Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   BRAG: I made a prop bet with durrr. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521275)

gobbomom 10-12-2007 10:07 PM

Re: BRAG: I made a prop bet with durrr.

[ QUOTE ]

A thin, brainless healthy person?

[/ QUOTE ]

fixed that for ya. You obviously just scooted through to make a stab at Jimmy, because clearly your buddies with their mommies cooking for them while they go to the gym 5 hours a wk. don't: travel all over the world playing 12 hrs. of poker a day- spending $$$ eating the best foods at the best restaurants- but instead put their DESIRE to lose weight at the top of their priority list. Kind of like I said is necessary. reading comprehension ftw.

TomHimself 10-12-2007 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, I forgot a 4th, most important point: DESIRE
ya gotta want it- more than anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Omg I can see why your son is soo overweight. 'Wanting it more than anything else?' - BS. How hard is it for a young man to do some exercise and eat better foods? A few of my friends were really quite large at school and now look very trim. They went to the gym 4-5 times a week for an hour and their mom's made them healthier food. They told me it was an absolute piece of cake to shed the weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

who in the world are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

A thin, healthy person?

[/ QUOTE ]ur a fagget plain and simple. stfu

Thremp 10-12-2007 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fixed that for ya. You obviously just scooted through to make a stab at Jimmy, because clearly your buddies with their mommies cooking for them while they go to the gym 5 hours a wk. don't: travel all over the world playing 12 hrs. of poker a day- spending $$$ eating the best foods at the best restaurants- but instead put their DESIRE to lose weight at the top of their priority list. Kind of like I said is necessary. reading comprehension ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats it like having a hideous child and making excuses for them?

As an aside: There are plenty of people who work 12 hours a day, eat the finest foods and travel all over the world who aren't morbidly obese.

suzzer99 10-12-2007 10:26 PM

I lost 50lbs in college in about 6 months. My metabolism has been [censored] up ever since. I gain weight looking at food. I get more exercise and eat less than most people I know and I just maintain.

OP, if you really do this through ridiculous amounts of exercise, and not ridiculously starving yourself you'll be ok. But you basically would have to go from a big dough-ball to an exercise junkie overnight. I don't think that happens on command. Otherwise you'll be starving yourself to a degree, and possibly be in my boat the rest of your life. You probably don't have a great metabolism to begin with.

30 with water weight is probably a lot less severe than 50 though.

Jay Riall 10-12-2007 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As an aside: There are plenty of people who work 12 hours a day, eat the finest foods and travel all over the world who aren't morbidly obese.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I actually wasn't attacking Jimmy orginally, but your views on weight loss. Good on Jimmy for doing all those things, but he seriously needs to learn to prioritise better if playing 12 hours of poker a day and eating at great restaurants is more important to him than his health and his life-span.

gobbomom 10-12-2007 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus, this gets old. I'm not making excuses if you could manage actually reading. I'm saying AGAIN, that Jimmy has to WANT to lose weight, more than he wants to eat expensive, mouthwatering, world-class food, and he has to WANT to get some exercise MORE than he wants to sit on his ass playing poker. I can't tie him in a high chair and force feed him carrots anymore.

As for your insults, thanks. You're a real classy guy.

rothko 10-12-2007 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good point, thremp. you sure owned gobbomom.

augie_ 10-12-2007 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Omg I can see why your son is soo overweight. 'Wanting it more than anything else?' - BS. How hard is it for a young man to do some exercise and eat better foods? A few of my friends were really quite large at school and now look very trim. They went to the gym 4-5 times a week for an hour and their mom's made them healthier food. They told me it was an absolute piece of cake to shed the weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A thin, healthy person?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe so, but that doesn't make you any less of a douchebag loser.

Jay Riall 10-12-2007 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A thin, healthy person?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but everything I said is the truth.

bap2086 10-12-2007 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf, is durr an idiot?

This is like the easiest bet in the world to win. I could lose 30 pounds in 3 months and I have less than 10% body fat

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ya right

xSCWx 10-13-2007 12:02 AM

take some laxatives and [censored] it out

juttelstud 10-13-2007 12:29 AM

Anybody ruining this thread with [censored] talking about Gobbo is a [censored] classless prick. F all of you. Calling the dude hideous? Grow up

rothko 10-13-2007 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A thin, healthy person?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but everything I said is the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, no and mainly it's just none of your [censored] business.

