Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   World Series Game 3 - Dice K v. Fogg (Sox 2-0) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532745)

Jurollo 10-27-2007 06:11 PM

World Series Game 3 - Dice K v. Fogg (Sox 2-0)

Big game tonight, if Dice K holds up and gets the W it ends the WS basically, if Fogg pulls it out and the Rocks win we *could* have a series again. Go Sox!!!

TomHimself 10-27-2007 06:15 PM

Re: World Series Game 3 - Dice K v. Fogg (Sox 2-0)

rockies win. count it

Matt Williams 10-27-2007 06:15 PM

I think Rockies win next 2 and Beckett and Schill win games 5 and 6.

Jurollo 10-27-2007 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be sort of storybook for Schill. Here is a question for everyone. If the Sox win this series and Schill goes elsewhere do you think he would go into the HoF for the Sox? Would he need to play one more year here to do that?

anatta 10-27-2007 06:28 PM

Sox need to find that happy medium vs Fogg. On the one hand, they want to be patient, this guy isn't going to explode some gas by them with 2 strikes. So, you know, look for something up in the zone that you can drive, blah, blah, blah.

But Fogg knows this, he is going to try to tease them, sink some, move some, change speeds. Pitch to contact like they say, but get them to try to do too much, so lots of ground balls. Along these lines of not trying to do too much, I will, for the time being, leave all this up to Dave Magadan and each individual player.

I hope Dice K really brings the control today. He's got that Japanese number of days off, he should have been able to throw on the side like he did over there, and come in rested. He can really be nasty, but he hasn't shown it consistently (Joeism I know).

xorbie 10-27-2007 06:28 PM

Rox can take game 4 for all I care, but I want to see DiceK smoke em.

Matt Williams 10-27-2007 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be sort of storybook for Schill. Here is a question for everyone. If the Sox win this series and Schill goes elsewhere do you think he would go into the HoF for the Sox? Would he need to play one more year here to do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's a definate HoF'er. He has to go in as a Red Sox. It may take him a few tries to get in, but he will evenually I think.

Matt Williams 10-27-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sox need to find that happy medium vs Fogg. On the one hand, they want to be patient, this guy isn't going to explode some gas by them with 2 strikes. So, you know, look for something up in the zone that you can drive, blah, blah, blah.

But Fogg knows this, he is going to try to tease them, sink some, move some, change speeds. Pitch to contact like they say, but get them to try to do too much, so lots of ground balls. Along these lines of not trying to do too much, I will, for the time being, leave all this up to Dave Magadan and each individual player.

I hope Dice K really brings the control today. He's got that Japanese number of days off , he should have been able to throw on the side like he did over there, and come in rested. He can really be nasty, but he hasn't shown it consistently (Joeism I know).

[/ QUOTE ]

Racist.

anatta 10-27-2007 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I hope Dice K really brings the control today. He's got that Japanese number of days off , he should have been able to throw on the side like he did over there, and come in rested. He can really be nasty, but he hasn't shown it consistently (Joeism I know).

[/ QUOTE ]

Racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn Chinaman better earn his pay tonight.

anatta 10-27-2007 06:52 PM

So what? We're not talking about the guys who built the railroads here.

Russ M. 10-27-2007 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://feralboy.com/images/walter.jpg

ajml 10-27-2007 06:53 PM

I don't want to sidetrack this thread but Schilling going in as a Red Sox? Really? He's only played a few years here and been probably the least dominant.

Toro 10-27-2007 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's a definate HoF'er. He has to go in as a Red Sox. It may take him a few tries to get in, but he will evenually I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless post season is pro-rated way higher than I think it is, I don't think Schill is a definite HFer at all. In fact, odds are he probably won't get in unless he pitches 2 more years and gets about 30 more career wins.

Ser William 10-27-2007 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to sidetrack this thread but Schilling going in as a Red Sox? Really? He's only played a few years here and been probably the least dominant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same argument as Clemens going in as a Yankee. Does the player get to choose or does MLB? If MLB gets to choose he'll probably go in as a Philly. Otherwise, assuming he wins 2 titles with the Sox, there is a pretty good chance he'd choose Boston. At least if you can believe him from what he says.

Matt Williams 10-27-2007 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless post season is pro-rated way higher than I think it is, I don't think Schill is a definite HFer at all. In fact, odds are he probably won't get in unless he pitches 2 more years and gets about 30 more career wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you compare his career with Mike Mussina, he has more K's and a lower ERA. Mussina has more wins though. There is no way Mussina is a better pitcher than Schilling. But the voters will be more willing to vote him in than Schilling because he has 250 wins. Add in the post-season stats, and it's a no brainer.

jogsxyz 10-27-2007 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignorant racist.

