Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   How to beat bots... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=290195)

QueBob 12-23-2006 09:06 PM

How to beat bots...

The hardest part about beating a bot is identifying them. The tells:

1) First and foremost, TIMING! A bot will generally take the same amount of time deciding to play 72o as they will playing AA. They will demonstrate the same timing throughout the hand.

2) Negative chat. They never chat, ever. Pull their chain as much as possible to get a chat. Especially after they lose a hand they should have won. Try to tilt them verbally and involve other players, get the table suspecting, they hate bots. If it’s dead silence, you’re zeroing in on a bot.

3) Look for 17-20% VPIP with a PFR about 8~11%, usually on the lower side. Total aggression factor is usually between 1.5 and 2, rarely higher.

How to beat them:

1) If they raise preflop, always fold unless you have a monster your self(AA-QQ, AK). Then reraise, never call a bot.

2) Never cold call a bot's preflop raise, reraise your big hand or fold.

3) If they miss the flop, they will fold. If the flop is dry, bet. If you get reraised, they have big pocket, fold.

4) Never check back a bot. Always bet, watch them fold, bots hate showdowns.

You beat bots postflop, not preflop. They are programmed for preflop equity, not post flop strategic advantage. That’s your edge, exploit that weakness!

Now go out and crush those botstards!

siwicki 12-23-2006 09:11 PM

Re: How to beat bots...

whats a bots typical name?

QueBob 12-23-2006 09:13 PM

There is no typical name, onlt typical play. They're smart, the name is never a tell.

Hopey 12-23-2006 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats a bots typical name?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's always BOT001 thru BOT999. It never varies. The bot creators are dumb that way.

51cards 12-23-2006 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no typical name, onlt typical play. They're smart, the name is never a tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you didn't see the list of similarly structured bot names in the other bot thread.

Also, who are you again?

QueBob 12-23-2006 09:21 PM

LOL, what you saw was a first generation amatuer. Don't think for a minute these guys are fools.

Losing all 12-23-2006 09:28 PM

This thread made me dumber. thx lol

DMoogle 12-23-2006 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you didn't see the list of similarly structured bot names in the other bot thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone who's running bots might name them in a similar fashion, but that only means that there's probably one owner for all the similarly named bots. A name means nothing.

MelchyBeau 12-23-2006 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2) Negative chat. They never chat, ever. Pull their chain as much as possible to get a chat. Especially after they lose a hand they should have won. Try to tilt them verbally and involve other players, get the table suspecting, they hate bots. If it’s dead silence, you’re zeroing in on a bot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't really use this as a tell, I know many people who keep chat off, or thier chat might be blocked. I normally don't pay attention to chat, and don't start typing things because I lost a hand that I should have won

QueBob 12-23-2006 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't really use this as a tell, I know many people who keep chat off, or thier chat might be blocked. I normally don't pay attention to chat, and don't start typing things because I lost a hand that I should have won

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you. I don't weigh this as heavily as timing and stats, but I would never discount it as worthless.