Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Microscopic sample size STAT checkup plz (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541913)

private joker 11-17-2007 01:41 AM

Re: Microscopic sample size STAT checkup plz

OK, played twice as many hands now: here's the update -- obviously I've started defending the BB a lot more. I think I'm breaking even from it.

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/900/4k5shortqr0.jpg

Problem is my ASB hasn't risen, but I really think I'm stealing most of my playable hands. I guess sometimes I'm laying down like K2o and Q5o; I take it that's bad? I also pass up T5s and 95s and stuff like that. Maybe the sample size is just too small to really see my ASB, or else I'm just a pussy.

How's the WTSD? Is 39 about right?

NinaWilliams 11-17-2007 02:40 AM

I steal with Q5o and K2o in the sb a lot but not on the button. My opening range in the CO is something like 78s+ AXs K6s+ K9o+ JTo+ 44+ A5o+ Q8s+. My range OTB is Ax, K7o+, 57s+, J7s+, Q5s+, 22+, Q9o+, 98o+. I'll frequently go lower by a couple notches if the conditions are good. Is this similar to what you're opening?

yourface 11-18-2007 05:18 AM

PJ K2o and Q5o are crap but make sure you are stealing with hands like 78o and 46s when you have weak players in the blinds. people are bad at poker you can def show a profit with these hands

you fold your BB a lot to steal. try messing around with pokerstove a bunch and see what your hot and cold equity is like - stoxtrader recommends calling with 35%+, and less when you have a postflop edge

SuperUberBob 11-18-2007 06:18 AM

You're playing way too tight from the blinds and the button.

Loosen up there and your stats will be much better.

Bruce D 11-18-2007 07:41 AM

Nina, do you steal with those (Q5 and K2) because it's cheaper than stealing on the btn?

Apanage 11-18-2007 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I steal with Q5o and K2o in the sb a lot but not on the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a 50-60% SBstealer you really just have to raise most flops regardless what you have and reraise 30% of your hands preflop.
It is easy money adjusting to an overstealer from SB because position rules.

private joker 11-18-2007 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PJ K2o and Q5o are crap but make sure you are stealing with hands like 78o and 46s when you have weak players in the blinds. people are bad at poker you can def show a profit with these hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting, I'll try that. I have been folding 64s and the like. I'm also going to try more aggression in SB vs BB confrontations.

vmacosta 11-18-2007 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a 50-60% SBstealer you really just have to raise most flops regardless what you have and reraise 30% of your hands preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when is 50-60% overstealing from the SB?

Apanage 11-18-2007 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when is 50-60% overstealing from the SB?

[/ QUOTE ]

When we meet good players that are playing back,reraises a lot of their hands preflop and never folds preflop.When they raise flop with air and marginal hands.

When we meet loose aggressives that makes the same thing.
When you meet loose passive showdownmonkeys and you hammer 76o into them.

The only reason to steal 60% is if people fold preflop.When people donīt I donīt like a 60% steal range that much and I would certainly call one that continues to do it an overstealer.