Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   6 Teams to not make the playoffs- OFFICIAL THREAD (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=497010)

DannyOcean_ 09-09-2007 11:30 PM

Re: 6 Teams to not make the playoffs- OFFICIAL THREAD

wow never mind about atl. We still should be able to run the ball hopefully. I meant joey harrington wouldn't be a step down from vick but maybe i underestimated joey's badness.

mmbt0ne 09-09-2007 11:43 PM

To be fair, Minnesota was the best team against the run last year, so that certainly factored into it. Also, plz to be using Norwood more.

RikkiDee 09-10-2007 12:25 AM

I dont get this, were you not allowed to pick San Fran, Arizona or Tampa Bay? Basically locks for this...

MacGuyV 09-10-2007 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont get this, were you not allowed to pick San Fran, Arizona or Tampa Bay? Basically locks for this...

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone in the nfc west is like a 20% shot to win the division.

Assani Fisher 09-16-2007 04:08 PM

Houston scaring anyone?

DannyOcean_ 09-16-2007 04:49 PM

Yeah i was about to come on and ask the same question. The season is FAAAAAAAAAR too young to be talking, but i have nothing better to do so...

Cleveland 7

They have a shot, maybe? Cincy's defense sucks butt, but anytime you can score 50 points you have a possibility to do well. Still very unlikely, but they maybe have a slim shot.

Oakland 7
meh, still bad. probably very safe.

Houston 5
Should be scaring people... 2-0 this could be the LOLTRICKEDU of this year.

Atlanta 5
Last time i pick the hometown team as my sleeper. You are safe with this one. 0-2 does not equal playoffs

Buffalo 5
You are safe with this one. 0-2 does not equal playoffs

Miami 4
Lost 13-16 only game so far. probably pretty safe.

Tennessee 3
1-1, not out of it yet.

Detroit 2
1-0, not out of it yet. still much more likely to miss than make obv.

Kansas City 2
Lost 20-3, is 0-1. Looks pretty safe, although flukes happen.

Green Bay 1
LOL 2-0 and a nice win today. looks like they may very possibly make the playoffs.

New York Giants 1
0-2, looks pretty safe.

DannyOcean_ 09-16-2007 04:51 PM

Also, lol at nobody choosing San Fran. I figured at least a couple people would, but they are 2-0 so good job with that one guys.

MacGuyV 09-16-2007 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Houston scaring anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, if you lock in Indy for the division....It's still going to be tough to beat out the 2nd place North/West teams for the 2 wildcard spots.

NajdorfDefense 09-16-2007 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Houston scaring anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, if you lock in Indy for the division....It's still going to be tough to beat out the 2nd place North/West teams for the 2 wildcard spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see Hou beat Tenn or Indy first. Carolina is destined to go 8-8 every year I think. At Cleve and TB no longer look like layups today. They have to finish behind no more than 1 of Denv, Jax, Tenn, Cinci, Balt, assuming the teams in front of them win the division.
Matt Schaub [who I like] and Ahman Green still have a lot to prove, like being healthy for 16 games.
Heck, even Bobby Hoying went undefeated in his first 3 starts for the Eagles 10 years ago. How do you think that team did?

Lions make me nervous.

Assani Fisher 09-16-2007 09:32 PM

Its not just the fact that they're 2-0. Its the way they've won those games.

NajdorfDefense, lets take a look at those teams you listed:

Denver: 2 very narrow wins over 2 below average teams

Jax: Got run all over by Tenn, barely beat Atl at home...this team lost their last 3 games last year and I have no clue why people think they are good

Tenn: Can't really blame them for losing to Indy, but it is a home loss nevertheless

Cincy: Defense anyone? They have destroyed Balt in recent history, so I wouldn't get too excited about that win.

Balt: Bad bad offensive showing in week 1. 7 point win over a below average team in week 2.

Contrast that to Houston. They've given up 12 points per game(and 7 of those points today were in complete garbage time: up 34-14 with 4 minutes in the game) and scored 27 in their two games. Kansas City only lost by 10 at Chicago, yet Houston beat them by 17. Schaub has 450 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT and has completed over 70% of his passes. His QB rating is over 100. Andre Johnson is making a legit claim as the best WR in the league with 14 catches for 260 yards and 3 TDs in his first two games. Green is looking very solid with just under 150 yards and 2 TDs. They have last year's DROY and Mario Williams really had a break out game in week 1.

They have been very disciplined and smart. It was extremely impressive to me how they responded today on the road and down 14-0 against a solid team.

This team will win at least 10 games imo and make the playoffs barring any huge injuries.