever.

-pug

southerndog 09-28-2006 01:57 AM

C'mon Pug, The muslims are certainly an issue in southern thailand.

seventwo 09-28-2006 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1) I know about the 80K tax exemption, but what about taxes to Thailand? Are there any? If not, you basically get 80K of free income per year?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a tourist there. I'm not allowed to work when I am there. I am also not allowed to access Party or Neteller.

Claiming income would be like a drug dealer declaring his income, no?

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for an awesome thread guys. I think I will come visit. Degen, when you say "access" are you referring to pulling money out of your accounts for expenses in Thailand? You are still playing poker online while you are there right?