Triumph36 10-13-2007 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus, this gets old. I'm not making excuses if you could manage actually reading. I'm saying AGAIN, that Jimmy has to WANT to lose weight, more than he wants to eat expensive, mouthwatering, world-class food, and he has to WANT to get some exercise MORE than he wants to sit on his ass playing poker. I can't tie him in a high chair and force feed him carrots anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thremp shortstacks for a living - he's 20 BBs of hate.

So you can't hold that against him, I'd be a mean-spirited [censored] if I did that too.

Tickner 10-13-2007 01:08 AM

fwiw, im on a very low carb diet, and ive lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks, its not related to dehydration, its healthy, and im losing WAY more fat than muscle mass. In fact, muscle has stayed pretty much constant. BTW I sit down all day and don't exercise.

Jay Riall 10-13-2007 01:29 AM

Tickner - there is absolutely no way you have lost 15lb in fat in 2 weeks without chopping off a limb. A lot of this has to be water weight I'm sure.

Tickner 10-13-2007 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tickner - there is absolutely no way you have lost 15lb in fat in 2 weeks without chopping off a limb. A lot of this has to be water weight I'm sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

In an nutshell your body gets energy from 3 sources, in order: 1. carbs/sugars, 2. fat+muscle

If you deplete your carb/sugar, your body is forced to take energy by burning your stored energy (fat), and muscle. With a high protein diet + supplements its possible to target the fat and retain your muscle.

Perhaps some of it is water weight but honestly, I can see results, and I doubt that "most of it" is a result of water weight.

Search the Matol diet if you want to learn more.

Mr_Mxyztplk 10-13-2007 03:16 PM

I weigh 225, i'd bet 10k I could lose 50 pounds in 6 months

Rootabager 10-13-2007 03:50 PM

best like this are only "fair" if you have alot of stipulations on them. Like you have to lose 30 pounds and keep it off for a couple weeks or something.

If you are only trying to win the bet you can prolly just starve yourself for a couple of days and take alot of diuretics and lose 30 pounds immediatly.

On howard stern this year they have a 25k weight loss challenge. They were all over 250 pounds when they started.

The contest lasted 8 weeks.

Benji won and lost 64 pounds in 8 weeks!!!!

He starved and dehydrated himself for the last week and lost like 27 pounds the last WEEK.

He might have been alot fatter than you with alot more water weight and stuff, but if you are trying to win 30 pounds is easy.

If you are trying to lose 30 pounds of fat it will be hard.

This is some of the ways they won
* using rapid weight loss supplements, water pills, diuretics
* fasting / starving themselves
* vomiting
* extreme periods in saunas and steam rooms
* etc.

durr is screwed if your crooked.

Thremp 10-13-2007 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're lying. No fat person wants to be healthy more than eating. DUCY?

I like how you challenge my reading comprehension and point out my comments as insults while appearing to take a moral high ground, yet the first thing you do in responses to myself and Jay Riall is insult us. I have no problem with you or Jimmy (nor do I care who this person is), but I'm on a quest to eliminate stupidity and lies. So far its not progressing.

Thremp 10-13-2007 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
best like this are only "fair" if you have alot of stipulations on them. Like you have to lose 30 pounds and keep it off for a couple weeks or something.

If you are only trying to win the bet you can prolly just starve yourself for a couple of days and take alot of diuretics and lose 30 pounds immediatly.

On howard stern this year they have a 25k weight loss challenge. They were all over 250 pounds when they started.

The contest lasted 8 weeks.

Benji won and lost 64 pounds in 8 weeks!!!!

He starved and dehydrated himself for the last week and lost like 27 pounds the last WEEK.

He might have been alot fatter than you with alot more water weight and stuff, but if you are trying to win 30 pounds is easy.

If you are trying to lose 30 pounds of fat it will be hard.

This is some of the ways they won
* using rapid weight loss supplements, water pills, diuretics
* fasting / starving themselves
* vomiting
* extreme periods in saunas and steam rooms
* etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also take years off your life with some of these techniques, and if you go a little too crazy you'll kill yourself. To think you can lose 30 lbs legit in 3 months is lol. To think that its fair if you can prepare for the weigh in, weigh out and its only scale weight is asinine as well. I could probably do this bet with a little bit of prep.

iMsoLucky0 10-13-2007 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankfully for both of us I'm not crooked. I made this bet because I want to get healthy and feel/look better. Now if I'm within a few pounds at the weigh-in day I may or may not shave a few pounds however possible, but I won't be losing 10+ lbs in <5 days at the end to win. I will definitely honor the spirit of the bet (which is to make me skinnier and healthier) as much as possible.

