Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529488)

Tachyon 10-26-2007 02:02 PM

Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
Dear FT,

The longer you go without even contacting this customer while she is VERY POLITELY begging you to do so regarding her $47-FREAKING-K...the more potential customers you will scare away.

For $47k being locked-up I believe this customer deserves a phone-call or three updating her on the situation.
Yeah yeah yeah...you don't normally have phone-support. But obviously your e-mail stuff is pretty darned slow and I think somebody over there can take time out of their busy schedule to keep this customer informed. Sorry if it breaks up your day and all and you really don't feel like doin git because you have better things to do like fixing your laggy software or something. And I think it's great that guys like Doug and Sean make up for some of the lack of contact with your customers by appearing on these forums every once in awhile. But people are getting kind of sick of reading of all the situations like this where the communication is practically zero.

Several months ago there was a commitment made on these forums to improve in matters such as this. Well, picking up the phone and calling your customer who is likely really freaking out about their $47-FREAKING-K would be a nice way to START to make good on such a commitment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing has changed, other than the broken record that is played every time something like this happens to a player.

apefish 10-26-2007 02:43 PM

It's pushing three days since Sean posted and no new word, not even some "we still don't have all the info we need but we haven't just forgotten".
Is that how I'm reading it at this point?

MicroBob 10-26-2007 02:54 PM

sillysal posted right after sean that she had just heard from somebody in support right as Sean was replying.
Perhaps Sean thought this meant she was satisfied for the time-being and that she no longer needed to hear back from him or something like that.

But I think keeping the customer updated practically every day wouldn't be too over-the-top for a situation like this. And the customer shouldn't have to hound/beg you all the time just to get updates.

And the customer shouldn't have to sit there and think, "Has it been long enough since the last e-mail I sent? I don't want to bug them too much since they do have my money afterall. Okay, I think it's been long enough now."

One starts to get afraid that FT is going to get ticked at the customer asking them over and over, "any update? can I have my money yet?"
The customer shouldn't be made to feel that FT is pretty much thinking/saying, "just be patient and please stop bugging us about it."

And this whole business of saying they'll get back to you within 2 days or whatever and then NOT doing it is really pathetic. Then you respond a day or two after that saying, "It's now been 4 days and you said you would get back to me in 2 days. Please let me know what's going on."

Predator314 10-26-2007 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sillysal,

I'll touch base with the security team on your case. While I don't know the details of your situation, it's likely they are waiting on information from other sources.

This doesn't excuse you being kept in the dark though. I'll see what I can find out by tomorrow.

Sean

[/ QUOTE ]

It is inexcusible. I've read several of these threads and every person is kept in the dark. That's like getting tried for murder, but not knowing what teh charge is until after the jury has made the verdict.

sillysal 10-26-2007 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's pushing three days since Sean posted and no new word, not even some "we still don't have all the info we need but we haven't just forgotten".
Is that how I'm reading it at this point?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is how you read it. Just about 15 minutes ago, Sean PM'd me and said that FTP invetigation team would be contacting me later today. I appreciate him contacting me.

I was writing about once a day and then got a letter back from them saying that I was actually slowing down the investigation. So I chilled for 4 days and then started posting after I heard nothing from them.

I don't want to be a FTP basher. I have up to this point had no problems with this site and have actually had some complaints I've made turn to my favor. I received bot money back during the whole bot scandal and while they have been slow in the past in returning e mails, overall it's been a good relationship.

However, I just know that if I was holding 47 grand of theirs they wouldn't accept "please be patient" and "we understand the situation this is putting you in" . Nor would they accept NO contact for 4 days.

I want online poker to survie and thrive. I want the sites to be diligent in our protection. By the same token, when situations like these arise communication is vital. I've made myself 100 % available to FTP. I will keep you all posted and again thanks for the support.

Nairb 10-26-2007 03:25 PM

There is almost a DAILY thread on here how FT has screwed someone one way or the other. Is rakeback such a benefit that people would play on such a shady site over earning FPPs at Stars?

