Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Over-played AA? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=414875)

pjcmt 05-29-2007 05:12 PM

Over-played AA?

Loose, semi-aggressive B&M 6/12. They will raise with their best hands but shut down quickly to raises. Villian is semi-loose preflop and plays well post flop. He will also shut down when raised and assume the worst.

Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in SB. 3 limpers. Villian is in MP3 - raises. Folded to Hero - reraises. 2 callers, Villian calls. Flop is:

K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets, folded around to Villian - Calls. HU

Turn is J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero bets, villian raises, hero 3 bets. Villian calls

River is J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero?

Ricks 05-29-2007 05:24 PM

Re: Over-played AA?

Bets. It is more likely that Villain has a King than a Jack. If your read of Villain is accurate, you should feel comfortable folding to a raise.

Dan87 05-29-2007 07:49 PM

the jack is a decent card for you, id bet/call, if i felt like i had an amazing read id bet/fold, but i hate folding the river for one more (probably a leak)

gameoverjc 05-29-2007 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is semi-loose preflop and plays well post flop. He will also shut down when raised and assume the worst.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the turn I'd put villian, if he plays as well as you say, on pocket 10's or K-J suited (unlikely, but maybe he spewed an extra bet with A-K or K-Q). I would c/c against THIS VILLIAN in THIS SPOT.

If he got there with some garbage like Kojack - J10, then he is already there. Too dangerous of a board against a smart post flop player to be value betting (no draw made it by the river, so he would just fold), and you already got an extra bet on the turn.

Position would be nice here.

ProfessorBen 05-30-2007 09:39 AM

Bet/call turn.
Bet/fold river.

Xhad 05-30-2007 10:51 AM

Turn 3bet is horrendous, especially against that opponent. You are seeing the nuts more often than anything that beats you (not that you should fold, but damn)

jeffnc 05-30-2007 01:51 PM

Folding this hand is bad, so don't take any line that makes you feel compelled to do so. If you are going to fold to a river raise, then don't bet the river. (You are beating KT now by the way, but you would know better than I how likely that hand is.)

Xhad 05-30-2007 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding this hand is bad, so don't take any line that makes you feel compelled to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against this player, on that board, folding AA is not unthinkable.

jeffnc 05-30-2007 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Folding this hand is bad, so don't take any line that makes you feel compelled to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against this player, on that board, folding AA is not unthinkable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty weak statement, isn't it? Could you possibly cover your bases a little more?

Xhad 05-30-2007 03:18 PM

Description of Villain from OP:

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is semi-loose preflop and plays well post flop. He will also shut down when raised and assume the worst.

[/ QUOTE ]

He raised preflop and was 3bet, then called the flop and raised the turn now that it's 3-broadway. The hand hero actually has is near the bottom of his range, and this is a villain who is decent and plays scared, and he went with a call flop/raise turn line which may be a slowplay or it may mean the J improved his hand, and either way we're in trouble unless the hand he slowplayed was AK/KQ. The J on the river is actually good for us but that doesn't mean we automatically have to show down. I think bet/fold is best here simply because the only hands we realistically beat on the turn, AK/KQ/QQ (and I'm not sure the latter two are even in his range) may or may not bet the river but are definitely not raising.