Thremp 10-13-2007 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankfully for both of us I'm not crooked. I made this bet because I want to get healthy and feel/look better. Now if I'm within a few pounds at the weigh-in day I may or may not shave a few pounds however possible, but I won't be losing 10+ lbs in <5 days at the end to win. I will definitely honor the spirit of the bet (which is to make me skinnier and healthier) as much as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then this is probably the crown jewel of durrrr prop bets. Too bad its like a gold medal in the special olympics.

Rootabager 10-13-2007 07:58 PM

"You also take years off your life with some of these techniques, and if you go a little too crazy you'll kill yourself. To think you can lose 30 lbs legit in 3 months is lol. To think that its fair if you can prepare for the weigh in, weigh out and its only scale weight is asinine as well. I could probably do this bet with a little bit of prep."

obv it's bad for you. I dont think anyone is going to dispute that fact.

Thremp 10-13-2007 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"You also take years off your life with some of these techniques, and if you go a little too crazy you'll kill yourself. To think you can lose 30 lbs legit in 3 months is lol. To think that its fair if you can prepare for the weigh in, weigh out and its only scale weight is asinine as well. I could probably do this bet with a little bit of prep."

obv it's bad for you. I dont think anyone is going to dispute that fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean... I think he should know he could kill himself taking a buncha diuretics and then sitting in the sauna. But after that Daliman BAC thread in OOT, I feel like I need to give a warning after I type YSSCKY lest I get charged with manslaughter for some of the people here.

Dakotasdad 10-13-2007 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ship the money, he is the world's worst prop better.

The bet: I weigh 230 lbs. 3 months from 3 days ago (when the bet was placed), I have to weigh less than 200 lbs.

I think I am a huge favorite and basically knew I'd win when durrr took the bet.

Yayy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat u = fatty

Outlaw4033 10-13-2007 09:28 PM

30 lbs in 3 months is 2.5 lbs a week. It's certainly doable with a good diet and plenty of exercise. I went from 303 to 273 between June 6th and September 6th of this year. A far stretch from the 225 I was 4 years ago when I graduated from highschool, but I'm getting back slowly but surely.

My eating regiment is pretty straight forward. For breakfast I eat 2 Egg Beaters, 1 Egg, 2 Pieces Sara Lee Whole Wheat Bread, 3 pieces Extra-Lean Turkey Bacon, 1 Banana, and 8 oz. Orange Juice. About 3 hours later I'll eat a Turkey Sandwhich (Sara Lee Wholewheat Bread with lean, deli-cut turkey breast meat), as well as some fruit and a bottle of water. After my workout I eat a tuna sandwhich (Sara Lee Wholewheat bread, one can Sunkist Low-Sodium Tuna in Water), some more fruit (A few slices of cantaloupe, strawberries, a banana, whatever is around) and drink more water. My last meal of the day is generally skinless, boneless chicken breast, rice, more fruit, and some more water. I generally eat two snacks a day as well. I bought some low-calorie snacks from 24 Hr. Fitness that only have about 110-130 Caloires in them and they hold me over till the next meal.

My workout regiment is pretty tough. I do cardio 6 days a week, and I workout 3 days a week. My cardio Monday-Wednesday is about an hour and a half of full court basketball. When I weighed 303 I couldn't do this, so I started on the exercise bike, moved to the eliptical machine, and finally the basketbal court. Playing basketball burns a ton of calories and despite being overweight I'm still an exceptional athlete (I'm 6'0" and can grab the rim, and hit the 3 with consistancy. I also was recruited to play D-I Football coming out of HS). Thursday-Saturday I'm getting a bit worn down so I just do 40 minutes on the eliptical machine. It's still good for 600ish calories though.

I also workout with a personal trainer on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday. We do about 20 minutes of "Core" exercises each day. On Tuesday we do upper body (Chest, Back, Shoulders, and Arms), Tuesday we do lower body (Legs and Glutes), and Saturday is a total body workout. By the time Saturday rolls around I'm pretty drained and can feel the soreness pretty heavily, especially in my legs, hips, and glutes.

Sunday I lay in my comfy-ass chair and watch football for 12 hours, and by the time Monday rolls around I'm fully rested and ready to get after it again.