FWIW I have never or will never play on Full Tilt so I have no experience with this but there are SO MANY threads like this it would make me never trust this site.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...

jkpoker 10-26-2007 03:54 PM

My guess would be there timing sucks ass to because they had one of there down times soon after they locked your account.

Basically this is the first time ihave ever emailed and not gotten fast responses even though people always complain.

This really sucks i just dont get why full tilt seems to do this so randomly.

MicroBob 10-26-2007 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was writing about once a day and then got a letter back from them saying that I was actually slowing down the investigation.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

This is SOOOOOO pathetic.
FTP - YOU SUCK YOU SUCK YOU SUCK YOU SUCK!!!!

FWIW - if all they're doing is waiting around for somebody's charges to clear or for someone else to send in ID then I don't see how sillysal's e-mails can be slowing their investigation at all.

And if it's really a matter of these e-mails getting in the way of their work or checking HH's or whatever and that reading and writing to their customers is really so time-consuming then that implies that they are taking an abnormally long time to do whatever the hell it is that needs to be done.

The more likely scenario is that they have to sit around and wait for some charge to clear or something but that they just don't want to deal with their customers' e-mails.

So they fire back a good old "the more you write to us, the longer we're going to take...nyah nyah nyah!!!"

Maybe if they actually responded within 3 days or whatever when they say that's what they're going to do they wouldn't have to deal with their customers always saying, "It's now been a week since you told me I would hear from you within 2 days. Please let me know you haven't forgot about me."

Seriously...tellling their customer to STOP WRITING TO THEM because it will make their investigation take longer is so horrible.

FTP Sean and Doug - I know I've been tough in my criticisms of you before but I really have been pulling for you guys because I think FT's success would be good for all of online-poker and I think the more options in safe and secure sites everyone has the better off everyone is.
Believe it or not, I have actually been restrained in some of my previous criticisms as you may be able to tell by my rapidly changing tone through this situation.

but I'm kind of sick of being polite I guess. You guys are not only keeping your own player in the dark but somebody there actually told her to stop bugging them or else they would take longer to get her the money back.

i think there are some serious customer-service issues that FT needs to address right-away. Not of the "we're looking into it and hope to make it better within a few months..." but now.

turtle82 10-26-2007 07:32 PM

Am I the only one here that sees a possibility that FTP has strong evidence that OP violated some rules? I'm not saying OP is or accusing or anything, but PERHAPS there is reason FTP did this to a 47k customer. Its pretty easy to jump on the "i hate ftp" bandwagon, but lets say that they come out with information in a few days that shows OP used a bot, or cheated somehow. Then, would you still bash FTP for the way they handled this situation?

I'm not trying to insinuate anything, but I just think theres a reason FTP security is doing things the way they are, and I feel its for protection of players. I've never heard of them to take anyone's money without cause.

OP if you have done nothing wrong, then you really do have nothing to worry about. imo

MicroBob 10-26-2007 07:42 PM

"Then, would you still bash FTP for the way they handled this situation?"

Yes. There is no excuse for not communicating with their customers.
There is even less excuse for the statements they actually are giving when they do bother to communicate which include:

"Be patient. We'll contact you in 72 hours" when they apparently won't and possibly had no intention of doing so as evidenced by their failure to follow-through on such a promise in previous situations...or...
"Stop bugging us or we will freeze your money even longer" which is essentially what they said.

Yes, there's a chance that OP really did do something wrong.
But they've had this kind of lack of communication and really lengthy delays in the past for perfectly innocent players.
And whether guilty or innocent I think the site has an obligation to inform their players of what is going on and to actually RESPOND to e-mails.

Your point is valid though that they apparently haven't confiscated funds from innocent players in the past or, at least, don't seem to have a history of it,
Off the top of my head, the poster LimitNinja might disagree with that but despite his protestations to the contrary a few months ago I don't think many people here believed that FT nabbed an innocent dude in that situation.