Jurollo 10-27-2007 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is the breakdown:

PHI - 8.5 Seasons (0 Rings)
101W - 78L, 1554K's, 3.35ERA

ARZ - 3.5 Seasons (1 Ring)
58W - 28L, 875K's, 3.14ERA

BOS - 4 Seasons* (1 Ring*)
53W - 29L, 574K's, 3.95ERA

Winning %
ARZ - 67.4%
PHI - 56.4%
BOS - 64.6%

Matt Williams 10-27-2007 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same argument as Clemens going in as a Yankee. Does the player get to choose or does MLB? If MLB gets to choose he'll probably go in as a Philly. Otherwise, assuming he wins 2 titles with the Sox, there is a pretty good chance he'd choose Boston. At least if you can believe him from what he says.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think the Hall of Fame itself votes on the team the player gets in as. I remember something about Boggs wanting to go in as a Devil Ray because they let him hit # 3,000 and the Hall said no. I mean, WTF? Boggs as a Devil Ray? LOL.

Jurollo 10-27-2007 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

216 Wins, 3,000+ K's .. Top 5 postseason pitcher? I think he'll get in 2nd or 3rd ballot, if not sneak in on 1st, depends on the class strength.

Matt Williams 10-27-2007 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

216 Wins, 3,000+ K's .. Top 5 postseason pitcher? I think he'll get in 2nd or 3rd ballot, if not sneak in on 1st, depends on the class strength.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%.

ajml 10-27-2007 07:29 PM

I agree he gets in, even as a Red Sox fan I really don't think he should go in as one. Obviously I think Clemens should.

Jurollo 10-27-2007 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree he gets in, even as a Red Sox fan I really don't think he should go in as one. Obviously I think Clemens should.

[/ QUOTE ]
I mean he was a good pitcher for PHI but I guess it depends on how they wait different things. If the Sox close this series out and somehow get him to come back again next year I think that would solidify him going in for the Sox, 5 yrs, two rings and much of the national conscience will remember him as a Red Sox player, circa bloody sock. A lot of it comes down to how bitter negotiations get in the off season if they part ways but I think in the end the Hall and Schill will look for a reason to justify going in for Boston rather then looking at it objectively.

anatta 10-27-2007 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignorant racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't tell Dhamma Magazine, I'm a shoe-in for my 5th Yogin of the Year award.

crzylgs 10-27-2007 08:08 PM

goddamn the fox pregame makes me wanna kill the whole world

Jorge10 10-27-2007 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
goddamn the fox pregame makes me wanna kill the whole world

[/ QUOTE ]

I am watching this in Fox Sports en Espanol because I dont have local channels here with Directv. The pregame show sucks in spanish as well. So many damn Omar Vizquel references. I dont know why or how. The spanish dudes just worship him for some reason. I now hate that guy.

Russ M. 10-27-2007 08:17 PM

zzzzzzzzzzz...

Dorothy Mantooth 10-27-2007 08:18 PM

It's nice that the Rockies fans get to cheer once this game.

pokergrader 10-27-2007 08:19 PM

Oh [censored], carrie underwood is Dice-Ks ex-GF!

Dorothy Mantooth 10-27-2007 08:20 PM

I'd hit it...but Romo's been there.

ajmargarine 10-27-2007 08:20 PM

This is a huge game for Colorado if they want to get back in the Series.

Dorothy Mantooth 10-27-2007 08:21 PM

How did the Rockies gain confidence? Myers is an idiot.

kioshk 10-27-2007 08:21 PM

That national anthem was sung perfectly. Carrie Underwood ftw!

Jorge10 10-27-2007 08:24 PM

Is the Rockies mascot a triceratops? WTF is up with that?

Dynasty 10-27-2007 08:24 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...d-Sox-logo.gif>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...Rockies70s.gif

Scary_Tiger 10-27-2007 08:26 PM

they only moved the runners along with a hit in two games, the first game and the second game - tim mccarver before game three

TMTTR 10-27-2007 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Big game tonight, if Dice K holds up and gets the W it ends the WS basically, if Fogg pulls it out and the Rocks win we *could* have a series again. Go Sox!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Another good reason to root for the Sox: If they win in four or five, we don't have to watch anymore baseball this year in that decrepit little port-a-potty in Boston. So much more eye pleasing in a big open field like Coors....

Nah, go Rox! Let's give them a little challenge at least!

daca 10-27-2007 08:27 PM

"They only moved runners along with hits in two games. The 1st game and the 2nd game"

Did he really just say that???

Dynasty 10-27-2007 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The mascot was chosen in a fan contest. Colorado has been the site of many dinosaur fossil excavations.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...en_monster.jpg>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...125f0e317f.jpg

sublime 10-27-2007 08:32 PM

rockies and their fans are so cute.

Needle77 10-27-2007 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He did some crazy voodoo magic in the ROX-Pads game.