This kinda turned into a brag-post, but whatever. It can be done, and you'll feel and look SO much better 30 lbs lighter.

EDIT: Also, take a performance multi-vitamin and make sure to get plenty of rest. They will make a HUGE difference!

mrjetguy 10-13-2007 10:48 PM

depending on your height this could be very easy with proper motivation.

Jay Riall 10-13-2007 10:54 PM

<3 Thremp. Even though I don't

Thremp 10-13-2007 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I'm pretty indifferent. She gave bad advice. Then someone took a shot at her son and she fired back with more BS.

I kinda feel like Lou P. in the aquafina commercial. Even if I don't feel like being a douche troll, I have to keep the fans happy.

iMsoLucky0 10-14-2007 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ship the money, he is the world's worst prop better.

The bet: I weigh 230 lbs. 3 months from 3 days ago (when the bet was placed), I have to weigh less than 200 lbs.

I think I am a huge favorite and basically knew I'd win when durrr took the bet.

Yayy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat u = fatty

[/ QUOTE ]

Not for long [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

FatalError 10-14-2007 01:33 AM

updates? am i wrong that you should be losing about half your goal amount in the first month?

i think this will be close but willpower alone can win this bet and will be the deciding factor

Daliman 10-14-2007 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[x] Received Drunk IM from iMsoLucky0

[/ QUOTE ]

Thremp 10-14-2007 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
updates? am i wrong that you should be losing about half your goal amount in the first month?

i think this will be close but willpower alone can win this bet and will be the deciding factor

[/ QUOTE ]

No you are ridiculously wrong. If you think you can recomp that fast, I'd be glad to take your money.

Yeti 10-14-2007 05:42 AM

jay riall can be an ass but he didn't even come across that bad in this thread.

all that 'world class mouthwatering food' stuff is hilarious

Alobar 10-14-2007 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I'm pretty indifferent. She gave bad advice. Then someone took a shot at her son and she fired back with more BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

how is saying her son has to actually want to lose weight before it will happen, bad advice?

Thremp 10-14-2007 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how is saying her son has to actually want to lose weight before it will happen, bad advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. Desire is one of teh ghey terms for people who claim to want to do something but don't do it. Especially for something so trivial as weight loss. "Wanting it" isn't gonna make you not "not eating" is whats gonna make you not fat. Even if you must choose between mouth watering, delectable, scintillating food served at the finest restaurants by the snootiest of chefs compared to the swill that thin people force themselves to eat that is served in the homes and prepared with their own loathsome labours. (Note funny spelling of labor for increased presumptuousness)

Daliman 10-14-2007 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. Desire is one of teh ghey terms for people who claim to want to do something but don't do it. Especially for something so trivial as weight loss. "Wanting it" isn't gonna make you not "not eating" is whats gonna make you not fat. Even if you must choose between mouth watering, delectable, scintillating food served at the finest restaurants by the snootiest of chefs compared to the swill that thin people force themselves to eat that is served in the homes and prepared with their own loathsome labours. (Note funny spelling of labor for increased presumptuousness)

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, while I have no axe to grind whatsoever with gobbo, I'm guessing he was heavy b4 he became the world-traveling gourmand his mother makes him out to be now. His chosen vocation can't help matters though.

Alobar 10-14-2007 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like you thremp, but you are completely ignorant to the way most fat people think and feel and the reasons for many of them being fat.

Its understandable, most athletic people cant fathom what the big deal is. Just dont eat so much and work out, its retardedly simple. But there is much more to it than that. Its like telling a junkie "just stop putting a needle in your vein, whats the big deal, its easy".

The mind is a powerful and its not the easiest thing in the world to just wake up one morning and decide you are suddenly going to stop being self loathing, overcome your fear of change, and set yourself on the loooong overwhelming seemingly impossible journy to where you want to be. Why do chicks stay with guys who beat them? Why cant some world of warcraft geek just go up and hit on a hot girl? Why can't the pit degen stop playing craps? Why cant the alcoholic just stop drinking? All these things seem simple enough to fix for the people who arent going through it.

Thremp 10-14-2007 08:38 PM

Alobar,

I'm flattered you like me. Maybe we can date?

But no, maybe I am underestimating it. I'm a big proponent of self-control and responsibility. Shifting blame seems to be a hallmark of "addicts". If they just acknowledged they are weak people who are unable to overcome bad habits they rationally should not have. I'd consider being more understanding.